Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Trying to decide what to buy

Old 07-21-2018, 01:22 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts
Default Trying to decide what to buy

I made the mistake of posting this in the General Chat section thinking I would get more feedback, but it looks like no TG owners read the General Chat section.

I totaled my TriGlide in May on my way back from Rolling Thunder. Broke my nose, rib, neck and left shoulder.

I just had the shoulder operation Monday. Excrusiating pain all day yesterday after the block wore off. Doubled dose on medication and all is OK today. Now the challenge begins = what should I do for a replacement for my 14 TG?

Only got $24K from insurance. Would like some input and thoughts on a 14,15 or16 TG. I was contemplating a 17, but my H-D mechanic said I should stay away from the 17's. He doesn't have any skin in the game so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and concentrate on the 14 to 16 models, besides they're more affordable.

My dealer said there are no differences between those years other then something about Blue Tooth which I don't care about.

Depending on mileage (usually low for each year) what would be, in you opinion, the pros and cons of each of those years?

I need some fuel for thought from owners of these years. Good and bad.

Old 07-22-2018, 05:10 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,560 Likes on 5,153 Posts

Nothing wrong with the 2016 103 lot right with it. The 2017 M8 is better the so called H-D mechanic is just wrong. Cost being an issue the right deal on a 2016 would serve anyone well.
Hope you heal up well and all you are left with is a memory of the crash.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:25 AM
bronxbill
Road Warrior

Received 453 Likes on 280 Posts

I have a 2016 Triglide and am very happy with it. All I have done performance wise is add a K&N air filter and a set of VIEDs to gain a little change in the air fuel mixture. Engine has plenty of power for two up fully loaded touring