Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

receiver style trailer hitch

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 10:01 PM
show-n-go
Road Master
Received 185 Likes on 135 Posts
Default receiver style trailer hitch

I am looking for a hitch, My old bike had one from MC Hitch USA, it appears that he is out for medical reasons, I have been waiting since December with no luck in reaching them. So i am looking for recommendations on which brand to get that is the least noticeable when receiver is removed. I can not use the vertical kind as i have a luggage box that slides in versus a trailer. I spent hours on google and ebay which left me with more questions than answers as most do not have more than one picture, If they dont show it on a bike I have a hard time spending $300-$400 on it.

So lets hear it? What brand hitch do you have and do you have a pic of it on your bike.

I also tried searching on this site before posting with zero luck.

Old 03-03-2017, 06:20 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,563 Likes on 1,082 Posts

I'm also a fan of the McHitch and have one on my 2011 Ultra.
Another option is a hitch from Khrome Werks. Don't know anything about them though.

http://www.khromewerks.com/shop/detail/720550

Old 03-07-2017, 10:48 AM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,563 Likes on 1,082 Posts

Originally Posted by show-n-go
I also tried searching on this site before posting with zero luck.
Maybe this is still available and would work?

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-for-sale.html

Old 03-07-2017, 11:30 AM
ohioflhs
Road Warrior

Received 231 Likes on 161 Posts

My 2008 FLHTC has one from a company called USA trailer store.

Old 03-11-2017, 03:22 PM
BikerPepe`
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,845 Likes on 1,354 Posts

I picked up a Krome Werks from HitchDoc unit for my '00 softail many, many years ago.
Never had a problem with it. It survived the bike being totaled and I still use the same unit after the rebuild. If I had to do it all over from scratch, I'd go back to them in a heartbeat!

Wiring up for the trailer lighting was harder than installing the hitch and the support framework was so solid, I used it to custom mount fiberglass bags on my softail (back before they had kits you could buy).

Old 03-23-2017, 07:56 AM
wuzfuz
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I use a hitch from N-Line that I pull my N-LINE trailer with. Looks good without the trailer and is very easy to put the hitch in.
http://n-line.com/products/motorcycle-hitches/
Wuzfuz

Old 04-11-2017, 03:21 AM
DANNER55
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nline.com sell exactly what you want. Nothing is cheap anymore!

Old 04-11-2017, 09:11 PM
Firebike32
Road Warrior
Received 139 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by BikerPepe`
I picked up a Krome Werks from HitchDoc unit for my '00 softail many, many years ago.
Never had a problem with it. It survived the bike being totaled and I still use the same unit after the rebuild. If I had to do it all over from scratch, I'd go back to them in a heartbeat!

Wiring up for the trailer lighting was harder than installing the hitch and the support framework was so solid, I used it to custom mount fiberglass bags on my softail (back before they had kits you could buy).

That's not like any hitch I've ever gotten from HitchDoc. Had HitchDoc's on both my '02 and my '12 Ultras. Pull the pin on the ball and the hitch pretty much disappears. I put well over 100,000 mile with our trailer tied to their hitch. No problems. Good product, good people. www.hitchdoc.com

Last edited by Firebike32; 04-11-2017 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:59 PM
BikerPepe`
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,845 Likes on 1,354 Posts

when did you make your purchase from hitchdoc? I picked mine up back in '03 or a little earlier.

Like I said... (and seen at the bottom of the diagram page) it is a Khrome Werks manufacturer hitch. Entirely possible they've switched suppliers or come up with a design of their own over the last 14 years.

I don't mind the ball staying there and being visible. Looks tough and makes a great fender guard too.

Old 04-12-2017, 08:31 PM
Firebike32
Road Warrior
Received 139 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by BikerPepe`
when did you make your purchase from hitchdoc? I picked mine up back in '03 or a little earlier.

Like I said... (and seen at the bottom of the diagram page) it is a Khrome Werks manufacturer hitch. Entirely possible they've switched suppliers or come up with a design of their own over the last 14 years.

I don't mind the ball staying there and being visible. Looks tough and makes a great fender guard too.
Got my first HitchDoc when they were located on a farm southwest of Worthington, Mn. I was really surprised by the quality when I saw the shop. Got my second one in 2012. By then they had a new plant located off I-90 in Jackson, Mn.

Quick Reply: receiver style trailer hitch