Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 08:28 AM
fatty11
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jedz123
Man When you say SR all I can think of is my buddies REAL SR:

Awesome bike BTW.

I couldn't remove those tubes... I'm pretty sure the next rain storm I would have some serious issues... I got stuck in a Nasty T-Storm last nigh on a ride and I was thinking if I removed the snorkels... Well They don't call them Snorkels for nuthin.

Interested to see how it turns out for you. Thanks for the info.

Yes that is a concern. I ride but not nearly as much as you do. But I don't ride much in the rain when I can keep from it but I have been caught in the some storm here in Oklahoma. I thought about a rain screen for it for the rain.

Old 07-28-2017, 01:31 PM
Jedz123
Cruiser
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

Man You bike looks awesome!!! Mine looks so bad right now, every time I clean it, it pours and the bike looks like crap... I have just given up and just ride it as is... :/

Where did you get the pipe? I haven't purchased an expensive can for mine, I use an old Yammy R6 D&D for it's very light and high flow (not to mention nearly free in cost). If I keep the bike long term the whole exhaust system will be swapped out with something that doesn't exit under my right foot.

I need to see a some general effort from Harley though to get us some aftermarket goodies...

Old 08-01-2017, 11:03 PM
AKC
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Used to have an SR... (sigh) Sold it to a buddy who turned it into a flat-tracker.

I see you also changed out the stock mirrors. I'm really liking the Jokers on mine.

I thought that element had a K&N look to it, just not "pink-oiled" and all. That may be why K&N hasn't come out with a replacement yet.

Unfortunately, we all got in on the ground floor on this one. Usually takes a year or so for the aftermarket to catch up. I think a lot of vendors are holding their breath and waiting to see how well this one takes off before they dump a bunch of capital into R&D, tooling, etc...

Best thing we all can do is get out there with it and get interest up...

Last edited by AKC; 08-01-2017 at 11:06 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:39 AM
Dennis Lett
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I thought he was talking about this Street Rod...

More impressive performance, lots of ACs for that Street Rod.

Old 08-02-2017, 05:37 AM
Jedz123
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Dennis Lett
I thought he was talking about this Street Rod...

More impressive performance, lots of ACs for that Street Rod.
What a handling dog... God I could never ride one of those things... I've ridden one and my Street-Rod would eat in the twisities...
It's a Cruiser... Felt like my VTX1800 when I rode it (Which I sold after nearly killing my self on a low slide).
If it has poor turn in and grinds pegs around a turn at advisory speeds, it's not performance oriented...

Last edited by Jedz123; 08-02-2017 at 05:43 AM.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:08 AM
Dennis Lett
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

What a handling dog... God I could never ride one of those things... I've ridden one and my Street-Rod would eat in the twisities...
It's a Cruiser... Felt like my VTX1800 when I rode it (Which I sold after nearly killing my self on a low slide).
If it has poor turn in and grinds pegs around a turn at advisory speeds, it's not performance oriented...
It is in a straight line. Lol

But seriously, it's a muscle cruiser. You'll kill yourself on any muscle cruiser if you try to ride it like a sport bike.

Old 08-02-2017, 06:21 AM
Jedz123
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Dennis Lett
It is in a straight line. Lol

But seriously, it's a muscle cruiser. You'll kill yourself on any muscle cruiser if you try to ride it like a sport bike.
I'll Give it that! Straight line it does pretty well.

I learned that the hard way. I can honesty say if I didn't have the experience of how to get out of a low slide, I would have hurt myself bad.

I gave the cruiser thing an honest go, I will likely not own one in the near future.

I just wish they put that kind of power in a smaller better handling XG... It's doable and ethical, the Japanese and Italians have been doing it for decades now... It's what I want to buy!

Old 08-07-2017, 08:41 PM
fatty11
Intermediate

Man You bike looks awesome!!! Mine looks so bad right now, every time I clean it, it pours and the bike looks like crap... I have just given up and just ride it as is... :/

Where did you get the pipe? I haven't purchased an expensive can for mine, I use an old Yammy R6 D&D for it's very light and high flow (not to mention nearly free in cost). If I keep the bike long term the whole exhaust system will be swapped out with something that doesn't exit under my right foot.

I need to see a some general effort from Harley though to get us some aftermarket goodies...
It has been a very frustrating week for me in the computer world. My bike on the other hand is running like a banshee..... I'd like to upload A video but I just can't seem to get it uploaded to YouTube. Thank you very much, on my bike. I like how you've done the fender delete. I am trying to upload a video of me making a run on my favorite road here in Oklahoma. I did remove the snorkels out of my air cleaner then I did a canned tune on my bike. I've been having so much fun on it I haven't done a smart tune which I am told makes it run much better.

Old 08-10-2017, 04:37 PM
fatty11
Intermediate

A video I shot after doing the Air cleaner mod and Stage 1. It seems that it has more low end. And the top end will get me to 120 MPH when before it struggled very hard to get me there(I'm a big boy at 230lbs). The programmer has a smart tune option but I haven't taken the time to do a recorded ride they say it will run even better than the canned tune I'm running now..

Old 08-18-2017, 03:55 PM
Søren Rix Petersen
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

the video doesn´t show what you did in the A/C
any pictures???

regards
Sören

Quick Reply: Air Cleaners for the Street Rod