Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

America's Best Trailers

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 04:13 AM
Diesel-Dawg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sembiker
Diesel-Dawg,
I have a Escape Diamond Xl trailer from Jason also. I noticed you state you added lights to your trailer. Did you add Harley lights to the fenders or to the back of the trailer?

2010 Ultra Ltd.
I added additional rear LED brake lights, and multiple side marker red and amber lights to each side. It lights up like a Christmas tree and sure is bright...which is good. Just got back from pulling it on a 1500 mile trip. Pulls exceptionally well and straight as an arrow. Pulled it on I95 at speeds up to 85 mph and just great.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:38 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 324 Likes on 222 Posts

Before you jump to hard on Rustypan listen to this and it isn't my first post. I ordered the escape dog trailer they have on ebay but I ordered from ABT took an extra 2 weeks to get here supposedly because they had to build it. Well when it got here was completely wrong first it is supposed to have a solar fan on top and a hatch with a door that opens, it didn't supposed to come with cooler and cooler cover, it didn't they come with a rear door that opens to the side so you can load your dog into it(and this is what really pissed me off) the way they constructed the door was to take a regular trailer and you can tell that with a die grinder they cut the back off of the trailer threw a piano hinge on one side and 2 stupid cabinet locks on the other side for locks(that don't work at all) when you open the door it sags way bad because they didn't support the walls at all. When you hook up the lights nothing works correct that's why I have a thread about brake light hook up because nothing was wired correct. So far I am not impressed with the trailer or customer service. I have talked with Mark their C S man once but I put in 2 calls and an email yesterday and no return call.
I can see that if this wasn't a dog trailer it would be great but I ordered the Dog Kennel Trailer and got a Mickey Mouse something.
I am trying to work with the Company because this wasn't some cheap HF trailer I bought so I am hoping Jason will make it right but I wanted you all to know that not every trailer buying experience from them is a good one.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Marks RK
Stage III

Americas Best Trailers are crooks. They go by 3 diff company names and dont deliver what they promise. Call any of the other trailers companies, bush tec, americican legend etc and ask them about Jason. Its not even his real name I am told. He stole the designs of their trailers. Look for yourself.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:30 PM
rotcart
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I purchased one of Americas Best Trailers May of 2011. I picked it up at their shop in Greenville SC and started back to Canada. I had to stop about two hours into the trip home and tighten the tire nuts and found one had gone missing, I replaced it and tightened the others. That part of the trip went well.
When I got home I noticed that the tires were bald. I called a local trailer manufacturer and he looked at the trailer determining that the wheels were two inches out from the front to the back of the tires. I sent photos back and the estimate to Jason at Americas Best Trailers and explained to him the situation and he agreed with me having the trailer repaired in Canada was more efficient than shipping it back to Greenville SC.
Jason said that he would repay me the money that was spent as he considered it to be warranty work. It took four months to get the first half of the money spent and he after numerous emails and phone calls Jason still has not sent the other half of the money. At least I am only out $150. It has been over a year now. Just be careful dealing with them.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:34 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by santajim
Before you jump to hard on Rustypan listen to this and it isn't my first post. I ordered the escape dog trailer they have on ebay but I ordered from ABT took an extra 2 weeks to get here supposedly because they had to build it. Well when it got here was completely wrong first it is supposed to have a solar fan on top and a hatch with a door that opens, it didn't supposed to come with cooler and cooler cover, it didn't they come with a rear door that opens to the side so you can load your dog into it(and this is what really pissed me off) the way they constructed the door was to take a regular trailer and you can tell that with a die grinder they cut the back off of the trailer threw a piano hinge on one side and 2 stupid cabinet locks on the other side for locks(that don't work at all) when you open the door it sags way bad because they didn't support the walls at all. When you hook up the lights nothing works correct that's why I have a thread about brake light hook up because nothing was wired correct. So far I am not impressed with the trailer or customer service. I have talked with Mark their C S man once but I put in 2 calls and an email yesterday and no return call.
I can see that if this wasn't a dog trailer it would be great but I ordered the Dog Kennel Trailer and got a Mickey Mouse something.
I am trying to work with the Company because this wasn't some cheap HF trailer I bought so I am hoping Jason will make it right but I wanted you all to know that not every trailer buying experience from them is a good one.
After I put a lot of time and effort into my ABT it finally came out pretty good. Just got back from a 2500 mile trip up to Reno across to Eureka Ca, down the Pacific Coast Highway(1) to Santa Barbara and back to Phoenix with a ton of gear and my 2 dogs (they rode very comfortable even in the heat) and the trailer handled great here are a few pics.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:50 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 64 Posts

The little white dog looks kinda road sick!

Old 07-10-2012, 07:38 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

No she 's just older and was asleep when I took her out she did fine the whole trip.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:55 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Real odd that you would post the first time, and on top of that already speak of buying one of these "America's Best Trailers". Sounds like complete BS to me...
BTW; I looked on ebay and could not find anything for "America's Best Trailers ".
Some people.....
Oh and you know what "they say" "if it seems to good to be true" "then it probably is".
try searching for "Americas best pull behind motorcycle trailer" or look for ebay seller: americasbesttrailers

Old 07-15-2012, 03:11 PM
cote_j
Stage II
Default Not a Honest buisness.

I purchased an Escalade brand trailer from ABT which has been a big mistake. It came with a 5 year warranty and a money back guarantee.
I could never get Jason to return my calls but I did talk with Daniel on his cell phone and Debbie on the buisness line and was given the run around every time I called. My wife and I picked out the trailer we wanted in person but when we went to pick it up Daniel would not give us the trailer we picked and offered another trailer for the same cash price. When we got it home 2 hrs. later I found loose lug nuts, missing suspension bolts, wheel bearings without lube, compartment doors that will not seal and do not fit, tail light housing was loose, hitch (latch had been compressed) and had to be forced onto the tow ball and forced off, rubber seal taped on and not glued on, interior light would not come on (bad switch) fiberglass would not take paint. Daniel would not honor the warranty or money back guarantee. BEWARE: ABT, Towblazer, USA trailers are located at 1434 Poinsett Hwy Greenville, SC. 29609

Old 07-16-2012, 04:32 AM
DANNER55
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why did you accept it if you picked it up at the dealer? I always pay with a credit card so I have some recourse! Did you research this company before buying it? I have an N-line & American Legend trailers & they are great trailers & both american made!

Good luck with trying to get this problem corrected!

Quick Reply: America's Best Trailers