Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Woods TW 6-6 cam specs.

Old 08-16-2010, 03:44 PM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Woods TW 6-6 cam specs.

here are the specs on woods tw6-6 cams. intake is listed first then exhaust. timing at .053. open-20,42; close-40,18; lift-.510,.510; duration-240,240; centerline-100,102; tdc lift-.191,.173

Old 08-16-2010, 05:47 PM
CRBandit
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been looking at various cams and had been leaning toward the Woods TW 6-6 then someone suggested the Woods TW 7H. Does anyone have any knowledge on which is the better cam for the TG and why? Thanks.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Joe477
Tourer

Originally Posted by CRBandit
I've been looking at various cams and had been leaning toward the Woods TW 6-6 then someone suggested the Woods TW 7H. Does anyone have any knowledge on which is the better cam for the TG and why? Thanks.

Call Bob Wood at Wood Performance. He is a great resource and will set you up with exactly what you need.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:18 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

I talked to Bob Wood a month ago concerning the best cam for the Triglide and he recomended the TW6-6. Funny thing is he also said the gearing wasn't worth a crap and the trans pulley should be changed to a 30, guess the MoCo must have talked to Bob also.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:19 AM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Drop Ins

Originally Posted by CRBandit
I don't believe that one is a drop in, springs minimum and list for the 110 or SE Heads. Would require going a little farther for a correct installation.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:53 AM
CRBandit
Cruiser

Originally Posted by coupe55
I don't believe that one is a drop in, springs minimum and list for the 110 or SE Heads. Would require going a little farther for a correct installation.
Thanks Coupe. That's what I wanted to know. I guess I'll just stay with the TW 6-6 since that has been recommended by Bob Woods for the TG. Thanks also to msocko3.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:10 AM
coupe55
Club Member
Default The Gear

Originally Posted by msocko3
I talked to Bob Wood a month ago concerning the best cam for the Triglide and he recomended the TW6-6. Funny thing is he also said the gearing wasn't worth a crap and the trans pulley should be changed to a 30, guess the MoCo must have talked to Bob also.
Have we give up on the gear change or are we still researching! I know it's early yet but was wondering if anyone had found out how involved that change over would be. Since I am not going to do the cams until winter I've got a little time to see which way I want to go.

Still getting feedback on the W-6-6, some say it helps, some are not so impressed. I would hate to think we would have to do both to get these dogs off the line a little better and a usable 6th gear.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:17 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Originally Posted by coupe55
Have we give up on the gear change or are we still researching! I know it's early yet but was wondering if anyone had found out how involved that change over would be. Since I am not going to do the cams until winter I've got a little time to see which way I want to go.

Still getting feedback on the W-6-6, some say it helps, some are not so impressed. I would hate to think we would have to do both to get these dogs off the line a little better and a usable 6th gear.
I was told by one aftermarket rep that his company is making a gear change kit for the TG. He wouldn't elaborate when it would be available and they needed to do further testing. Sorry, I can't divulge who at this time.

Either you can go in and DIY it or wait on the R&D by others. Either way doesn't help much right now.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:28 AM
coupe55
Club Member
Default Time is on my side

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
I was told by one aftermarket rep that his company is making a gear change kit for the TG. He wouldn't elaborate when it would be available and they needed to do further testing. Sorry, I can't divulge who at this time.

Either you can go in and DIY it or wait on the R&D by others. Either way doesn't help much right now.
Thanks Wiz, what would we do without our aftermarket people? I jumped to early on the Jagg 10 cooler and the Ultra come out. I will wait until the gear thing settles down. Have got the main culpret "the heat" taken car of will get started on the peformance this winter.

Kinda figured you guys were keeping abreast of the trans gear change out!

Old 08-17-2010, 05:13 PM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i have 30t pulley ordered and gaskets, already have tools. ordered last week so should be here soon , will let everyone know outcome after install but think its going to be same as was on my '07 RK/Hack. it takes same parts just dont need to change belt(i hope on no belt change). im running 3k rpm @70 mph 6th gear same as was reported on '11 tri

Last edited by icebite1; 08-17-2010 at 05:16 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Woods TW 6-6 cam specs.