Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Tle mount flex

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 07:06 AM
Foodog2
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tle mount flex

I put this on sidecar.com too but thought I would ask here.I know the HD frame flexes like a torsion bar, but riding the twisties today I noticed it is really flexy. Maybe it's always been that way but I don't know. I bet there is enough flex for a degree or two of lean out. With it sitting level in the garage I can step on the floorboards and lean the bike out and it stays leaned out. To the right I think the lower fairing stops it because it touches. All the bolts are tight and I can't figure if it's normal or not. I recently took the car off because there were way too many threads showing on the toe adjustments per the tech manual so I starter from scratch. I set lean at 1 out loaded and 3/4 toe and have the car wheel within .25 deg of perpendicular. Pulls a little left as slow speed or coasting but drag could do that. I will say it drives better that it has since I bought it after the adjustment.