Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

New YouTube Harley bash video

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 08:22 AM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,718 Likes on 3,494 Posts

Well at least this thread will up the videos "views" on youtube

Old 09-07-2017, 05:15 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by Sierra977
Harley-Davidson doesn't compete for the same sales dollar with YamaHondaSuziKawa, Harley competes with Rolex, sailboats and private airplanes. Kids never will be in the same market for those.
Hilarious

Old 09-07-2017, 05:39 PM
Just Mike
Road Warrior
Received 3,146 Likes on 992 Posts

I have no evidence to support this, other than observation, but I believe Harley's target demo of "young" riders probably starts at 35. Sure some kids may get a sportster, maybe even a Duma as their first bike, but by and large, most new riders start on an older and smaller foreign bike. At least most of the riders I know.

Harley is still king in the 650cc + cruiser category, mostly because they have very little competition. All that try fall short, and that is mostly due to moco genius marketing. You see it's not just a t shirt, it's a "lifestyle", ride to live - live to ride, and all that happy horse ****. Fact is they have "programmed" that image in to the general population. To the average non rider, it's not that Harley Davidson is a motorcycle, it is motorcycles are Harley Davidsons.

How many people have had or overheard a conversation with a "biker" and non-biker that goes something like this:

"so you ride a motorcycle, is it a harley?"

"no, it's a Honda"

"oh.....well that's cool too right?"

harley has had its ups and downs, low sales and high sales, good times and bad. It has always persevered, and most likely will well after we are all gone, it's as American as apple pie and baseball. Across the board, sales are down, and manufacturers are having trouble attracting younger riders. Let the metrics worry about getting the "kids" in to the fray. When they are ready for the big time, they will make the move to harley.

Metric cruisers have have been light years ahead of Harley's in terms of technology and performance for decades now, yet they still cannot crack the American market share, and likely never will, because Harley has done a tremendous job of branding their product. We've all seen the countless threads telling us how bad the 18's are, yet the people posting still set their **** on a harley, and will for the
most part continue to do so until they no longer can.

Old 09-07-2017, 05:45 PM
JesseDyna
Road Warrior
Received 312 Likes on 228 Posts

I think this is Yammie Noob but his videos are much faster paced and funnier.

This video was narrated like the teacher in Ferris Bueller.

Edit - I gave it 5:55 time. Yawn fest.