HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here.

Myrtle Beach Bike Week 2006

Old 03-25-2006, 09:32 PM
SKJOLD
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Myrtle Beach Bike Week 2006

I have been made the official moderator of the Mascot Forums. Hopefully having a mod here will make the movement of our mascot a little smoother.

Anyway, the Myrtle Beach Bike Week is comming up fast and I am asking for volunteers who are planning to attend the Myrtle Beach Bike Week this year to carry the Mascot. Last I heard, the Mascot is in Georgia or heading in that direction. Any takers?

Old 03-25-2006, 11:49 PM
Mikeeeeeeeeee
"Moderator & Connoisseur of Ice Cream"
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Myrtle Beach Bike Week 2006

Hey Larry, Congrats on making Mod. Poor Terry was trying to do this and everything else he was doing at the same time. Glad to see someone step up and help out.

All I can tell you is get ready for lots of emails, and PM's. That is what it will take to keep the mascot moving. But I believe you will be up to the task.

The mascot moved over to Ga today with Apeking. He got home safe and sound and posted a couple of pics.

Old 03-26-2006, 12:38 AM
ApeKing
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Mascot is on course to be in SC soon. What are the dates of Myrtle beach? Im carrying it south to Macon area next and then I think it is heading to SC.

Old 03-26-2006, 12:44 AM
voodoo93
Road Warrior

Myrtle Beach is 12-21 May - The Heritage Rally is 7-16 April in Charleston. Heritage Rally

Old 03-26-2006, 12:46 AM
Cuz
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Mascot is being picked up in Ga by several members in the Spartanburg area of SC on April the 2nd.

Old 03-26-2006, 01:06 AM
SKJOLD
Elite HDF Member

Anyone going to the Charlston Rally that can bring the Mascot there? We can hit that, then move it around the area a few times and still have it in Myrtle Beach by May if we plan this right.

Old 03-26-2006, 01:14 AM
Cuz
Banned

Plans have been made to move it around Western SC and Western NC while it is in this area. SC and NC members have already made plans to get it around the Western sides of both states, before moving it to Fla or Eastern SC and NC.

Old 03-26-2006, 01:19 AM
SKJOLD
Elite HDF Member

According to the current plan, is it possible for it to reach Myrtle Beach by May?

Old 03-26-2006, 05:11 AM
Cuz
Banned

Yea, it is coming to SC on April 2nd. Redhawk, from NC is probably going with us to pick it up. It is planned to get it around this area and Western NC, and a hook up with some members in the Central and Eastern portion of SC is being talked over. It's four hours across the state of SC, so it can be done by meeting half way in a day easy. I would venture to say that this area of SC/NC has more members per square mile/population than any area in the US. There are at last count 11 members in the Upstate of SC within 30 minutes riding of each other. If you count NC and SC and expand the riding time to an hour there are at least 50.

Old 03-26-2006, 11:22 AM
Mac11
Road Master

CONGRATULATIONS on being named Moderator for the Mascot -

We have been needing this for a while. Terry has tried to posted and get others to help but he can only do so much. I have got a few suggestion:

(1) I'm sure somewhere in the past there has been the Mascot rules but it sure wouldn't hurt to have them posted up top again. Rules of the Mascot
(2) Who can sign the mascot, is it the peoplpe that actually make the transfer from bike to bike or is is forum members.
Taking it to the rallies and letting anyone sign it will fill it up quickly. After looking at the Mascot and having transfer it myself, it looks like to me the only people signing it are those that actually transfer it from bike to bike. I understand that anyone who travels with the mascot can be in the pictures.
(3) Can we get someone clean up the Mascot page, it seems to be getting cluttered. Maybe archive some post and topic headings.

Just a few suggestions, if I can help anyway let me know. It's been fun transfering and watching how it moves. I believe its one of the key parts of the forum and keep the interest up instead of just reading about transmissions, oil, ect.

Thanks again for your help,

Mac

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Myrtle Beach Bike Week 2006