Did finding neutral get easier after a while for you? 2017 XG750A Street Rod - Harley Davidson Forums

Go Back  Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Harley-Davidson Street
Reload this Page >

Did finding neutral get easier after a while for you? 2017 XG750A Street Rod

Notices
Harley-Davidson Street 500 and 750

Did finding neutral get easier after a while for you? 2017 XG750A Street Rod

Old 01-07-2019, 08:55 PM
JoseLuis
Default Did finding neutral get easier after a while for you? 2017 XG750A Street Rod

I've had trouble finding neutral on my 2017 Street Rod XG750A since I bought it new recently. I eventually figured out that going to 2nd and then going to neutral is easier than from 1st to neutral but I was wondering if you guys and gals have had finding neutral easier as it breaks-in. Just curious. I am at roughly 800+ miles so far.

Thanks for any responses.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:58 PM
Norcalsvt
One Of The Regulars

For me, yes finding neutral got easier over time. Partially due to practice and partially due to break in.

Old 01-08-2019, 01:59 PM
Pugslycat01

Many people, myself included, have the complaint about neutral being tough to find for the first few thousand miles on these bikes. Mine has 10K miles on it and I still need a few attempts to hit neutral. It doesn't help that the neutral indicator doesn't work very well. I'll often be in neutral with no light right up until my boot hits the shifter again.

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: