Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   HDForums Mascot (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/hdforums-mascot-53/)
-   -   The First Voyage of The Mascott (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/hdforums-mascot/1058432-the-first-voyage-of-the-mascott.html)

rgerber 07-09-2015 11:59 AM

The First Voyage of The Mascott

2 Attachment(s)
Mac, a Marine Corps Captain, brought the Mascot from Yuma and met a member who's name escapes me now in somewhere in AZ that also escapes me. He brought it to "Preskitt" for the handoff and then I carried it to the 2005 Laughlin Rally and gave it to a retired LEO from New Mexico (yep forgot his name too). Those were the early days of this forum. The days of Springer, SheWolf and that really pretty thing...what ever her name was...AH Heather! What a sweetie!

SPRINGER 07-09-2015 01:54 PM

Yup, you are right. Those pics bring back some memories of the early years here, we sure had a lot of fun back then didn't we. Once in awhile I still talk to and also visit SheWolf. Who knows, maybe someday I'll make it down your way for a visit. Thanks for the memories, my friend.

rgerber 07-10-2015 10:57 AM

And to you old friend. A lot has changed around here over the years. I still check in from time to time. Say, didn't we all come to the aid of Heather when she was having some difficulties some time back. What a sweet heart she was. As for SheWolf, I always think of her when I motor past the spot where Gary was killed all those years ago...

Dickie

SPRINGER 07-10-2015 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by rgerber (Post 14193651)
And to you old friend. A lot has changed around here over the years. I still check in from time to time. Say, didn't we all come to the aid of Heather when she was having some difficulties some time back. What a sweet heart she was. As for SheWolf, I always think of her when e motor past the spot where Gary was killed all those years ago...

Dickie

Yes, you are right, we did help Heather when she needed it.

Cool Breeze 02-24-2017 12:45 PM

I remember getting the Mascot from a member called "Ape King" at Clayton County HD back in 2005? then taking it back to Macon. A week or so later met "Rusty" in Gainesville, Ga for the handoff. Lost track after that, but it made rounds all over the US.

SPRINGER 02-24-2017 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Cool Breeze (Post 15966758)
I remember getting the Mascot from a member called "Ape King" at Clayton County HD back in 2005? then taking it back to Macon. A week or so later met "Rusty" in Gainesville, Ga for the handoff. Lost track after that, but it made rounds all over the US.

Yes it did and also made it's rounds in Europe. I was very fortunate to have been able to go over to Germany to visit friends and then bring it back to the good ole USA, those were the days my friend. :) I also remember Rusty. :)

UltraTech 03-28-2017 05:16 AM

wow, seeing some of you guys are still here, wholly crap. ahhh the adventures of heather and sean and the excitement of helping heather through that troubled time.

Whiskers 04-30-2017 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by rgerber (Post 14190864)
Mac, a Marine Corps Captain, brought the Mascot from Yuma and met a member who's name escapes me now in somewhere in AZ that also escapes me. He brought it to "Preskitt" for the handoff and then I carried it to the 2005 Laughlin Rally and gave it to a retired LEO from New Mexico (yep forgot his name too). Those were the early days of this forum. The days of Springer, SheWolf and that really pretty thing...what ever her name was...AH Heather! What a sweetie!

Hey you old farts! The retired LEO from NM was Bill Nourse. He and I met in southern Colorado and handed the mascot off...I think the second time Bill had it in his hands. We also had the mascot during a Green Chili Ride and quite a number of members signed it.

Does anyone remember the crazy redhead from Lawrence Kansas?? Some of her stories made me laugh so hard I pretty much pee'd. Whiskers...just sayin hey!