Installing Viking Bags - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Forums

Harley-Davidson Street 500 and 750

Installing Viking Bags

Old 07-17-2018, 04:11 PM
smitty901
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by CanuckEH View Post
Thank you for all your help Smitty. After much cursing, my wife took the bike to Good Times cycle here in Ottawa where even the tech had a headache. No issue retaping the threads, what was a pain in the *** was putting it all through the quick release hardware and that retarded fender spacer. My wife will be constantly checking the bolts as they had to be quite long, however it's on, straight with the quick release hardware/rack. Was not a fun issue for sure. I do not believe Vikings made these with the 2018 Street with quick release hardware regardless of longer bolts and larger size bolts. Any time you take a loc tited bolt out that Harley put it, nothing it seems to quite go back straight. LOL. However done now and does look good.

Cheers
Those bolts will hold I am using those same holes for the upper rear sidecar mount. Have beat the heck out of it and no issues. I hope she enjoys the ride. The Street is fun. You may find down the road the quick detach is more problem than they are worth. Wipe those bags down light once in a while with some protector you should get years of use from them.
PS: if you consider putting a Bassaini muffler on it please reconsider they sound like Crap. Have one hanging on the wall next to the bad idea box.

Last edited by smitty901; 07-17-2018 at 04:13 PM.

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: