Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

Gopro Sissy Bar Mount Test

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 02:56 PM
geosal22
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice videos brotha!! music and the scene went together well.

i have never highway 74....that was an awesome view of the valley!

Ride safe!!

Old 06-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Migal
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by njohnson27
I was working on a little project this weekend. I got a monopod camera mount for my gopro and attached it to my sissy bar so it was up several feet looking down at me. I did a short ride around my neighborhood to see how it worked. It vibrates a lot at idle, but smooths out at speed. It shakes a lot on bumps, so I'm going to try and cushion it a bit more. I think it's a cool looking angle though. Attached is a picture of how it looks with the mount on (people looked at me like I was crazy) and here is a link to the video test.

Looks awesome!! I wouldn't change a thing otherwise it will end up looking fake. Looks real and you get a feel for the ride. Well done!

Old 06-04-2013, 08:36 PM
moutainman
2nd Gear
Default looks cool

just keep ridin

Old 06-04-2013, 10:20 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

You should make a video of how it's mounted, or some closer pics. How is the pole portion secured to the sissy bar?

Old 06-05-2013, 07:52 AM
BugWacker
1st Gear
Default GoPro video

I was working on a little project this weekend. I got a monopod camera mount for my gopro and attached it to my sissy bar so it was up several feet looking down at me. I did a short ride around my neighborhood to see how it worked. It vibrates a lot at idle, but smooths out at speed. It shakes a lot on bumps, so I'm going to try and cushion it a bit more. I think it's a cool looking angle though. Attached is a picture of how it looks with the mount on (people looked at me like I was crazy) and here is a link to the video test.

http://youtu.be/50xq_VMQR7M
That video is so cool! Just wondering how you added the music? My video of me chasing 10 Corvettes and a Shelby Mustang across the state line into N. Carolina is cool, too. I used a hunting type camera on my helmet and the wind really messed up the sound. Thanks for the post!

Old 06-05-2013, 01:08 PM
njohnson27
Advanced

Yep - will try to. Going to work on some more ideas this weekend that I will post.

Originally Posted by emerican19
You should make a video of how it's mounted, or some closer pics. How is the pole portion secured to the sissy bar?

Old 06-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Bens05FLHPI
Cruiser

The sissy bar angle would be cool for a large group ride

Old 06-07-2013, 10:27 PM
Bens05FLHPI
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BugWacker
That video is so cool! Just wondering how you added the music? My video of me chasing 10 Corvettes and a Shelby Mustang across the state line into N. Carolina is cool, too. I used a hunting type camera on my helmet and the wind really messed up the sound. Thanks for the post!
have to get a video editing software like windows video or something like that. You can mute the camera noise and add your own playlist or commentary

Old 06-08-2013, 09:14 PM
njohnson27
Advanced

I tried some more mounting ideas today. Here's some of the shots edited together.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:23 PM
njohnson27
Advanced

Attached are some photos of one of the mounts. I forgot to take a picture of the one I did on the handle bars.

I tried some more mounting ideas today. Here's some of the shots edited together.

http://youtu.be/uer3JyznlWU

Quick Reply: Gopro Sissy Bar Mount Test