Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Where to go for a Trike Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 04:16 AM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
This is exactly what my insurance company told me; the conversion is an accessory. Just increase the amount of your accessory coverage to be certain you've covered all your add-on's to the bike...
Where do some of these guys come up with their theories about trikes? Next thing you know someone will warn her not to do it because they can tip over. I have no problem with insurance on my conversion and I've even changed providers. All I know is Progressive and Geico have insured my trike and not a problem with getting it. Matter of fact I don't know anyone with a conversion that has had a problem getting insurance. I will say everybody I know has a quality conversion and not some home made cobbled together thing.

Back to the topic. If you want a bare bones quality conversion, go with Frankenstein. If you want a full body, take your pick. Hannigan, CSC, Champion, Roadsmith. IMO the differences between them are minor and it's mostly preference like picking a Chevy or a Ford. Some have a bell and others have a whistle, but they all get the job done and you can depend on them.

The following users liked this post:
Clint44 (08-07-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 10:27 PM
Mudshovel
Stage IV
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I know your post is a bit dated but I wanted to tell you my story (the short version).

I had a spinal cord injury and a fair amount of nerve damage in my back and right leg. Holding up a bike is not an option. I purchased a Freewheeler and enjoyed it very much (you do need to change your thinking on turns since you don’t lean but its not that hard). After some time I really wanted to do a sidecar instead so I picked up a 2018 street glide and had a Hannigan sidecar installed (Heritage). With the sidecar you don’t have to hold up the bike either. However, it is harder to drive than the trike (for me) I’m really having to think more but wow do I love it. Just another thought if you haven’t done anything as of yet.

Whatever you do good luck and if you folks can have any enjoyment, find a way, I can’t ride but about 30 min to an hour but for that time I’m free.