Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Harley Davidson Videos (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/harley-davidson-videos-25/)
-   -   Best Quality "Action Camera" (GoPro Type), For Riding? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/harley-davidson-videos/1265955-best-quality-action-camera-gopro-type-for-riding.html)

Dispatch 12-31-2018 10:27 PM

Best Quality "Action Camera" (GoPro Type), For Riding?

Obviously, there's GoPro but a few other brands that make similar but from actual experience, who's got the best quality and what models does one suggest?

Paintslinger16 01-01-2019 07:42 AM

SJCAM is what I have, cheaper, and a lot of the mounts are the same.

Dispatch 01-01-2019 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Paintslinger16 (Post 17928211)
SJCAM is what I have, cheaper, and a lot of the mounts are the same.

Those do look sweet, how's the quality of the video in comparison to other brands?

Paintslinger16 01-01-2019 02:48 PM

I have only used this one, I have the WiFi 5000 so it can be controlled by iPhone.
My guess its very comparable with the GoPro which I believe has a lot marketing behind it.
Be aware there is knock offs out there and the first one I bought off EBay was just that. I had to get EBay to force the refund.
look for SJCAM dealer in the ad if you go EBay or Amazon

spud67 01-06-2019 07:08 PM

Garmin VIRB X

I received a Garmin VIRB X for Christmas and have only been able to use it a couple times in testing but nothing on the bike.
Since it is the middle of winter here is south eastern Saskatchewan I have only been able to mount it on the roll bar of my compact tractor to blow snow one afternoon.

The camera is a HD camera, 12 Meg still photo camera, has built in WIFI, Bluetooth and GPS. The WIFI allows you to use the VIRB app on a smart phone and run it from the phone and see the video, great for setting up the view you want to record. There is also free editing software from Garmin called VIRB edit.

As I mentioned, I have only been able to use it a couple times and I am very happy with it so far. I am looking forward to being able to use it on the bike this summer.

HFS 01-12-2019 11:50 PM

I had the Contour, but they went under unfortunately.

I saw the SENA Prism might be a potential, but the GoPro is the market leader currently. Boxy case IMO.

The Garmin VIRB is another, but it looked a little big.

SENA has the combo unit the 10C I think...?

Drift made one too.

I only have experience with the Contour, it was cool with the GPS map data. Too bad it went sideways. The white-balance was whited out.

H

BronxVet 01-24-2019 07:17 PM

Just bought SJCam A10. Marked down from $99 to $79.20. We'll see if it is worthwhile.

Rocker NH 01-25-2019 05:27 AM

Just got the Hero7 I,ll put it to use in May---bikes are in storage for the winter

AZBadgerFan 05-20-2019 08:26 AM

The DJI Osmo Action Cam is getting great reviews and is giving GoPro a run for their money. It is about $50 cheaper than the GoPro Hero 7 ($349) and will work with your GoPro accessories. Made by the makers of the DJI Mavic drones.