Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   HDForums Mascot (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/hdforums-mascot-53/)
-   -   Third member to carry the Mascot (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/hdforums-mascot/1006502-third-member-to-carry-the-mascot.html)

rgerber 10-20-2014 01:34 PM

Third member to carry the Mascot

It seems like only yesterday that Mac, then a Marine Corps Helicopter pilot stationed in Yuma, loaded up the Mascot and met a rider from "Preskitt" AZ who then brought it to me here in "Preskitt". We took it to the Laughlin River Run and handed it off to a member that rode in from New Mexico. Seems like those were the early days for this group with Mac and Springer running herd on us.

Remembering "SheWolf" who lost her husband to a left turner at a previous River Run the years before.

Forum Memories from a cranky old man! Hi Springer! Remember me??

Reverend Dickie

FXD2003Rider 10-20-2014 02:23 PM

Nice to meet you in here, Sir!

Last year I started to collect and document the info on the Mascot's travels.

I hope this document will help you to bring back good memories.....

2005 Mascot trails.xls

Ride safe,
René

FXD2003Rider 10-20-2014 02:26 PM

Unfortunately a lot of the images got lost due to a database crash. In case you still have them available, please let me know!

SPRINGER 11-27-2014 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by rgerber (Post 13339141)
It seems like only yesterday that Mac, then a Marine Corps Helicopter pilot stationed in Yuma, loaded up the Mascot and met a rider from "Preskitt" AZ who then brought it to me here in "Preskitt". We took it to the Laughlin River Run and handed it off to a member that rode in from New Mexico. Seems like those were the early days for this group with Mac and Springer running herd on us.

Remembering "SheWolf" who lost her husband to a left turner at a previous River Run the years before.

Forum Memories from a cranky old man! Hi Springer! Remember me??

Reverend Dickie

Oh yes, I remember you my friend. I still remember the early days too, thinking about them brings back some great memories and a few not so great. Take care my friend, maybe someday, after all these years, we'll get to meet.

p.s. you're one of the very few active members that have been here longer than I have, hard to believe it is 10 years ago for you and almost 10 for me too, time sure goes by fast.

UltraTech 03-28-2017 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by SPRINGER (Post 13453586)
Oh yes, I remember you my friend. I still remember the early days too, thinking about them brings back some great memories and a few not so great. Take care my friend, maybe someday, after all these years, we'll get to meet.

p.s. you're one of the very few active members that have been here longer than I have, hard to believe it is 10 years ago for you and almost 10 for me too, time sure goes by fast.

time sure does fly. i think my alter ego which was no longer welcome here was a member before both of ya's, think maybe late '04 or early '05. my member number in the PGR is in the low 100's as well.

strayed away for a bit due to alot of the drama here and been here lurking eversince. figured its time to shed the cacoon