Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

The Wide Glide Frankenstein Trike Conversion Has Begun...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 03:40 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by mud
great thread Darryl.

thanks for sending the link.

the trials and tribulations being overcome and conquered by TCC.

my seven recent surgeries have me seriously considering following this route.

one big drawback for me is the exhaust.

my motor is extremely modified and now running and tuned for the Boarzilla.

I called Frankenstein and they tell me that The chain drive on my 06 Dyna is not a problem.

so I'm definitely considering this.

I noticed Frankenstein's address is on Trump Terrace. thumbs up for that.
Mud, this has been a labor of love. Now having it for this entire season, I think, why did I wait to do it? It completely changed up my motorcycling and made it all new again. With the surgeries and issues you've had this could be a viable option; it's ridiculous fun. I honestly don't feel any need to add a 2 wheeler; after all the growing pains and then all the incredible miles this season, I see myself staying on 3 wheels now.

Nice to hear the chain drive won't be an issue, I've considered that as a future mod. Still want a foot clutch and jockey shift; just 'cause.

Your ride is heavily modded and you're right; the exhaust will be your biggest issue. I was able to tweak my FuelMoto map with autotuning and the WinPV program and got a very nice result. Your engine build is well past mine and using a shortened exhaust like ShortShots isn't going to cut it. With the Frankenstein axle and the modified rear fork it makes things more difficult. But, that's why they call them customs, right? If anyone can figure out the workaround on the exhaust it will be you.

I too noticed Frankenstein's address

If you have any questions or need detailed images just shout out. Oh, and a word of warning; trike your ride, and you'll draw a crowd.

Edited to add: Make a post, add some images Bike night; I never got more than 10 feet away from the bike; thankfully the Lady was there to bring me beverage reinforcements...

​​​​​​​

Last edited by TinCupChalice; 10-12-2018 at 04:58 PM.
Old 10-13-2018, 01:54 PM
gerald martin
Road Master
Received 447 Likes on 292 Posts

Tin cup
How did you make out with the issues you were having? Have you solved them? I am sure many are awaiting your results
Thanks
Gerald

The following users liked this post:
TinCupChalice (10-13-2018)
Old 10-24-2018, 05:59 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Grabbed a few new images after I got home from today's ride; cold, but got in just over 300 miles. Frozen cold by the end, but it was a good day. Time is drawing short on this season; then time for the recap on the year...

Old 10-24-2018, 06:07 PM
gerald martin
Road Master
Received 447 Likes on 292 Posts

trike looks great. What did you do to solve the problem you were having? I see you have shocks on it. Did struts not work out?

The following users liked this post:
TinCupChalice (10-25-2018)