Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

Is Indian Motorcycles better than Harley Davidson's? Indian rider explains the differences.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 12:01 AM
TravelingTall
Cruiser
Received 287 Likes on 100 Posts
Default Video from earlier that day. Street Glide Special Demo at the HD dealership across town.

Originally Posted by IronAss
I decided to watch the video. Nothing more than an Indian promo. Did he do a follow up vid with a Harley employee? I don’t know but I assume if he did, it’s as bias as the one I just watched.
Hello everyone. I was told you can't post the same video twice but since it's in a reply, I wanted to share this with you. As I stated in the video about the Indian Chieftan, it was his opinion of what he thought about Indian Motorcycles and why he chose to ride it over Harley, not mine. If you look at my youtube channel you'll see that I have videos where I ride Harleys, Indians and very soon Goldwings etc. I share my thoughts of what I think about the bikes I demo afterward. I ride a Harley, but I can honestly say that I like all brands of bikes and types, touring, dirt, street, adventure, I like them all. As someone said earlier "ride what you ride" and I totally agree. I enjoy making videos of my demo rides and road trips, and occasionally share them in the forum. I was filming a video at the Harley Dealer across town when I was told that both demo trucks were on the other side of town. When I got there it was to late. The rides just ended and I asked the guy in the video would he share his opinion of the New Chieftan since I didn't get a chance to ride the New 2019. I was filming the 2019s when he approached me and asked what I was doing. I never meet him before that day, but I was gracious that he was willing to give his thoughts about the bike on camera. I rode a 2018 Chieftan about 2 weeks ago, so I wanted to ride a 19 to see the differences. I've yet to ride the 2019 for myself. Lords will I'll get to soon. I am in the market for a new bike, as of now I think it's going to be a Street Glide Special after carefully considering the Road Glide, I still like the Street Glide a little better. It was suggested to me from a subscriber to ride more bikes than just Harleys, so Indian was my first Non Harley bike. Other brands of bikes coming soon, It seems like people really enjoy the test ride videos I plan to ride as many different brands and styles as I can. You can find the other test rides on my youtube channel. 2019 Road Glide CVO video coming soon.
Thank you for watching, check out my youtube channel and subscribe to be alerted for upcoming videos. Have a blessed day.
Traveling Tall

The following users liked this post:
skypeace (10-14-2018)
Old 10-12-2018, 03:18 AM
gamble71
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 27,626 Likes on 9,196 Posts

Originally Posted by RIPSAW
How bout that YouTube on Bowtie bringing back the Corvair since it was so good. Obiviously, some fools will fall for anything....
Actually, the Corvair was. The sheeple listened to Ralph Nader, just proving liberals were stupid even back then

dirtdreamer50 (10-13-2018)
Old 10-13-2018, 09:13 AM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Corvair was a good car. The 90* V-Belt had to be maintained or it would come off, and some seals leaked a bit of oil in the earlier models. Two friends had them back in high school in the mid 60's. One had a Black on Black turbo Corsa, and it was a screamer. Find the actual story behind Nader and the Corvair. He was being vindictive towards GM.
FWIW, watched the vid the first day of posting. Seemed an honest review. I'm personally not into the looks of any of today's Indian models, but have to believe they are well built decent riding machines. Just my thoughts, and yours may differ, which is OK by me. tp dd50

Old 10-13-2018, 09:25 AM
ronaldrwl
Road Warrior
Received 342 Likes on 229 Posts

I like the looks of Harley's and admittedly that's the most important factor.

dirtdreamer50 (10-13-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 05:51 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,602 Likes on 5,171 Posts

Remember same people that owned Victory, now own the fake Indian. You will be treated the same way. Polaris and warranty , good luck. Mottly Fool is putting out a lot of internet chatter trying to make back some of losses with Victory. They have been putting out bad HD press for years while investing in Polaris

Old 10-14-2018, 07:36 AM
OzHD
Banned
Received 437 Likes on 296 Posts

The sort of debates and videos are pointless, meaningless.

Who cares why "Mr. Z" bought whatever bike? His reasons are unlikely to be the same as anyone else's (and if another person uses those "Z" reasons rather than their own personal reasons, they're an idiot).

Some like HD styling, some like Indian styling; some like the M8 engine, some prefer the Thunder111; some like this, some hate that.

The point I'm at is that each person's reason for buying anything is relevant only to that person.

If I was going to buy an Indian over a HD it would be the fact that they had a clacking issue on the '17 T111 and they effing well fixed it for the '18 and '19 releases... not sat with their fingers up their ***** for three model years like HD have done. Same with the Goldwing and their fork issue - fixed, not sidelined and procrastinated about.

Availability of parts and service does matter - IF you need them.... and it appears that HD is a lot less reliable than Indian (based on this forum and a few others, UK, Oz, and various website reports).
In Western Australia there are only two main HD dealers, one in Perth, the other 260 miles away in Albany. One Indian dealer, Perth. There might be other sub-dealers or multi-bike dealers. So "dealer closeness" is not too relevant - in Perth = both there, outside Perth = up **** creek for either make.

For me, the "image" is about equal - Oz has never really had the "Great US Freedom Machine" wankery over Harley's - Much of Oz has been Euro or Jap bikes.
And then again, I have never in my life given a rat's **** what other people think of me, especially so if it's over a purchased thing I own.
You own what you want to own, why care if someone else doesn't like it? That's just childish.

But, as I said... my reasons are only relevant to me. I consider these videos and debates to be utterly pointless. Amusing and interesting, sure, but pointless.

I'm sure there are plenty that say "Why I bought a Grom over a Harley" (OK, that one was meant as a joke, but videos of "x" bike over "y" bike are on YTube)

Last edited by OzHD; 10-14-2018 at 07:38 AM. Reason: bastard sodding TYPOS!!!
Old 10-14-2018, 07:38 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,220 Likes on 4,770 Posts

Originally Posted by smitty901
Remember same people that owned Victory, now own the fake Indian. You will be treated the same way. Polaris and warranty , good luck. Mottly Fool is putting out a lot of internet chatter trying to make back some of losses with Victory. They have been putting out bad HD press for years while investing in Polaris
All the Polaris owners I know have no warranty complaints. Most haven’t had any warranty issues.

As as far as stock prices? Harley is down at $40.92 and Polaris is up at $93.30.

Last edited by IronAss; 10-14-2018 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-14-2018, 12:24 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,602 Likes on 5,171 Posts

All the Polaris owners I know have no warranty complaints. Most haven’t had any warranty issues.

As as far as stock prices? Harley is down at $40.92 and Polaris is up at $93.30.
Not the case around here

Old 10-14-2018, 02:50 PM
04Hali
Road Warrior
Received 243 Likes on 164 Posts

Polaris warranty complaints are well known to Victory and Indian owners. And the Polaris stock price is not because of Indian, Polaris makes a lot of vehicles from ATVs to boats and jeep parts. Indian is 10% or less of Polaris. Harley only builds motorcycles. The old comparing apples to oranges. BTW, the $93.30 was not the high price for that day same for Hog stock https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/pii/interactive-chart .

Old 10-17-2018, 12:36 AM
NTA
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

I ride a Harley !

Quick Reply: Is Indian Motorcycles better than Harley Davidson's? Indian rider explains the differences.