Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Great Lakes (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/great-lakes-36/)
-   -   Bean Blossom Bikerfest in Indiana (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/great-lakes/1062814-bean-blossom-bikerfest-in-indiana.html)

mestude 07-31-2015 10:51 AM

Bean Blossom Bikerfest in Indiana

Who can tell me about this event. A few of us from Michigan are thinking about heading over this year.(Sept 11,12,13....If anyone has any details, let me know

Racepres 08-02-2015 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by mestude (Post 14259704)
Who can tell me about this event. A few of us from Michigan are thinking about heading over this year.(Sept 11,12,13....If anyone has any details, let me know

It is Not Bean Blossom anymore, not for quite some time since it was at Bean Blossom...it is at the Indiana ABATE property [quite a ways south] and called simply "the Boogy"
If it [when it] rains get out early, you'll see!!!

mestude 08-03-2015 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Racepres (Post 14264271)
It is Not Bean Blossom anymore, not for quite some time since it was at Bean Blossom...it is at the Indiana ABATE property [quite a ways south] and called simply "the Boogy"
If it [when it] rains get out early, you'll see!!!

i didnt realize. I was going by the website.

http://www.ballsbiker.com/

if you can give me any info...especially if its not worth the 6 hour ride and money spent to go. lol

72fl 08-03-2015 02:57 PM

i have friends that go and they say it is a great time. I believe it is primitive camping mostly.

mestude 08-04-2015 03:23 PM

cabin 15 min away

Originally Posted by 72fl (Post 14267995)
i have friends that go and they say it is a great time. I believe it is primitive camping mostly.

I found a vacation cabin to rent about 15mins away...with 5-6 of us, it would end up costing about 120 buck for 2 nights stay..I usually pay more than that a night at a motel when I do rallies. $60bucks a night...full kitchen, hot tub. cant beat it.

Jdharley78 08-05-2015 08:58 PM

I'm hitting fowlerville next weekend. I've been to the bean blossom/ boogie or whatever and it wasn't to bad at all. FYI watch out for the under cover cop cars. I was pulled over and given a ticket because he thought I was in a group that was speeding past him and stopped at the light that I was already at. The lead guy pulled right up next to me at the stop light so it appeared that I was in their group. I tried fighting it but it didn't work.

Rob Reimer 08-11-2015 03:06 PM

Here is what I found on Bill Monroes campground website: 13th annual BikerFest | September 8-13, 2015 Early bird arrival for BikerFest will begin on Tuesday, September 8th, an extra day of fun!. BikerFest is held at Bill Monroe Music Park and Campground in beautiful Brown County....5163 N State Road 135, Morgantown, IN 46160
So much to do at BikerFest....
  • Daily Live Entertainment
  • Party til 3 am with Rabid Hog DJ in Ridge Runners Bar
  • Scavenger Hunt Ride
  • Beer Garden with Full Bar, Corn Hole, Hillbilly Golf, Contests & Games
  • Hilarious Field Events & Redneck Olympics
  • Titillating Hoosier Honey's Contest
  • Easyriders Judged Bike Show
You must be 18 & over to enter the event, children are not permitted at the event. Event is held rain or shine, no refunds. Sorry, no pets or dogs allowed.
Ticket prices are per person and include one free motorcycle parking, all events and area merchant discounts with your BBBF wristband.

One-time additional parking fees apply for cars/trucks and motorized contraptions | $5 for each additional truck/car | $25 for each additional contraption(golf cart, ATV, UTV, mini-bike, homemade contraption, scooters, mopeds, etc).
CAMPING is available through Bill Monroe Music Park and Campground. Special camping rates apply and reservations are handled by the park staff. For more info and rates, contact the office at 800.414.4677. Campsites will sell out so reserve your spot today.
Golf cart rentals are available through Cunningham Golf Carts - call to reserve your cart - 800.456.1577.

Racepres 08-12-2015 08:22 AM

Hmmm!
I guess I didn't know someone was trying to resurrect the old Bean Blossom gig that used to be held at the Brown county Drag strip area.
Makes sense since the Boogey moved to the ABATE property.

stormryder4fr3 09-11-2015 11:35 AM

Just went for the first time, not what I thought it would be.
Golf carts and quads racing along the lanes(though this was a Bike event),
expensive food and SWAG (cash only for for most part).
Nothing really happening until after dark.
For the cash we paid to get in, it might be worth it if we stayed the entire week.
The only reason we didn't was wife became ill and we couldn't camp out.

We did see some really cool looking bikes for what bikes there were there. The people were really friendly. The portalets were maintained well. And the vendors were very friendly.

banjoplayer2 10-25-2015 07:19 PM

Much better off to wait two weeks, and go to Fayetteville, Ark. to Bikes Blues &BBQ