Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

Irish riding vid

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 02:42 PM
Nicotine
Intermediate
Received 38 Likes on 4 Posts

Lol No problem, Hope to see you on the road sometime... Might need more info from you on the FP3 when the time come's for the Stage 1

Be good

The following users liked this post:
00wyk (02-12-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 12:48 AM
NTA
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
Thumbs up

Cool videos .

The following users liked this post:
00wyk (02-13-2018)
Old 03-05-2018, 07:24 AM
00wyk
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicotine
Lol No problem, Hope to see you on the road sometime... Might need more info from you on the FP3 when the time come's for the Stage 1

Be good
How are ye gettin on, mang?

I was actually considering taking out my Super Q's and grinding a few more slats into them to open up the sound and fill in the bottom end.
It'll sound better in the vids if nothing else.
Speaking of vids, gonna get her goin again shortly here(soon as this snow melts, crazy!). Gonna try and just get more footage of the Irish landscapes so people outside of these lands can get a good idea of what's here to see. Re-positioning the mic so you can hear the engine better.

Last edited by 00wyk; 03-05-2018 at 07:37 AM.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:44 PM
Nicotine
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 00wyk
How are ye gettin on, mang?

I was actually considering taking out my Super Q's and grinding a few more slats into them to open up the sound and fill in the bottom end.
It'll sound better in the vids if nothing else.
Speaking of vids, gonna get her goin again shortly here(soon as this snow melts, crazy!). Gonna try and just get more footage of the Irish landscapes so people outside of these lands can get a good idea of what's here to see. Re-positioning the mic so you can hear the engine better.

MANG ? LOl

I got the Super Q's sitting by the fire waiting to be installed, I also had some heated grips that needed to be fitted So said I would stick them on first, The grips turned out to be problematic in the sense the throttle sticks open... posted it on here an a couple of people came up with ideas as to what might be causing the prob, I will check it out the weekend as its too dark after work,

Are u talking about blocking the big hole at the side of the S-Q's ?

I been enjoying the sound of the standard baffles so much that I dont feel like changing over to the S-Q's just yet But I cant wait to hear what yours sound like after you attack them, Tell you what Them little holes down the side of the S-Q's are really small and not much metal between them... looks to me like they could rust out very quick In fact mind show signs of rust just sitting by the fire,

To give people a good idea of what the Irish coast is like you will have to do the West and South coast dude... the east coast is Well very east coast'esh lol You need some footage of the wild Atlantic and the storm beaches... Anyways let me know if you trip over this way and I will show you some wicked spots around the west,

Lookin forward to seeing your new videos dude, All the best to you and your's

Old 03-05-2018, 05:40 PM
00wyk
Advanced

Storms? Bah. But I will cruise the SW again sometime this summer I reckon. But this whole country is gorgeous! That's why I live here.

I am gonna remove the baffles, and add another hole about the same size on the other side. See if it mellows them out a bit.

Are you talking about the tiny little holes under the fiberglass? Haven't seen em yet. I assume once your scooter starts to coat them with carbon that they'll be oK. Worse come to worse, ya just remove them.

Old 03-06-2018, 12:27 PM
Nicotine
Intermediate

Yeah the holes under the mat thingy, I take it yours are still on the bike So you could shine a torch in to see them... might be just me being paranoid about them rotting,

Are you heading down to Killarney for the bike festival in June, Never been myself but after watching youtube vids I think its a must for me, Dublin Harley will have a stall there and by the sound of it a few bikes to test ride,

Storms
Yeah I know what you mean, But the storm beaches are a wicked sight on a rough day, Your man Whats his face 'Trump' is building a wall along the beach where the Sea is washing away his golf course in Doonbeg Co Clare... He loves his walls dont he,

Old 03-06-2018, 12:53 PM
00wyk
Advanced

I'll see about the bike fest. I haven't got anything planned yet.

Don't get me started on trump!

Old 03-07-2018, 06:09 PM
JAMES2
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

I didn't see one single pick up truck in the whole vid!

Old 03-08-2018, 04:18 AM
00wyk
Advanced

There's a few in the commuting vid I made where I am lane splitting/filtering. However, in most parts of the world outside of the US, where the lack of country music's influences hasn't seeped in to popular culture, trucks are used for work. Most folks prefer the comfort and efficiency of a small car, and spend their funds on other pursuits.

Here's a pic a friend of mine took back when I was in Texas. I used to haul and install medical equipment:

Old 03-23-2018, 03:43 PM
00wyk
Advanced

OK, so I went a little insane recently. I went to remove the 'super quiet' baffles from the short shots and ended up ripping the *** off of them, leaving the majority of the baffles stuck in the exhaust. I didn't have anything to reach up in there and rip them free, so I took one of those inserts you use to make your car pass noise inspection in Europe, and it fit right inside the existing baffles. So the bike is now wearing two sets of baffles. The crazy thing is I kinda like it. The crazier thing is they idle at about 75dB!!! And at 3K or so, they are only displaying 80dB on my little smart phone thing. Decent sound, tho, but stupid quiet. I was afraid of making a lot of enemies since I live in a very tight neighborhood, but this is a bit mad how quiet it is. If you put in headphones and crank em, that's basically what it sounds like:

Quick Reply: Irish riding vid