Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Midwest meet june 9th and 10th

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 06:03 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by slyedog
Might be a tad far for the old fella LOL. I mentioned it, will pm him about it, maybe he will make the trek.
i PM'd him about it too. sounds like he is thinkin bout it

Old 04-08-2017, 06:21 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by yooperhog
i PM'd him about it too. sounds like he is thinkin bout it
Yooper, your mail box is full so:

I'm about 2.5 hours straight south of the bridge in Midland, MI.

When i messaged Gann about it he mentioned a wedding

Old 04-08-2017, 06:35 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by matt76cmich
Yooper, your mail box is full so:

I'm about 2.5 hours straight south of the bridge in Midland, MI.

When i messaged Gann about it he mentioned a wedding
spend thur night in makinaw/st ignace and come thru menominee fri morn?
and i cleared inbox

Old 04-08-2017, 10:57 PM
roc2it
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default from the lil town of Sterlin

and i cleared inbox
Just wanted to say since you are in the "area" that LeClaire, Ia has a nice little microbrewery called Green Tree, a nice wine place called Wide River, and a distillery with tours. Dont forget Potosi. A little town with a nice microbrewery. An odd little bar in Mt. Horeb, Wi called the Grumpy troll, a have to brewery called New Glarus(I think its a must), Monroe, Wi has Bombgartners which has been around forever and is another must(while you are there call over a bar keep and donate a dollar(- or Poncho & Leftys which has good food(need reservations the place is as small as some bathrooms), Cedarville, Il has one of my fav wineries, and there is a bar in the little town of Oregon,Il that has a called the Franklin Street Pub that has some good brews and good company. Also in there is a neat place in Go Fish in Princton with a nice view of the river. If ya want to know anythiing feel free to messae me. And if u want I have one of those friends that drives all over all of the time and is real good with roads here. I can ask him to join and get into this discussion if u want to know about roads. Let me know and have a great trip!

Old 04-10-2017, 08:47 PM
BlackPearl#1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 111 Posts

and i cleared inbox
This sounds like a good plan that will work out good for everyone. The boat is going to put us in a rush to make much "hang out with our bros" time. Dale and I had lunch ( first time ever meeting face to face but have been talking bikes and motors and audio for a few years now) and talked​ about the timing thing and we are both pretty flexible but wanna roll in with some time to BS with the guys. Like you said, plenty of time to figure it out. No matter what, we are going to have a KICK *** TIME!!!
Kris

Old 04-18-2017, 07:28 PM
BlackPearl#1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 111 Posts

Met a friend today to see if he was interested in coming along with for the ride and look at what shirt he was wearing!!!! Too funny, but says it's a great place.

Attached Thumbnails Midwest meet june 9th and 10th-img_20170418_181908715.jpg  

Last edited by BlackPearl#1; 04-18-2017 at 07:32 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:22 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by roc2it
Just wanted to say since you are in the "area" that LeClaire, Ia has a nice little microbrewery called Green Tree, a nice wine place called Wide River, and a distillery with tours. Dont forget Potosi. A little town with a nice microbrewery. An odd little bar in Mt. Horeb, Wi called the Grumpy troll, a have to brewery called New Glarus(I think its a must), Monroe, Wi has Bombgartners which has been around forever and is another must(while you are there call over a bar keep and donate a dollar(- or Poncho & Leftys which has good food(need reservations the place is as small as some bathrooms), Cedarville, Il has one of my fav wineries, and there is a bar in the little town of Oregon,Il that has a called the Franklin Street Pub that has some good brews and good company. Also in there is a neat place in Go Fish in Princton with a nice view of the river. If ya want to know anythiing feel free to messae me. And if u want I have one of those friends that drives all over all of the time and is real good with roads here. I can ask him to join and get into this discussion if u want to know about roads. Let me know and have a great trip!
Thanks for the advice. My plan is to follow up on the Iowa side and ride the river up as close as possible. Want to get a nice ride in but no time for a ton of stops. Plan to hit pikes peak oark and go straight to Prairie Du Chien, then we will all head towards our destinations.

Originally Posted by BlackPearl#1
Met a friend today to see if he was interested in coming along with for the ride and look at what shirt he was wearing!!!! Too funny, but says it's a great place.
It is going to be a good time. Poopy's is a nice place and lots of parking. Food wasn't bad and drink prices were fair.

Old 05-01-2017, 10:52 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

We just about a month out. Sounds like a good turn out. Need to get a head count so if I need to get a table ready at poopy's we will have seating ready. So give me a in to confirm so I can toss them a head count when we get close. Appreciate it.

Old 05-01-2017, 10:54 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by slyedog
We just about a month out. Sounds like a good turn out. Need to get a head count so if I need to get a table ready at poopy's we will have seating ready. So give me a in to confirm so I can toss them a head count when we get close. Appreciate it.
Me and the ole lady

Old 05-01-2017, 11:45 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 201 Likes on 165 Posts

I'm in, pretty sure Pete is also in for the Minnesota contingency.

Quick Reply: Midwest meet june 9th and 10th