Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Hacked, Conversions and Trailering (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/hacked-conversions-and-trailering-100/)
-   -   N-Line trailer (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/hacked-conversions-and-trailering/682576-n-line-trailer.html)

pauletich 08-30-2011 07:56 AM

N-Line trailer

Does anyone have a N-Line trailer? If so, how do you like it? Does it ride well?

wuzfuz 08-30-2011 09:04 AM

I have one and have no complaints. They track so good you never know it's there. I rode very hard on a rough and twisty Missouri black top this week-end and it was never an issue. As a matter of fact I followed a friend with one and it never once bounced around from his track. They can't run off the side of the road like a two wheeled trailer and have a very low center of gravity. The load cap. is only 100# so you need to pack light but the performance and safety aspect over shadow this. Pack light and enjoy the ride!
Customer service is #1, I bought used and Dave treated me like He sold it to me new when I purchased the hitch, witch swivels with the bike to enhance stability. At least 9 other guys I ride with have them and can think of no problems.
They are also slick looking and draw questions and compliments everywhere.
WUZFUZ

oldguy1946 08-30-2011 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by wuzfuz (Post 8758119)
I have one and have no complaints. They track so good you never know it's there. I rode very hard on a rough and twisty Missouri black top this week-end and it was never an issue. As a matter of fact I followed a friend with one and it never once bounced around from his track. They can't run off the side of the road like a two wheeled trailer and have a very low center of gravity. The load cap. is only 100# so you need to pack light but the performance and safety aspect over shadow this. Pack light and enjoy the ride!
Customer service is #1, I bought used and Dave treated me like He sold it to me new when I purchased the hitch, witch swivels with the bike to enhance stability. At least 9 other guys I ride with have them and can think of no problems.
They are also slick looking and draw questions and compliments everywhere.
WUZFUZ

I also have one and agree with everything Wuzfuz said. 100 lb may not sound like alot but I have filled it completely full with everything I wanted to take and didn't have to leave anything behind. The contents only weighed 86lb. I pack a polar bear 24 bottle canvas cooler that keeps Ice for 4 days in 90 degree heat since there is no place on the trailer for a hard cooler.

Rocketman69 08-30-2011 09:56 AM

I bought one used from another forum member a few months ago, and LOVE it. Everything stated above is true. The reason for the 100# capacity is that everything you add to the trailer, is adding tongue weight to your hitch. But the way this trailer hauls and handles makes up for any limit in capacity. I took it with me to Sturgis from Kansas City via Estes Park, CO and probably had it loaded heavier than I should have. I had a big tent, sleeping bag, camp pillows, two Coleman camp chairs, a big Coleman cooler, garment bag, full face helmet, air mattress & pump, and various other items in it, and it still handled great. Be prepared to be stopped for questions every time you stop for fuel though. People are fascinated by it.

leeinmemphis 08-30-2011 10:18 AM

I ordered one last week and it is suppose to ship tomorrow. I can't wait to get mine. :)

zoood 08-31-2011 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by pauletich (Post 8757819)
Does anyone have a N-Line trailer? If so, how do you like it? Does it ride well?

A while back I was looking into the N-line. But there's a couple reasons I chose different.
1. If your bike falls over. The trailer falls with it.
2. A friend of mine had one. Make absolutely sure that the hatch is latched. His wasn't and when riding down the road. The latch is in the front of the trailer and the wind lifted it. The force of the wind ripped the lid off and that flew into a cager's windshield.

I also didnt care for the fact that it's basically designed with the same concept as a wheel barrow. If the wheel was mounted more in the center of the pay-load. That in MHO would be better at not adding so much tongue weight. The tire would get more weight on that, instead of the tongue.

A good point about it. Is that it's as wide as your scoot and at an event you can fit through paths that a two wheeled trailer won't.

RJ

palmer_md 04-12-2013 06:49 PM

This post has been removed for the following violations of HD Forums rules:

A. You are not allowed to post any sort of ad until you have 5 posts and have been a member for over 30 days.
B. Ads can only be placed in the Classified section, not in the general forums.

In addition, no one can send you a PM because you haven't been here long enough or have enough posts.

madmustang4 04-18-2013 03:36 PM

I looked at Nline and other single wheels and opted to go a different direction. On single wheels there is a percentage of the load weight that is transfered to the hitch. I can't remember what the ratio is for the N Line. On some it was pretty significant. If the bike should go over the N Line goes with it, not the case on others.
I just never got comfortable with the way it looked (like a coffin) but thats just me.

gwellis 01-18-2015 09:57 AM

I have an N line and have put thousands of miles on it. One thing not mentioned is what little effect it has on your fuel mileage. I rode with a friend through the Canadian Rockies. He was on a bone stock 2003 Ultra, I was on a bone stock 2003 Road Glide. I was pulling my N Line and he was pulling nothing. I beat him every single time at the pumps. He has a Bushtek and did not bring it on the trip because it kills his mileage. (30mpg).
He told me I that there was no way I would get good mileage pulling my trailer. He was very upset with the results! I would buy another one if I ever needed another trailer!!

dirtdobber 01-20-2015 09:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You should lock the lid no matter what trailer you have. It's one of those things you need to think about.
I have a generic n line. I really like mine. You can't make em bounce because of the suspension.
I usually use it mainly for the trike. I can tell you you really don't know it's there. I have to look going through the curves to make sure it is still there.
100 lbs is a lot of storage. Just load the heavier things in the back by the wheel or in the bike saddle bags.
I got it for my hot rod trike that has no storage. Works great for that.
Attachment 561729