Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Can anyone in this fellowship help me with our trike.

Old 06-10-2019, 08:01 AM
Aydin Cuvegen
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone in this fellowship help me with our trike.

Can I have any information and advice on this trike. I just want to see my dad ride it. He owns a photography wedding business and he swapped his stretch Lincoln town car for it with hopes that he could complete it and have a bride and g On the back and incorporate it into the business like what he did with his limousine. He's a full time science and math teacher 6 days a week and runs the business on the side. It's been over 5 years it's been sitting in the garage. I want to see his dreams fulfilled so I'm coming into this fellowship seeking wisdom. Thank you in advance.

Old 06-10-2019, 08:08 AM
Aydin Cuvegen
Stage IV
Old 06-10-2019, 08:10 AM
Aydin Cuvegen
Stage IV
Old 06-10-2019, 12:35 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,561 Likes on 5,153 Posts

You have a lot of work and cash ahead of you. That will not be a do it yourself project unless you have some skills long sense lost by most average riders. Good luck with it . And any shop you do find to work on it check them out every witch way and then some more.

Old 06-11-2019, 01:20 AM
Aydin Cuvegen
Stage IV

Thanks for the advice. I have tubs full of parts that came with the bike. Do you think it would be an impossible task for me find someone in this fellowship to help me complete this bike? How much money and time do you think it will take? I was hoping I could get it going within a day once I found someone that was a) trustworthy b) a wizard? ��

Old 06-11-2019, 05:22 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,561 Likes on 5,153 Posts

Originally Posted by Aydin Cuvegen
Thanks for the advice. I have tubs full of parts that came with the bike. Do you think it would be an impossible task for me find someone in this fellowship to help me complete this bike? How much money and time do you think it will take? I was hoping I could get it going within a day once I found someone that was a) trustworthy b) a wizard? ��
Please do not that this the wrong way. The question you ask make it clear it is not something you are ready for as a do it your self. That bike is what we call a basket case. It is going to require a lot of skill. It will also require knowledge of old parts and ways of doing things.
You do not even know at this point if the engine is salvageable. Being honest your are looking at a money pit with no bottom . Going one issue at a time searching for someone that can help you fix each one will take a life time . And an endless check book.
Hard to see the pictures but I question weather it ever was in road condition as a trike. The right shop with enough money can make anything work. The wrong shop will just bleed your bank account.

The following users liked this post:
Clint44 (06-15-2019)
Old 06-11-2019, 05:42 AM
FreedomRider
Road Master
Received 337 Likes on 241 Posts

It is a project … not something anyone would get road ready in a day or two … the EVO engine is a strong platform and it looks to be a 5 speed tranny … finding someone in your area that is good on EVO's may be a challenge … whoever you do find make sure they are reliable and know what they are doing .. be specific what you want done … don't give them free reigns to do what they think it should be … I can see something like this taking at least 6 months if not more, to do things right … best of luck