HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here.

Mascot Map (< 2013)

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 11:51 AM
idoc
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

will someone please post the website for me ? the original has never opened for me . thanks , joe

Old 12-15-2008, 08:08 PM
Fat_06
Tourer

Originally Posted by idoc
will someone please post the website for me ? the original has never opened for me . thanks , joe

Here...

Old 12-16-2008, 12:11 AM
Teek
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, Dan! I hope it works for idoc. BTW, is the Mascot still in Lawton? It's startin' to get a little cool up there, isn't it? It's 26 with light freezing mist here right now. Good thing about winter precipitation here, is it doesn't last long.

Teek

Old 12-16-2008, 01:10 PM
Yonaton
Not Smart Enough To Be A Member of HDF

It's a PITA for dial-up users and so far doesn't work real well in Linux with Opera...it works but it's problematic, or Seamonkey, Konqueror or Firefox. I *think* it's on the map now, I'll have to reload it and see.

Okay...works best in Firefox if you're a Linux user (which is unfortunate, again). I'm on the map though, so I guess that's what counts.

Last edited by Yonaton; 12-16-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:10 PM
Fat_06
Tourer

Originally Posted by Teek
Thanks, Dan! I hope it works for idoc. BTW, is the Mascot still in Lawton? It's startin' to get a little cool up there, isn't it? It's 26 with light freezing mist here right now. Good thing about winter precipitation here, is it doesn't last long.

Teek
As far as I know, it's still here...
It was damn cold, streets were iced with a frozen fog or drizzle this morning, but it's gone now,still cold though...
18 degrees this morning, with the wind it was -3...

Old 12-17-2008, 01:32 AM
Yonaton

With weather and temp's like that, it doesn't look like it'll be moving anytime soon, heh.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:21 AM
idoc
Intermediate
Default mascot web address

A big thanks for the answers : I was able to get the map site working and added myself . Howdy everyone from southwest Ark .---- Joe

Old 12-19-2008, 12:10 AM
Teek
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's great, idoc! You also happen to be very well situated to maybe help with the Mascot if you like!

Yonaton, the temps I can deal with. It's the FREEZING FOG! We had it down here in DFW, too. Tomorrow is 75! Today was 60, rainy and foggy, but I replaced rear tire and got my 15K service done today. Unfortunately, I was off during the crappy weather and I'm working tomorrow and all next week. I have plans for Christmas in Bossier City, LA when I'm off next, though. Maybe week after that? My fiancee is coming here permanently with me on jan. 10th so it has to be before that if I'm to get involved again.

Teek

Old 12-20-2008, 10:30 AM
Dagerazod
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yonaton
It's a PITA for dial-up users and so far doesn't work real well in Linux with Opera...
Could you intentionally make this ANY more difficult?
Dial up, Linux, Opera..... how about chopping off some fingers and poking out one eye and wearing a bad contact in the other?

Old 12-20-2008, 12:27 PM
Yonaton

Originally Posted by Dagerazod
Could you intentionally make this ANY more difficult?
Dial up, Linux, Opera..... how about chopping off some fingers and poking out one eye and wearing a bad contact in the other?
Dial-up = People who connect to the internet through their phone lines, but *not* the super fast DSL. The old original way of connecting to the internet.

Linux = An alternative Operating System. Microsoft is an Operating System (OS). It's found on *most* computers people buy and use. Those of us who learned long ago that Microsoft=garbage, switched to alternative OS's, like Macintoshes (Mac) or Linux (those are the two next largest used OS's I believe).

Opera = An alternative web browser. Internet Exploder...I mean Explorer is Microsofts web browser. Opera is an alternative, like Firefox is an alternative web browser. There's all kinds of alternatives out there for darn near *anything* you want to run/use on your computer, you don't *have* to use the crap that Microslop puts on your computer.

I take it you're fairly new to the computer world by the post you made?

Quick Reply: Mascot Map (< 2013)