Notices
Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

An Idea Percolating....

 
  #11  
Old 01-30-2019, 04:09 PM
RDHIGH
RDHIGH is online now
One Of The Regulars
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 161
Thanks: 0
Thanked 32 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Boy- would it be cool to see an S&S high compression big bore shovelhead unit in a trike! Makes cool sounds too! And an open belt drive primary too please!!
 
  #12  
Old 02-03-2019, 02:25 PM
DK Custom's Avatar
DK Custom
DK Custom is online now
Platinum Sponsor
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Red Banks, Mississippi
Posts: 15,034
Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,106 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Kawickrice View Post
Sounds like a man on a mission. I'm not familiar with trike kits but since the Freewheeler hit the market I said it would be bad *** with the CVO treatment. Hint hint. Lol
I like how your thinking, carbed, old school and Softail. Decisions decisions.
Originally Posted by RDHIGH View Post
Boy- would it be cool to see an S&S high compression big bore shovelhead unit in a trike! Makes cool sounds too! And an open belt drive primary too please!!
Yep, carbed for sure. Would like to go evo or earlier, a shovel would be really nice.

Not going to build on an existing HD trike platform. Going to have Cut-n-Shoot do the conversion. I'm keeping my Tri-Glide for long two up trips. This will be a more running around locally and shorter trip ride.

Open belt, maybe, also possible a foot clutch and left side tank shifter.
 
__________________
Kevin

DKCustomProducts.com
Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: [email protected]


  #13  
Old 02-05-2019, 05:22 PM
smitty901's Avatar
smitty901
smitty901 is offline
Extreme HDF Member
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location:
Posts: 12,382
Thanked 1,132 Times in 802 Posts
Default

How about something along the lines of a modern day Servi-Car. Old school look modern reliability .
 
  #14  
Old 02-06-2019, 10:34 AM
DK Custom's Avatar
DK Custom
DK Custom is online now
Platinum Sponsor
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Red Banks, Mississippi
Posts: 15,034
Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,106 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by smitty901 View Post
How about something along the lines of a modern day Servi-Car. Old school look modern reliability .
Current thoughts are a longer front end, 2 up seating, wood bed unit. Have been searching the internet, have not found any images that match that. IRS would be exposed/visible under wood bed.
 
__________________
Kevin

DKCustomProducts.com
Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: [email protected]


  #15  
Old 02-09-2019, 11:52 AM
smitty901's Avatar
smitty901
smitty901 is offline
Extreme HDF Member
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location:
Posts: 12,382
Thanked 1,132 Times in 802 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DK Custom View Post
Current thoughts are a longer front end, 2 up seating, wood bed unit. Have been searching the internet, have not found any images that match that. IRS would be exposed/visible under wood bed.
Better yet if there are not a lot of them around something new to the eye that is functional. That would be a breath of fresh air. I am not a really big fan of the black out stuff but in some cases it works. Black front end mostly black with some polished nickle here and there... Screw this light weight fluffy look make it look heavy and bold
 

Last edited by smitty901; 02-09-2019 at 12:02 PM.
  #16  
Old 02-10-2019, 12:19 PM
DK Custom's Avatar
DK Custom
DK Custom is online now
Platinum Sponsor
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Red Banks, Mississippi
Posts: 15,034
Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,106 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by smitty901 View Post
Better yet if there are not a lot of them around something new to the eye that is functional. That would be a breath of fresh air. I am not a really big fan of the black out stuff but in some cases it works. Black front end mostly black with some polished nickle here and there... Screw this light weight fluffy look make it look heavy and bold

 
__________________
Kevin

DKCustomProducts.com
Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: [email protected]


 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: