PROBLEMS WITH SKAGIT HARLEY !

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 11:53 AM
mjsflhtpi
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PROBLEMS WITH SKAGIT HARLEY !

"WE ARE A FAMILY ORIENTED BUSINESS THAT PROMOTES AN ATMOSPHERE OF TRUST"

This is a banner that flashes on the Skagit web site.
Well let me tell you my story and you decide. It was my very first dealing with Skagit Harley Davidson I had brought my bike in to be serviced and had asked for a quote on some new work, well they quoted me about$400 higher than any one I had talked to previously. When I asked why the quote was so high the service manager at the time (They have since replaced him) said "I quote all of my bids high so when it comes time to pay your bill if the cost is lower I look like a good guy!" and I’m thinking all that’s going to do is make me go to the other dealer with the lower quote, humm... maybe I’m just crazy that way. So any way I just decide to not go back I have learned in the past that when dealing with businesses that if you see RED FLAGS right from the start that there are probably more under the surface. So 3to 4 months latter I’m in the market for a new bike and Skagit is the closest dealership, so I go on line to see what is available I’m looking for 2005 touring model and I find a nice police bike at Skagit so I call on the bike and get some info from a guy named Jeff, now right from the start let me tell you that Jeff was a good guy and did a good job. my troubles started in the finance office I went in ran my credit and was approved so we started hashing out the details of the contract. so it was established that I needed a down about $1600 bucks to get into the bike so I said I would be back. It took me until 4:00 p.m. the to get the money so I called Skagit and was told that the finance lady Tylene wanted to leave early so I needed to hurry and get there if I wanted to make the deal. Ok well there scheduled hours are until 7:00 p.m. and this is in the middle of January (do you want to sell a bike or not?) So I hurried down to Skagit about a 1/2 hour drive from my house and made it by 5:00 p.m. so the pressure was on my wife to come with me to see the bike. So we sit down in the office and nothing was the same the contract was not at all what we had discussed there was insurance added that I had not asked for and when I pointed this out before I could say anything else the contract was torn up thrown in the trash and another one thrown in the printer. on the next one the interest rate was wrong when I pointed this out, it met with disgust and a comment that the dealership would have to eat the difference, you could tell that this person was really annoyed and in a hurry. this process went on for 3 or 4 contracts. (how about we sit down like adults, communicate what the problems are and fix them) So I know I should have walked right then and there but I really liked the bike and wanted to finish the process. I did talk to the G.M. Dave about my experience.(i will tell you more about him in a minute) So I get the bike and start ordering stuff for it and let me tell you that the motor-clothes and parts department we the excellent. Among some of the stuff I ordered was the owners manual. I looked up what maintenance should have been done and being that it was a used bike decide to check and see if the bike needed anything. I was not worried because before I even bought the bike I was told that all of the bikes go threw a 26 point quality inspection. I pulled the spark plugs they looked like s#*t so then I pulled the air cleaner it was the original air cleaner stamped 08-04 three and a half years old and black you could squeeze it and it would dip oil and had so much sludge on it that it filled the ribs on the filter, I was not happy so I called the service department to find out about what was checked on the 26 point inspection and the guy on the other end of the line acted like I was putting him out. so I called the next day and asked the service manager to run the V.I.N. to tell me what service had been done. Nothing it had never been looked at or the shop at all, now if y

Old 02-13-2008, 10:40 PM
CndUltra95
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts
Default RE: PROBLEMS WITH SKAGIT HARLEY !

Hmmm, so Tell Me , How do You Really Feel ?
You speak of Red Flags and the first one I see see is a first Post and it is one of a complaint, now go figure ....
Just my.02 worth
Rob
btw I have shopped at Skagit and Belligham HDand have no complaints, but if you mention Trev Deeley thats another story.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:11 AM
JakeF
Stage I

Anything that's for sale should be serviced and ready before it's sold.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:58 PM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

Sounds like all they wante to do was sell the bike, you and your feelings, obviously, were of no concern.

Did you follow through with your complaint to Harley?

Hack

Old 02-18-2008, 11:51 PM
mjsflhtpi
Stage II

yes I got a hold of the owner who did not listen to a word that I said and told me to get lost.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:15 PM
CSA
Road Master

Originally Posted by mjsflhtpi
yes I got a hold of the owner who did not listen to a word that I said and told me to get lost.
Sorry for putting this old topic to the top but I have to reply.

I work on a lot of Harley's and my shop is just blocks from Skagit Harley. I have used them in the past for the convenience and have swallowed the crap their staff puts out, but after this last week I will no longer enter the building. They are rude, pushy and down right insulting. I came in to see about a replacement part for a Road King and the parts guy that was working with me, I won't give his name, he is a pretty good guy, started joking with me about how much the price of the part was gonna be. After some laughing about how much they charge for pot tin metal Chinese parts the other parts guy goes into a tirade about how I should go and buy a Jap bike and see what their prices are like. Yeah maybe but at least the jap parts last longer then a single riding season. Anyways the part was for a customer. I was finishing servicing his bike and changing the fork oil and the part in question was over torqued when it was assembled. You would think in this day and age they would be a little more customer friendly. Not Skagit!

Last year my buddy took his Ultra in for service. We picked the bike up and after 30 minutes of riding the Oil cap popped off and spread fresh oil all over his bike. They had overfilled the reservoir. He took it back to Skagit and asked them to make it right and Fred Smith basically told him to get lost. This man should not own a Harley Dealership.

If you are in area buy from Bellingham Harley. They are really nice folks and still believe in Customer Service. Sound is also a great Harley Dealer. Good folks and always wanting to take care of you. If you have to buy from skagit just remember it will probably ruin your day.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:10 AM
writeman
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had a lot of work done by the service department at Skagit Harley and tehy have always been great until this last time. I took my trike in for the 15K service and to have the brake light fixed because it kept blowing the fuse every time i hit the front or rear brake. After trouble shooting for 6.5 hours they told be it was a bad wire in the tourpac and they disconnected it. After putting it back together they hit the brake and the engine started up and shut off on it own. To make a long story short they found a bad wire in the wiring harness and told me because of all the aftermarket LED lights I installed that it would not be covered by the ESP. Well I ended up paying just under $3500.00 to get my bike back after the tech disconnected all the LED lights. I talked to the Harley area Rep and he called BS on it and told me to contact Harley Customer Service which I did and they contacted Skagit service and was told a different story. I was then sent to the ESP people and they told me that Skagit screwed up by not submitting a claim so they could make the decision on if it was covered or not but because it was after the fact they could not do anything. I have a return call into the Harley Customer Service dept because they wanted to know what ESP said.
I will never do business with Skagit Harley again and I am putting the word out to all the riders I know that there Customer Service is zero to none and some of their tech's should not even be allow to work at McDonalds.
Writeman

Old 08-31-2012, 04:09 PM
FatTony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 120 Posts

I love the big fat store cat they have living in the dealership at Bellingham HD. I haven't been there in bout a year anyone know if he's still there?

Old 10-03-2014, 07:22 PM
geodoug
Stage III
Thumbs down always been that way 40+ years

I have tried to deal with them since the mid 70's and they have always been jerks. Once in awhile I would go in to look and they were just rude if I was not buying. was in Charleston wv for awhile and bought 2 bikes from them over a couple of years and referred several friends to them. They are A++++, not you can shop there. but there is a difference between a true Harley shop A+++++ and Skagit -F. I would own anything else if they were all I had to deal with. Move on and look else where there are great Harley shops out there.