Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   HDForums Mascot (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/hdforums-mascot-53/)
-   -   How about a New Mascot? (Thread closed 2016-07-10) (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/hdforums-mascot/1116677-how-about-a-new-mascot-thread-closed-2016-07-10-a.html)

JohnMn 05-18-2016 10:05 AM

How about a New Mascot? (Thread closed 2016-07-10)

It's pretty obvious the current Mascot is lost in history.

Why not get a new one and start the project over again?

FXD2003Rider 05-18-2016 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by JohnMn (Post 15157359)
It's pretty obvious the current Mascot is lost in history.

Why not get a new one and start the project over again?

As far as I know the Mascot is with From_Behind in Columbus, OH...

Forum member 98hotrodfatboy is trying to get it to the North East Evo Meet-Up....Thanx THC.... in Pennsyvania or southern NY.

JohnMn 05-18-2016 12:30 PM

It's been idle for 10 months, "From_Behind" has had all that time to communicate his intentions with the mascot on or in this section of the forum,, the section of the forum dedicated to the Mascot(?) during that entire time and has not.
Good intentions are one thing, disregard is another.

smitty901 05-30-2016 01:00 PM

Just get it moving. It does not have to travel half way across the US in one move. Pass it off a 110 miles away if that is what it takes. Last Time I had my hands on it ran it from Wisconsin to the middle of IL and passed it on.

98hotrodfatboy 06-29-2016 05:58 AM

New Virgin Mascot.....

Ruggs59 from Upstate NY took the time to contact HD Forums and they sent him a new Mascot (Banner, made of vinyl) to represent the forum at our meet in Rhinebeck this Friday. So a new Mascot has been started. However I would like to see some one that is local to Columbus OH where the forum member From_Behind resides, pay him a visit. I don't believe that he has any good intention to forward the Mascot............

rjjj629 07-04-2016 03:41 PM

I live about 20 or so miles east of Columbus. I don't know From_Behind but if I knew who (or where) he was I'd be willing to ask about the mascot.

Problem is, I don't see how it would do much good. If he doesn't want to forward it on or send it to anyone, or even respond to forum requests for that matter... then some random guy he's never met showing up at his door asking for a mascot wouldn't seem to be a really good idea.

98hotrodfatboy 07-05-2016 06:23 AM

I know it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. However I'm sure there are Forum members that know this guy and live local to him that could do something........

LeadSSled 07-05-2016 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by rjjj629 (Post 15295597)
I live about 20 or so miles east of Columbus. I don't know From_Behind but if I knew who (or where) he was I'd be willing to ask about the mascot.

Problem is, I don't see how it would do much good. If he doesn't want to forward it on or send it to anyone, or even respond to forum requests for that matter... then some random guy he's never met showing up at his door asking for a mascot wouldn't seem to be a really good idea.

Please see post #117 on this thread:
Mascot Link

Apparently they made contact with him yesterday and are looking for someone close by to pick it up. Looks like you are close if your schedule works for a pickup.

Campy Roadie 07-05-2016 08:12 AM

I sent a PM to Eve. I'm fairly local to FB and am headed west at the end of the month so I can get it asap and have it a 1000 miles or more from here fairly soon.

Firewoman 07-05-2016 08:15 AM

Has it been sitting in OH for 3 years? Smitty passed it to me and I took it to Indiana to Duncan the next day. He in turn passed it off to someone in OH. Has it not moved since then?