Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Any experience with Dyna and sidecar?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 12:51 PM
irtmks
Intermediate
Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

very cool. I will be in San Diego for a week, then will try my hand at aluminum welding. If it is reasonable, I will fabricate a rock guard for my new aluminum featherlite trailer. I need to transport the Dyna to Buckly Washington, then have the sidecar mounted, and trailer back. A trailer is better than the last sidecar, as I drove a Honda CRV stuffed a Enduro sidecar in pieces inside and drove back to Arizona.

Old 06-09-2018, 06:23 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,561 Likes on 5,153 Posts

The Classic will go on the RGU this winter. The Front end work on myRGU should have been done already . The RGU Speedo/and Tach mount caused issues . They have been sorted out so maybe Monday.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:22 PM
irtmks
Intermediate

OK, last week I trailer-ed the Dyna from Mesa AZ to Buckley WA to DMC Sidecars. The "marriage" ceremony took most of Monday. I then made it "post haste" back to Mesa before I drown in any additional rain. This is my third in around 20+ years. No extra brake, No triple tree upgrade, No stabilizer, no bungee straps hooked from my handlebars to foot pegs (yes really - been there and done it).

Drives great, as in really, really well. Dyna 96 Cu inch pulls it like a monster. So far very happy. My other "Off-Road" KLR/Enduro sidecar rig was donated to a Veterans program offering sidecars to disabled Veterans.

Old 09-24-2018, 04:31 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,561 Likes on 5,153 Posts

Outstanding. It looks great. You make a good point on smaller lighter bikes The tree may not be needed. Same with brake on the sidecar only down side is a bit more pad wear on the bike. My new twin classic will ship the 24th or 25th.
keep us posted on how it goes for you. And surely some more photos.
Few weeks ago we did a ride at a retirement home. Most of those that rode were 80-98 years old. few trikes and two sidecar. The sidecars were busy all day long.

Old 09-30-2018, 11:36 PM
tgmotoman
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

That looks great. Would love to see a few more pictures of it. Well done.

Old 01-11-2019, 12:00 PM
bude
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by irtmks
OK, last week I trailer-ed the Dyna from Mesa AZ to Buckley WA to DMC Sidecars. The "marriage" ceremony took most of Monday. I then made it "post haste" back to Mesa before I drown in any additional rain. This is my third in around 20+ years. No extra brake, No triple tree upgrade, No stabilizer, no bungee straps hooked from my handlebars to foot pegs (yes really - been there and done it).

Drives great, as in really, really well. Dyna 96 Cu inch pulls it like a monster. So far very happy. My other "Off-Road" KLR/Enduro sidecar rig was donated to a Veterans program offering sidecars to disabled Veterans.

super nice

Old 01-11-2019, 07:27 PM
irtmks
Intermediate

Thanks for all the positive comments.

Here are a few of Alli-gator's first week riding. She is a 7 month old English Lab. She is presently engaged in PTSD Service Dog Training. Alli-gator replaces my beloved Maggie (pictured in her KLR above). Maggie passed away last year. She was a Diabetes detection Dog, PTSD Dog, and worked in the Psych Ward of the VA hospital for nearly 5 years. I donated Maggie's KLR sidecar rig, to an organization that will provide it to another PTSD Veteran who has a Service dog, so they may also experience the Joy of riding, forward, together, one hand, one paw at a time.