Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Introducing my 2015 Road Glide Roadsmith HDTR Trike!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 07:53 PM
David R
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cygnusx51
Is there a huge difference between the power before and after? I imagine it’s got to put quite a bit more load on the engine and tranny.
Not really. Actually I cannot tell the difference. Mind you, I don't get on it very hard and I'm happy to cruise down the road at 70 mph or so. I havn't towed the Time Out camper trailer behind it yet but it shouldn't be a big deal. I've towed the camper behind for a year before the conversion.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:00 PM
David R
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Bartender
First, Thanks for your service, David.
You definitely look like a drill sergeant.
Not someone to mess with.
They really did a great job on your trike and
Love the photo of your Brother!
He has that "we're going to have a great time" look.
Must have been a great Man to earn a spot on your motorcycle.
Thank you so much... We had such great riding plans for the future. It didn't work out. I miss that guy so hard even though it's only been two months. That is the biggest reason I spent the money for this conversion. We never know when...

Last edited by David R; 11-14-2017 at 08:01 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:09 PM
David R
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Cygnusx51
Is there a huge difference between the power before and after? I imagine it’s got to put quite a bit more load on the engine and tranny.
Not really. Actually I was surprised how easily it took off on my first ride. I guess I was kind of thinking there would be a noticeable difference but there was none. I havn't towed my Time Out camper trailer behind it yet but I don't think it will be much of a difference of what I'm used to towing it before the conversion.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:42 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 266 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by David R
Ha! That threw me off for years. California MD?
Yep all my life in St Mary's until 6 years ago. Love being able to ride pretty much year round here and being a few hours away from Daytona.

Old 11-15-2017, 06:35 AM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 467 Posts

Excellent job sir. Better times are ahead, its a huge loss you dealt with but now he will be riding with you everytime your out there. Congrats and well done.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:41 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,149 Likes on 5,594 Posts

Nice ride man, what is that flat chrome piece on the side of the rear section between the tour pack and fender?

Old 11-15-2017, 11:16 AM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Received 75 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by David R
Hi all,

I decided to trike my road glide. I'm 62 and not as able as I used to be. Enough so that I was getting afraid to ride the bike. So I researched trike conversions and settled on this model.

I've had motorcycles since I was 14 years old and was not prepared for how different riding a trike is. But after two rides and 170 miles since it was delivered last Friday (Veterans Day, I'm retired Coast Guard) I'm getting the hang of it. You have to learn to "trust" the trike. It is not going to TIP over!

Dang, now I have about 3 1/2 months of winter until I can really get it out on a long ride/camping trip.

EDIT: I had a picture of my late brother air brushed on the trunk. He loved his 05 Retro Orange Sportster and his ZZ Top/Duck Dynasty beard.

I'm not a super big fan of Trikes but I have to tell you that your bike looks REALLY frgn good. The colour, the portrait of your bro makes it one of a kind. Ride it in good health Sir!

p.s. If you don't mind my asking; what size and make is that windshield that you're using on there? Thank you.

Old 11-18-2017, 05:07 PM
David R
Cruiser

Originally Posted by roadkinglobo
I'm not a super big fan of Trikes but I have to tell you that your bike looks REALLY frgn good. The colour, the portrait of your bro makes it one of a kind. Ride it in good health Sir!

p.s. If you don't mind my asking; what size and make is that windshield that you're using on there? Thank you.
Klock Werks 10" Pro Touring.

I really like it. When sitting on the bike and looking at it, it looks funny because it has "hips'.

Old 11-18-2017, 05:15 PM
David R
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Bubba Zanetti
Nice ride man, what is that flat chrome piece on the side of the rear section between the tour pack and fender?
Passenger grab bars. A passenger on a trike will really appreciate them.

Old 11-19-2017, 01:05 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 632 Likes on 504 Posts

hes also got what looks like a chrome gas cap on the right fender under the grab rails, road smith does offer an aux fuel tank.

Quick Reply: Introducing my 2015 Road Glide Roadsmith HDTR Trike!