Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Decided on some speaker pods for the sidecar

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Decided on some speaker pods for the sidecar

Initially I was to install some 6x9's but they are too big and take up too much space. Disappointed because they would have sounded better than some 5 1/4 speakers.

I'm giving these a try. They are designed to be mounted on a flat surface.

I'll move my Polk 5 1/4's from my fairing to these and then install some 6 1/2's in the faring. I'll be running a Apline 4x100 rms amp for the whole setup. I'll mount the amp under the sidecar seat. What do you think?

Old 02-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Firecap501
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a plan. Who makes those pods you have pictured?

Old 02-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Baffler1
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey abn - been waiting to hear how the raked trees worked out? How much change in the way she handles?

Old 02-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Firecap501
Sounds like a plan. Who makes those pods you have pictured?
They are made by Q-Logic. I'll be giving you a call shortly.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Baffler1
Hey abn - been waiting to hear how the raked trees worked out? How much change in the way she handles?
LOL, I've been dragging my *** on getting her back together. The cold weather hasn't motivated me any since I won't ride anyways.

I had her running today. Just missed hearing the 124" purr. I've got everything done but need to finish the wiring on the amp and to pick up some wire loom for a clean install.

Part of the delay was I ended up converting my forks from the older cartridge style to the newer type. Also installed some Progressive springs.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:15 PM
FLTR2008TRIKE
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I too am looking forward to seeing new pics of your progress

Old 02-16-2009, 08:50 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

go abnmarine! refresh my memory...where did you say you are gonna put those in the sidecar? Sides? Back? Build a dash for the front? They look real nice and putting your amp under the seat sounds like a pretty good idea and won't hinder and storage from the back of the SC seat.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by badinfluence63
go abnmarine! refresh my memory...where did you say you are gonna put those in the sidecar? Sides? Back? Build a dash for the front? They look real nice and putting your amp under the seat sounds like a pretty good idea and won't hinder and storage from the back of the SC seat.
I'm going to mount them on the side either near the top or bottom. It will depend on what provides Momma the most room and also what looks the best.

I'm waiting on the pods to arrive but otherwise finished the install of the amp, triple trees and new fork springs. Just for grins I connected the 6x9 speakers and placed them in the car. The system really rocks! The Alpine amp is a real nice unit too. Covered all of the wires with loom so as to look neat. I'll snap a few pictures for you all to look at.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:20 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Abnmarine
I'm going to mount them on the side either near the top or bottom. It will depend on what provides Momma the most room and also what looks the best.

I'm waiting on the pods to arrive but otherwise finished the install of the amp, triple trees and new fork springs. Just for grins I connected the 6x9 speakers and placed them in the car. The system really rocks! The Alpine amp is a real nice unit too. Covered all of the wires with loom so as to look neat. I'll snap a few pictures for you all to look at.
I bet just under the crook of her knee or between where her mid thigh is and her abdominal area. Your sidecar walls must be very generous. Looking forward to the photos.

Your bike/sc is looking marvelous.

I see the Q logic is for autos/trucks. Did you try looking on

http://www.eglidegoodies.com/id10.html to see if they had anything you could use? Not trying to throw you off track because your selection is very attractive I am just wondering about the clearance width of product versus application.

Last edited by badinfluence63; 02-16-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:33 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

I searched that site but all I saw were pods for tour packs. I wanted something to hug the side of the sidecar. The Q-Logics only stick out a few inches so that should work. Here is a pic of the amp's location. Ignore the speaker wires since they are temporary for my 6x9's right now. This setup rocks a lot better than anything I've had before. 4 channel amp pushing 100 watts rms per channel gets the job done. I now can clearly hear my tunes at highway speed over the 124" motor.

Quick Reply: Decided on some speaker pods for the sidecar