Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

Irish riding vid

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 05:33 PM
00wyk
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice work!

Yeah, I was in WIcklow, so saw the rain before I finished breakfast. I ended up taking the car
My faith in MetEirann isn't much, but they really missed the mark this time. We had torrential rain.

Surely someone here knows how to reset your system? My guess is disconnecting the battery?

BTW, you forgot to fire it up right after those baffles came out!

Last edited by 00wyk; 04-11-2018 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:14 PM
Nicotine
Intermediate
Received 38 Likes on 4 Posts

Even my trusted ACCU weather got it wrong, I forgive them because that high wind can turn the tables in a blink, Could do with getting the engine light off just to see if changing the baffle back did the trick,

I did tare the *** off it coming back which could have exasperated the problem... Let me rephrase that 'I took it to the limit'
You are right.. I should have gave it a blast unbaffled but needed to do the tank before going for a test run So time wasn't on my side, Only did the vid to show u what I was on about in earlier post... Since the post where I spoke about making up some kinda hook thingy to get the baffles out I noted things laying around the yard that would do the job So it took less than 10 minutes to put the slide hammer together, The thing is It most likely would never have entered my head to make this if you hadn't shared the problem on here... Little did I know the tool would be needed so soon,

I love having the standard baffles back in, They kinda express my feelings in sound... That might sound strange But when stopped at traffic lights and just playing a little with the throttle It seems the bike could nearly talk to you, Its like a tormented loin doing the heavy breathing bit... I love it, I'm not talking about revving the *** off it Just barely touching the throttle to change the note, The smile is back on my face with these baffles in,

Might have a chat with the owner of a bike shop here to see if he has the thingy to turn the engine light off... He's bound to know someone that can sort it, If it comes back on it will be hitting the road to the dealer again,

If I had only one wish this afternoon It would have been to meet up with the guy that made these Super Quiet baffles.. Then I would stick them both up his hole.

Catch you later dude

Last edited by Nicotine; 04-11-2018 at 07:15 PM.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:34 AM
00wyk
Advanced

New vid. Struggling with the on board mic in the sena, so gonna switch to the attached mic. So, for now, it's just music and scenery. Also, the Sena has **** resolution, so gonna look at other cams.

Old 05-03-2018, 07:28 AM
00wyk
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nicotine
Even my trusted ACCU weather got it wrong, I forgive them because that high wind can turn the tables in a blink, Could do with getting the engine light off just to see if changing the baffle back did the trick,

I did tare the *** off it coming back which could have exasperated the problem... Let me rephrase that 'I took it to the limit'
You are right.. I should have gave it a blast unbaffled but needed to do the tank before going for a test run So time wasn't on my side, Only did the vid to show u what I was on about in earlier post... Since the post where I spoke about making up some kinda hook thingy to get the baffles out I noted things laying around the yard that would do the job So it took less than 10 minutes to put the slide hammer together, The thing is It most likely would never have entered my head to make this if you hadn't shared the problem on here... Little did I know the tool would be needed so soon,

I love having the standard baffles back in, They kinda express my feelings in sound... That might sound strange But when stopped at traffic lights and just playing a little with the throttle It seems the bike could nearly talk to you, Its like a tormented loin doing the heavy breathing bit... I love it, I'm not talking about revving the *** off it Just barely touching the throttle to change the note, The smile is back on my face with these baffles in,

Might have a chat with the owner of a bike shop here to see if he has the thingy to turn the engine light off... He's bound to know someone that can sort it, If it comes back on it will be hitting the road to the dealer again,

If I had only one wish this afternoon It would have been to meet up with the guy that made these Super Quiet baffles.. Then I would stick them both up his hole.

Catch you later dude
I just got my scooter back from the local mechanic. The cam tensioner was about to go. So I had him install new cometic gasket for a little bump in compression(though she felt pretty good in the copression dept before), and added a set of SS509G geared cams from S&S. The intake showed someone had worked on it previously to remove any bumps in the tract. So that was nice. And they do flow well past redline(which is 6200 on my set up now).
Oh, btw, the tensioner shoe cam apart as he removed it. It had less than 25K miles.

Now it is much louder with the same baffles. Much sharper sounding, too. A bit harder to start and a bit more of a lope. It pulls very strong. I have to hold on now. I even went and made sure all the bolts on the clamp and the handlebars were tightened well. This is how they shoulda come from the factory!

I also got a new puter for video and photo editing. SO i'll try and make the next few vids more interesting.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:12 AM
Nicotine
Intermediate
Received 38 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like you have her sorted for the summer, Dont know what year your bike is but seen somewhere that all pre 2006 Dynas have a spring loaded cam thingy that puts too much pressure which causes the plastic pad to wear and break up,

Lucky for you he found it because the bits that come off can block the oil flow to the engine, Looking forward to the next riding vid

forecast looks good for the next few days So planing a ride to the Clare coast for a bit of Pollock fishing from the cliffs tomorrow with the help of Buddha,

Old 05-07-2018, 11:45 AM
00wyk
Advanced

Still in the process of sorting the video thing out. Here's my most recent - mostly takes place up in the WIcklow hills south of DUblin:

Old 05-08-2018, 04:10 AM
00wyk
Advanced

I also put up a vid with the thing idling on the new cams with a new map from FuelMoto:

Old 05-09-2018, 09:43 AM
00wyk
Advanced

Originally Posted by 00wyk
Still in the process of sorting the video thing out. Here's my most recent - mostly takes place up in the WIcklow hills south of DUblin:

https://youtu.be/z6gnH5fDIiE
Sorry, had to change the vid. Also added a bit of music to break it up: