Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

American trike warning

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 01:37 AM
Nikaem
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default American trike warning (new name new people)

I will try to be as positive about this as I can.
please keep in mind I live about 600 miles north of Seatle Washington
Has anyone ever dealt with Sam Camp at American trike? Well I did and it was a farce. First there was all the research deciding on the kit for the wife's bike. We decided on an American trike kit but there is no dealer close to us. So we found a dealer willing to do the work for us 7.5 hours away. Drove down and made all the arrangements with a tech who has done a couple conversions. Looked at the kit instructions on line figured 20 hours. So drove back home got on the computer. Found the phone number and call American trike to order the kit all okay. Well now the fun starts. I have to tear the rear end of the bike apart send the drive pulley and the swing arm to them to build it in to the kit. My cost on the shipping okay I get that. Then we ask to have all the spindles and A arms to be powder coated purple to match the bike. What color purple well it is 2012 deep purple smoothy so I get the color examples 2 of them grape NOS energy drink can, next duplo-color metal cast purple. Yes we pay the extra for the powder coating. And we wait. Then we get an e-mail that Sam had to pay the shipping in advance the shipping company he chose would no bring it from the boarder do me collect. Okay we get a call come to the depot and pick it up. YAHOO we are super excited go down an pick it up bring it home tear into it like Christmas. That is when excitement turns to anger. The kit is damaged and parts are missing worst of all the powder coat is some kind of **** applied by a 2 year old with a paint brush and the color is completely %%&& wrong. So I take a bunch of pictures. Get on the phone and call Sam he says he will take it up with the shipper. Ok I will see where that goes. We wait some more at this point all I have is a pile of **** sure it is really expensive ****. So I get pissed off waiting and contact the shipper directly and **** them off. Suddenly I get a call from Sam giving me **** for contacting the shipper. So he starts in on me that I owe him for the shipping. But I have a bike I cannot return to a bike cause the swing arm was cut and welded into the trike kit and the kit is missing parts so I cannot get it installed also the **** paint what about that. Sam tells me he is going to send the missing parts and remedy the powder coat. So I get a call from my local UPS affiliate to come pick up a package I think great all is well in the world. I pay the shipping and all related duties open it and no powder coated parts. Send an e-mail more bull that he will be sending the parts. So I wait more time. Finally I try calling no answer so e-mail, several weeks latter I get a response he is having family medical issues oh that sucks, so I give him more time. Try calling nothing try e-mail nothing. Now I can wait no longer I take the kit apart and get RCJ Powder Coating of Prince George to redo the **** paint and son of a bitch it is the correct color only cost me an extra grand. So the way I see it Sam is out 640.00 and I am out 1000.00 so I guess it is a wash. if I ever do another conversion I will pay the additional money for a Mystery Designs kit.

Last edited by Nikaem; 10-31-2015 at 02:00 PM. Reason: new information
Old 10-28-2014, 11:16 PM
FLGEEZ
Road Master

Bad Customer service is one of the worst things about business. None of us begin a contract or transaction with an intent to deceive and gain from bad actions; if we all omit those who stiff restaurants over "bad meals".

Vendors, business owners, etal. .......

Great product and great service may get you some word of mouth referrals.
Bad product or service will get you more word of mouth 'de-ferrals' than you might want.

I've had my share of "WTF" with HD dealers, aftermarket suppliers, even Auto dealership service.

In the Military we used to say it takes 4,000 'Atta-boys' to cover up 1 'Ah-sh*t'.

If you spend your money, you bought a voice in the business; good voice or voice bad.
That is usually up to them.

Last edited by FLGEEZ; 10-28-2014 at 11:19 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:35 AM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,254 Likes on 11,139 Posts

Consider the beauty of paragraphs, and the return key on your keyboard. So many sentences in one paragraph makes it really hard to read.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:37 PM
FLGEEZ
Road Master

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
Consider the beauty of paragraphs, and the return key on your keyboard. So many sentences in one paragraph makes it really hard to read.
Nice observance

Old 11-08-2014, 07:18 PM
Nikaem
Advanced

well I guess I should have been more careful with the grammar. In the future I will be very careful with sentence and paragraph structure. my bad. I sucked in English class in high school also.

Old 11-16-2014, 11:48 AM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Yep, you do not want to be attacked by the Grammar ***** again!

Old 12-06-2014, 06:48 AM
White Knight 04
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Beemervet
Yep, you do not want to be attacked by the Grammar ***** again!
**** I was able to read it with no problems !!! Don't ya just hate Grammar ***** ???

Old 01-22-2015, 02:01 AM
FLGEEZ
Road Master

QUOTE=Whi.te Knight 04;13474450]**** I was able to read it with no problems !!! Don't ya just hate Grammar ***** ???[/QUOTE]

Not as much as vendor Pals. JMHO. Or as one says. If you have a dog in the race, put your money on your Dog. Otherwise, comment, don't criticize for self indulgence. Debate if you will.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:09 AM
HrdNox
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Sorry to hear about you luck.Glad to hear it worked out for the most part.
As far as the grammer police go..Im guessin they have a nagging ol'lady at the house.

Old 02-24-2015, 10:53 AM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 393 Likes on 335 Posts

ah, I got crap eyes...spacing and capitalization help to read through...I'm old. Not so much a grammar issue- but readability

OP, Sorry to hear of this and thanks for sharing.

One of the Premier trike conversions in in Alberta- wondering why you didn't go there 1st.

I hope you end up with the result you want.

Mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 02-24-2015 at 10:56 AM.

Quick Reply: American trike warning