To the Lady Street Riders out there...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 02:47 PM
Ycbrewster
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Irie1
I agree. This bike is fun to ride!

Couldn't agree more, Molly. I am having so much fun on this bike. Have you come over to the Queens of the Road forum, yet? Would love to have you there, too.

Old 02-01-2016, 11:24 PM
Nickatnyt
Road Warrior
Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts

That looks pretty boss in Velocity Red (same color as my '16 Road King).

Originally Posted by Cruzin750

Old 02-02-2016, 04:35 AM
Ycbrewster
Road Captain

I love it in the red, too. I have vivid black. My dealer only had the red in the 500 and I wanted the 750. The vivid black is growing on me, I just always pictured me with a red bike. Most of those I ride with have black bikes, so that's cool.

Old 02-02-2016, 09:00 AM
Irie1
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been on here for years, under my hubby's log in. Finally decided to get my own when I started expressing opinions instead of just making observations. Lol

I check out the QOTR occasionally.

Old 02-13-2016, 08:31 PM
traffic jam
Road Warrior
Received 691 Likes on 303 Posts

Originally Posted by Ycbrewster
How did you like the Savage 650? I seriously considered this one. Ideal bike for the vertically challenged.
Sorry Brewster, I didn't see this. I have to say I loved my Savage 650 - I rode it all over the state of Ohio following my friend on her Harley Fat Boy and had no problems keeping up. Its just a great riding, fun bike. After I got my sportsters I kept it because it was so much fun for local riding, plus I'd let friends use it to ride with if their bikes were out of commission. I traded it in last fall when I found an older 2005 dyna low rider that actually fit me. I was very sad to see it go, but hopefully someone else will enjoy it as much as I did for several years. So now I have my sportster 48 and the dyna.

But, with your Street, I don't really see the need for the Savage. If you do decided to go bigger someday check out the sportster 48 model. Out of all of the sporties, I think this one fits smaller people the best. I did put mini-apes on it after many miles of riding, deciding I like sitting up better, and I put a larger tank on it because I was riding it long distances out in the rural countryside where there were no gas stations.

I'm glad to see you are loving your street! I think when people learn to ride on smaller bikes, it makes a huge difference because you really learn how to ride - to shift, corner, stop quickly, etc. I know after almost two seasons on my Rebel, I really learned to ride and feel much more confident on larger bikes. The smaller bike gave a wonderful foundation which is what it seems like the Street is doing for you. Glad you're lovin' it!

Old 02-16-2016, 10:15 AM
Ycbrewster
Road Captain

The Street 750 checks off so many boxes on my list, but I still think about my other considerations...the Vulcan 500, the Savage 650. I'm a scooter girl, too. I didn't give up my Morphous 250 and still use it during the week for city riding. Still look at other scooters, too...a Kymco Downtown, a Honda Forza. My son thinks I have a problem. He might be right...

Old 02-16-2016, 10:25 AM
Ycbrewster
Road Captain

Originally Posted by traffic jam

But, with your Street, I don't really see the need for the Savage. If you do decided to go bigger someday check out the sportster 48 model. Out of all of the sporties, I think this one fits smaller people the best.
I actually had a 2000 Custom that fit me nicely, but I traded it in. I should have just bit the bullet on what I wanted to begin with, but I bought used not wanting to spend the money. Tried it a couple of months and then traded it in at a loss. No regrets though, it's the first time I actually did what I really wanted, and I don't think I would have done it had a not gotten the used Sportster first. I love Sportsters, I just didn't care for that much weight.You're right, it does make a difference when learning to start small. I think it will be a while before I outgrow the Street though, it checked so many boxes on my wish list and it keeps up with the others so nicely. It's small, but not too small!

Old 02-25-2016, 08:45 PM
traffic jam
Road Warrior
Received 691 Likes on 303 Posts

Its all about Fun!!! Stick with what makes you happy. I think the Street was a great idea and glad to see you're happy with it. I had a 883 superlow. For some reason, I always felt like I was going to fall over on that bike - it was the weirdest thing. I traded for my 48. Love this bike Just love it, I will always keep it.

Old 09-03-2016, 10:15 AM
Old Dave
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another guys perspective...
I"m a little, old, "Smurf" who's ridden drag bikes, dirt bikes, Kawi triples, Honda fours, and a few big cruisers. Every bike has its purpose. As we used to say , when I was in the car business, "There's a butt for every seat, and a seat for every butt."
Don't let anyone tell you that the 750 is a "Starter bike, and you'll want a bigger one someday". I have Some old friends who are very happy with their 883 Sportsters and wouldn't ride a Dyna or a Glide for anything.
The "Big" Harley owners scoff at the folks on 883's so I'll bet that they have nothing but derision in their mindset about the Street models. Too bad. Ask them when they last saw a twin cam on the flat tracks or the road racing circuit.
I'd like to see a meet up group with Street owners (Yes, including guys too), so we don't have to be looked down on by the HOG folks.
BTW - I have a buddy who got one of the first V-Rods, and he was told that his bike "wasn't really a Harley", so we (Street riders) aren't alone.

The following users liked this post:
Ycbrewster (09-03-2016)
Old 09-03-2016, 10:22 PM
Ycbrewster
Road Captain

Thanks, Old Dave. For the record, since this past post, my guy talked me into doing the whole power package (Bassani, V&H Air Intake, Dyna Jet Powervision) when I wanted to get a slip-on exhaust. Now it really does feel like a bike I will not outgrow any time soon. She has so much power now. I've made other changes, too, to make her my own: a Mustang touring seat, lowered shocks, etc. She fits me so nicely, we are finally as one. We leave for our first major road trip at the end of this month. Stay tuned...

Quick Reply: To the Lady Street Riders out there...