Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

60 Sunday Starved Rock Galena Anywhere?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 08:00 AM
bigdoghd
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 60 Sunday Starved Rock Galena Anywhere?

Hey just saw that the weather was suppose to be in the 70's. I met some great people in the past month that went on a few rides I put together and had a great time. Anyone interested in doing a ride? Any suggestions. I heard that there are a few watering holes further south ......just need to find out where.
I'm sure we can take the forum GPS ( screen name: nscrbug) and were guarnteed not to get lost.

Never mind......somebody changed the zip code and I was looking at Tn. Dam it !!!!!

Old 11-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Candy Azz
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 70Sunday Starved Rock Galena Anywhere?

Weather Channel says 60* for Sunday. Pfffft!

Old 11-02-2007, 07:34 AM
Candy Azz
Banned

Still showing 60*

Old 11-02-2007, 08:06 AM
bigdoghd
Road Master

Ya it looks good......by problem is I have to be back by 2PM. Wife decided she wants to do family portrait as a gift to my father inlaw. Let me know your thoughts if your goona go. Haven't had much reponse on the board this time. All these
suburb people must have put their scoots away.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:45 AM
dv102
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My scoot is far from being put away. It won't be put away until salt is down on the road. I rode in to work this morning and now I have to ride into the city a little later this morning. I was thinking of doing the Kankakee ririver on sunday. Head to Wilmington take 102 on east side of the river and then back on 113 on west side of the river. Just gotta watch for critters seeing pheasant season opens up and hunters will be pushing game through the woods.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:35 AM
nscrbug
Cruiser

Hi guys,

That Kankakee route is a nice one, Dennis...I've done it a few times myself. The colors down there along the river should be nice. I would've joined you guyson Sunday, however...I sort of committed to doing another ride that day. It's not my "normal" type of ride...it's a larger, organized one put on by a church group up in Barrington(Willow Creek). It's one of those new mega-churches..they have a riding club called the Highroad Riders. They're doing a ride out to the Rock River area on Sunday....with a stop for brunch at the White Pines Inn in White Pines State Park.For all the times I've ridden out that way, I've never been to White Pines before...so I'm interested in checking it out. Anyone is welcome to join in on this ride.I'm guessing it might be a pretty big turnout. The last one I did with this group, ended up being around 100 bikes. But it's well-organized with radio communication between the lead and sweep. Anyway...those are my riding plans for this weekend. If anybody wants more info on this ride, let me know and I'll post it up.

Linda

Old 11-02-2007, 12:28 PM
bigdoghd
Road Master

Looks like I can't go if my navigation system (Linda) is not riding with us DV 102 thats sounds pretty good I'm always up for a new place. Keep me posted on your plans. The only thing is I'll probably have to break off and head back earlier because of my lovely wife making plans. I told here can't you just take the picture and photo shop me in later? Geeez they just don't understand.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:41 PM
nscrbug
Cruiser

Oh c'mon now, bigdoghd...you guys will be just fine without me. If the weather holds out for next weekend and my bike isn't laid up in the shop....you can count me in! I was hoping to get it over to IL HD sometime next week to have them inspect my cam tensioners to see if they need replacing. But I'm not sure if they'll be able to squeeze me in, schedule-wise...so we'll see. With daylight savings time ending this weekend, it'll be gettin' dark (and cold) earlier now...but hopefully there will be a few more decent riding weekends left. The Galena/Savanna area is a great place to ride, but it's probably better to hold off on that one until next spring, when there are more daylight hours. I also know some fantastic routes up into Wisconsin...around the Kettle Moraine area. Lots of good riding up there with all those rustic roads. Hope you guys have a good ride on Sunday!

Old 11-02-2007, 01:50 PM
bigdoghd
Road Master

Call Doc at Illinois and tell him your a friend of mine.......any any chance of him getting you in? With a pretty please at the end. Not unless you have your own connections?

Old 11-02-2007, 02:15 PM
nscrbug
Cruiser

I'm not real "tight" with Doc...not like I was with Chris, the previous SM over there. I'd feel kinda weird calling him...know what I mean? He knows me and all...actually, I think they ALL know me over there...(and not in a good way...LOL)...but I don't think Doc likes to deal with me much. Usually I just deal with George (service writer) and generally ask for Pat to work on my bike. I was hoping to drop my bike off on Monday, but I think they are on their winter hours now (closed on Mondays)...which sucks because that was the best day for me to get over there. Now I'm not sure when I'll be able to get there...maybe Wednesday if the weather is ok. Then it all depends on what they find when they tear into it. If my cam tensioners do need to be replaced, I'll probably have to wait on some parts. Unless I decide to go gear driven...which in that case, I'll need to consult with Jim to discuss what the best setup for me would be. Lots of decisions to be made...but they first have to diagnose it.

Quick Reply: 60 Sunday Starved Rock Galena Anywhere?