Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Carrying Pets

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 11:17 AM
beebe
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carrying Pets

Does anyone have a pet carrier on their trikes? If you do what brand and how safe is it ? We have two jack russells we would like to take with us.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:25 PM
FLTR2008TRIKE
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Heres a suggestion I saw on Kuryakyn's website>> http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/3904/Pet-Palace

Old 05-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 601 Likes on 324 Posts

Here is a picture of a customer of ours from Atlanta,he travels all over with this dog..We dressed up this carrier for him,which he bought out of Canada..To me the carrier was nothing more than a leather Hat Box,with a Harness attachment for his dog..

Old 05-22-2011, 05:36 PM
zoood
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by beebe
Does anyone have a pet carrier on their trikes? If you do what brand and how safe is it ? We have two jack russells we would like to take with us.
How ever you carry them. Make sure to get them eye protection. Google doggles. Thats where I got my lab his goggles. Also. Just having em sit on the seat or whatever isnt. enough. They will want to lay down. Make sure they have shade to do so and carry plenty of water for them too.
Back when mine was a pup/ I used a plastic milk crate. I put a chain in the floor and made it the length that he could sit up and even stand. But dont make it so long that they can get their paws (nails) on your paint job. If you use the crate idea. That will have plenty of ventilation. I also put that black Styrofoam pipe insulation on the edges on the top so if he hit his jaw on the crate from a bump he wouldnt get harmed.

Since then my lab is 85 lbs now and still loves to ride. I modified the trailer I pull with my trike so he can again ride with me.

Video

zoood

Old 05-22-2011, 07:14 PM
beebe
6th Gear

Thanks for the cool ideas. I really like the trailer since I have two dogs. Something likes that would be perfect for them. Just need to talk hubby into the cost of something like that.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:12 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Look at Waggs trailer. Build for Pets

Old 05-23-2011, 06:27 AM
woodworking1
Road Master

Not flaming but I think it is dangerous as hell to carry a pet on a bike! How dos it feel to have a big dog moving around on the back. What if they decide something on the side of the road is more important? What if they have to go to the bathroom?
And I'm gonna say it! You big burly biker guys with these little dogs on your bikes look kinda gay. Yeah, I said it! Ok, maybe that is flaming but I'm just sayin. Just my opinion!
John

Old 05-23-2011, 09:20 AM
zoood
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by woodworking1
Not flaming but I think it is dangerous as hell to carry a pet on a bike! How dos it feel to have a big dog moving around on the back. What if they decide something on the side of the road is more important? What if they have to go to the bathroom?
And I'm gonna say it! You big burly biker guys with these little dogs on your bikes look kinda gay. Yeah, I said it! Ok, maybe that is flaming but I'm just sayin. Just my opinion!
John
There's a few reasons I take my lab.
1. When we go camping out where no one is. The dog will let me know if somethings around way before I can pull out a throw-a-way.
2. My dog is like a member of my family.
3. I had installed an anti sway bar on my trailer. he can go nuts all he wants and it wont sway!
4. The length of his chain in there keeps him from standing on only his back legs.
5. If he has to go. I stop at different times. My ol lady's bladder isnt conditioned like mine is from my beer drinking days. So I stop. If he goes in there. Then I just throw the crap out. Probably at someone like you. There I said it. Im entitled to my opinion too.

To each there own

zoood

Old 05-23-2011, 11:15 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zoood
There's a few reasons I take my lab.
1. When we go camping out where no one is. The dog will let me know if somethings around way before I can pull out a throw-a-way.
2. My dog is like a member of my family.
3. I had installed an anti sway bar on my trailer. he can go nuts all he wants and it wont sway!
4. The length of his chain in there keeps him from standing on only his back legs.
5. If he has to go. I stop at different times. My ol lady's bladder isnt conditioned like mine is from my beer drinking days. So I stop. If he goes in there. Then I just throw the crap out. Probably at someone like you. There I said it. Im entitled to my opinion too.

To each there own

zoood
Now you aren't being very nice. See you in MV.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:24 PM
zoood
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
Now you aren't being very nice. See you in MV.
it was an honest opinion, just like his.

Quick Reply: Carrying Pets