Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

September Mid-West Meet and Greet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 10:14 PM
kevin_n
Road Captain
Received 158 Likes on 121 Posts

I live just south of Milwaukee, in Racine. My work schedule won't allow me to meet up with you guys Thursday or Friday but if nothing comes up I would be able to meet up Saturday for a ride. I can get you a list of a couple hotels right by the airport in Milwaukee or if you want to stay a little out of Milwaukee you could look in the New Berlin area, about 20 miles west of Milwaukee.

Last edited by kevin_n; 07-21-2017 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Grammer
Old 07-22-2017, 12:23 AM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by kevin_n
I live just south of Milwaukee, in Racine. My work schedule won't allow me to meet up with you guys Thursday or Friday but if nothing comes up I would be able to meet up Saturday for a ride. I can get you a list of a couple hotels right by the airport in Milwaukee or if you want to stay a little out of Milwaukee you could look in the New Berlin area, about 20 miles west of Milwaukee.
Just looking for a decent place that the bikes won't get messed with, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated by the airport and outside of town, just need some clean beds and a way to get clean, nothing too fancy, (dinner locations would be cool too, Red Rock Saloon? Sick ******?). Definitely look us up for the Saturday ride.

Last edited by matt76cmich; 07-22-2017 at 12:29 AM.
Old 07-22-2017, 12:27 AM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member

Definitely wanna get a hotel/motel lined up by the end of next week

Old 07-22-2017, 10:36 AM
bladeguy
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by matt76cmich
Just looking for a decent place that the bikes won't get messed with, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated by the airport and outside of town, just need some clean beds and a way to get clean, nothing too fancy, (dinner locations would be cool too, Red Rock Saloon? Sick ******?). Definitely look us up for the Saturday ride.
i will come up with good dinner and bar meet ups. Let me noodle on it for a bit. The airport is out of the city so maybe a little safer and cheaper but not far from anything I will be here thu-sunday. Will lead a beautiful ride Saturday. Again going to noodle on it for a bit. I will have plans in place before the meet-up.

Old 07-22-2017, 11:43 AM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by bladeguy
i will come up with good dinner and bar meet ups. Let me noodle on it for a bit. The airport is out of the city so maybe a little safer and cheaper but not far from anything I will be here thu-sunday. Will lead a beautiful ride Saturday. Again going to noodle on it for a bit. I will have plans in place before the meet-up.
sounds great. Just had 48 hours OT added to my work schedule next week on this 17 day stretch so the help is greatly appreciated. I'll be able to research a few things while im working the afternoon and night shifts, but day shift is crazy busy, that and I have to fit family and sleep in there somewhere lol.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:50 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member

here is the hotel info:

Okay so I switched to a direct reservation under Reid Berman. Rooms are $72/night with 2 double beds and a small fridge. for $5 less you can get no fridge, but I figured you guys would live it up! I have two rooms Thursday through Sunday, four Friday through Sunday. If you don't want Saturday night let me know - it is a 24 hour cancel. Please call and have the rooms changed into your name (and credit card!!!!) I will be cancelling all the rooms on my card before the weekend. Applebees is right next door. Not the most exciting bar but you can stumble home and I actually kind of like this one believe it or not. Water Street Brewery is nearby - excellent food and beer. My friend is the head brewmaster. Also right next door is a motorcycle dealer - it is metric, but it is literally right there. It is where I bought my snowmobile.

And here is the very loose itinerary:

As far as an itinerary:

I figure for those of us going on Thursday just meet up at the hotel at some time, shoot the ****, head to bike night and eat there.

Friday meet up with the rest of the guys at the hotel, find a spot to fire up the different setups and not **** anyone off, head somewhere for dinner/drinks

Saturday get some breakfast, I wouldn't mind checking out the Knucklehead show at the museum, and then head out for our ride and mess around with the setups where ever we find a good spot to pull over and stretch.

Sunday I'll be heading home

I'm not huge on schedules, but this doesn't sound too bad. I like to leave options open. Let's just hope for as good of weather as the first meet and greet

Keep checking this thread in the Audio section as well, there has been more activity there:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...and-greet.html

Also looks like myself and a few others will be showing up Thursday night to attend the bike night at the museum, should be an awesome time.

Old 07-27-2017, 02:30 PM
bagga
Elite HDF Member
Received 600 Likes on 351 Posts

sorry about the confusion but the knucklehead show was july 9 th. i was less than clear about that earlier in the thread. again sorry about the confusion.

Old 07-27-2017, 03:22 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by bagga
sorry about the confusion but the knucklehead show was july 9 th. i was less than clear about that earlier in the thread. again sorry about the confusion.
Ahh, either way I'd still like to tour the museum.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:24 AM
yooperbigdog
Cruiser
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by matt76cmich
Ok. Let's try to get a roster for those who are interested in this and then we can pick a central location.

1. Matt Michigan
2. Mike Joliet Illinois
3. Babyboy Illinois
4. DSM Limited - DesMoines, IA
5. yooper. upper mich
6. Adenton Illinois
7. Blackpearl Wisconsin
8. Bladeguy Wisconsin
9. BigBadAllis Michigan
Put me in the 10 spot-I'm from the SOO (UP)-OOP's read further and see it's Milw, to far for me i'd be 2 day's from meeting location

Last edited by yooperbigdog; 08-24-2017 at 09:35 AM. Reason: too far
Old 08-24-2017, 09:40 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by yooperbigdog
Put me in the 10 spot-I'm from the SOO (UP)-OOP's read further and see it's Milw, to far for me i'd be 2 day's from meeting location
2 days ride??? you can meet michmatt at the mac bridge thur, hes swinging to pick me up in menominee...then 3 hrs to milwaukee

Quick Reply: September Mid-West Meet and Greet?