HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here.

I want the mascot now!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 09:32 PM
steveokla
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I want the mascot now!

Geez... if I would have thought.... I could have taken the mascot down to Walt Disney World when my wife and I go the 24th. We're staying for a week! Our daughter and her fiance are coming down on the 28th, and we are all coming back on Oct 1.

Looking forward to a great time! Going to the Orlando Harley Davidson dealer which is in the Walt Disney Marketplace while I'm down there. might pick up a neat shirt!

Stephen

Old 09-12-2005, 09:50 PM
Beefcake
Tourer

A pic in front of the Kremlin with the mascot would be cool!

Any chance that mascot can get mailed or sent to me here in SoCal? I'm afraid the mascot will get stuck in the snow belt as winter is on its way and it will sit in someone's house all winter. If it's out west, we'll be able to move it around all winter.

Old 09-12-2005, 11:07 PM
Big Ted
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MAILED? Doesn't this really defeat the purpose of showing the route it takes across the country? Now I understand the out of the country bit, but once it gets back, I would like it start were it left off, so it can continue a route ACROSS the country.

Old 09-12-2005, 11:16 PM
steveokla
Tourer

Ted,

That's the plan.. After it comes back from the USSR, it come to me in Oklahoma City and continues the travels as planned.

Old 09-12-2005, 11:48 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Ted,

I agree totally. THe whole point of the mascot was to see how far it could go from person to person, and give people the opportunity to meet. To mail it defeats the purpose, and kinda takes away from the work that some of the rest of us have already done.

It's supposed to be a traveling mascot, not the UPS mascot. This is a personal opinion only.

Regards,

Bill

Old 09-12-2005, 11:53 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 704 Likes on 337 Posts

Bill, I'm hopeing this will be a one time thing. You should know I always would prefer it to travel on the bike, but this is too good to pass up. If we had members in Russia, I would hand it off. It's just a one time opportunity. I will go with whatever the members decide.

Old 09-13-2005, 01:42 AM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 6 Posts

My opinion:

Mail it to Joe, Joe mails it back to Steve...

This is a big chance...why not do it? Alternative is to get it moving to him...how important is it to us? Can we come up with enough folks to get it to him between now and the 26th?

Joe, can you put up a tentative route with the names so far?

If you can't, say mail it and them mail it back to where it was mailed from. I think it would be cool to get a picture of the thing in Russia.

My opinion only.

Mac

Old 09-13-2005, 02:46 AM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

To get a chance to have OUR mascot's picture in front of the Kremlin? Chriky, let's do it anyway possible. If we have to mail it, so be it. If some riders can get it there in time, so be it. I was "over there" in the seventies and remember the Iron Curtain and the CCCP...it would mean a lot to me...

Old 09-13-2005, 03:42 AM
Cool Breeze
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Like Pilot said, mail it to Joe and Joe mails it back to Steve. Would be pretty cool to see it at the Kremlin.

Lets do it. Try and get it to Joe by bike if possible

Old 09-13-2005, 05:01 AM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Time is of the essence obviously in this particular case. It wasn't moving due to bad weather so if it gets mailed so be it. As long as it goes back to it's mailed-from spot I see no problems.

As for exceptions like this, let common sense prevail. If you can't get there by bike and it's a worthy location such as in this case then it stops, gets mailed, gets mailed back then resumes travel via pony express, one member to another.

This way for example if any of our flyboys or girls has an opportunity to go to Antartica or anyone else to some other location way off the beaten path our Mascot can go along for the ride. If it's stateside or can be reached over land by bike then that's the way it must travel.

The caveat should be that it's picture must be taken with a recognizable landmark and hopefully some fellow riders indigenous to that locale (aka local bikers). Agreed?

Quick Reply: I want the mascot now!