HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here.

<2014 Travels of HDForums.com Mascot

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 12:35 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

The Mascot got handed to FlaGirl this morning in Wellington Fl. About 30 miles north of where I live it was just a short ride to the Starbucks where we agreed to meet. Christine got lost along the way and went to the wrong Sbux. Of course it rained about 10 minutes after I left home and I had to stop to put on raingear which was pointless as I was already pretty soaked. SR441 North for me and back.

Anyway the mascot is heading North out of Florida as FlaGirl is meeting JustDave for the next handover

Attached Thumbnails &lt;2014 Travels of HDForums.com Mascot-christine.jpg  
Old 09-14-2012, 10:47 AM
flagirl
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My husband and I met Lauren at the Starbucks in Royal Palm Beach/Wellington. We got soaked on the way over then I turned in the wrong shopping plaza. Lauren was kind enough to text me with the cross street so I could find the right plaza.

We chatted a bit, I signed the Mascot, then we took off up to Sebring. We headed back west toward Lake Okeechobee, and up and around the lake. After a quick stop at the lake for pictures with the Mascot blowing in the wind, we were on the road again. Just as we entered Okeechobee, the rain came down so bad, we had to pull over. Neither of us could see the road with the wind and rain. After a quick 15 minute break, we were back on the road again up to Sebring.

At Sebring, we met Just Dave and Jimbo who were patiently waiting for us. We were an hour late to our meet up time due to me underestimating the time it would take to get from Palm Beach to Sebring and the rain. We had some fun at Sebring taking pictures, signing the mascot and doing the handoff.

After that, I waved goodbye to the Mascot as Just Dave and Jimbo headed back to New Port Richey for the next leg of the Mascot's travels.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:41 AM
EveHD
Moderatress
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by glideridemike
[snip] I think someone should come up with some sort of deforster for you shield/glasses....lol.
I totally agree Mike.

Originally Posted by uklauren
The Mascot got handed to FlaGirl this morning in Wellington Fl. About 30 miles north of where I live it was just a short ride to the Starbucks where we agreed to meet. Christine got lost along the way and went to the wrong Sbux. Of course it rained about 10 minutes after I left home and I had to stop to put on raingear which was pointless as I was already pretty soaked. SR441 North for me and back.

Anyway the mascot is heading North out of Florida as FlaGirl is meeting JustDave for the next handover
Way to go Lauren!

Originally Posted by flagirl
My husband and I met Lauren at the Starbucks in Royal Palm Beach/Wellington. We got soaked on the way over then I turned in the wrong shopping plaza. Lauren was kind enough to text me with the cross street so I could find the right plaza.

We chatted a bit, I signed the Mascot, then we took off up to Sebring. We headed back west toward Lake Okeechobee, and up and around the lake. After a quick stop at the lake for pictures with the Mascot blowing in the wind, we were on the road again. Just as we entered Okeechobee, the rain came down so bad, we had to pull over. Neither of us could see the road with the wind and rain. After a quick 15 minute break, we were back on the road again up to Sebring.

At Sebring, we met Just Dave and Jimbo who were patiently waiting for us. We were an hour late to our meet up time due to me underestimating the time it would take to get from Palm Beach to Sebring and the rain. We had some fun at Sebring taking pictures, signing the mascot and doing the handoff.

After that, I waved goodbye to the Mascot as Just Dave and Jimbo headed back to New Port Richey for the next leg of the Mascot's travels.
You go girl!

I am so proud of you Queens!

Old 09-18-2012, 11:59 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Well, so far its taken about 3 months to get the mascot to where it is today, somewhere in Fla. It began in the Chicago area, up to NH, then down the eastern seacoast. I would hazard a guess that the distance from its present location out to the left coast is at least twice as long. We need some serious movement to accomplish this goal. They're saying this winter is going to be a doozy......

Old 09-18-2012, 12:01 PM
EveHD
Moderatress

How can I help? Let me know...

Old 09-18-2012, 12:52 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 867 Likes on 576 Posts
Default Don't worry, be happy!

Originally Posted by glideridemike
Well, so far its taken about 3 months to get the mascot to where it is today, somewhere in Fla. It began in the Chicago area, up to NH, then down the eastern seacoast. I would hazard a guess that the distance from its present location out to the left coast is at least twice as long. We need some serious movement to accomplish this goal. They're saying this winter is going to be a doozy......
This one is for you, Mike.....

If you ask me, we all should be proud and grateful to all of those who committed to participate in this project and enabled the Mascot to reach its current (and future) location!

Compared to the number of members on here (224,516 according to today's statistics), only a little number of members responded to my call in the several Sections on the forum.

Please remember not everyone is able to do midweek riding; that's why I designed the travel plan as it is, assuming members have time to ride on Saturdays or Sundays.

According to the 2012 Mascot's travel plan we could have the Mascot presented at HQ in the week before Christmas.

Originally Posted by EveHD
How can I help? Let me know...
I won't stop you if you manage to find more riders along the Gulf Coast and a way to find any other time accelerator, please go ahead!

Old 09-18-2012, 01:02 PM
EveHD
Moderatress

Originally Posted by FXD2003Rider
This one is for you, Mike.....

http://youtu.be/3o0ExGXfs2o

If you ask me, we all should be proud and grateful to all of those who committed to participate in this project and enabled the Mascot to reach its current (and future) location!

Compared to the number of members on here (224,516 according to today's statistics), only a little number of members responded to my call in the several Sections on the forum.

Please remember not everyone is able to do midweek riding; that's why I designed the travel plan as it is, assuming members have time to ride on Saturdays or Sundays.

According to the 2012 Mascot's travel plan we could have the Mascot presented at HQ in the week before Christmas.
[snip]
You made me laugh with that video Rene. In Mike's defense, after our involvement, we can't help but be a little antsy about it sitting...

But point taken

Originally Posted by FXD2003Rider
[snip]I won't stop you if you manage to find more riders along the Gulf Coast and a way to find any other time accelerator, please go ahead!
OK, I'll work on it tonight...

Old 09-19-2012, 07:17 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

Wow Rene, I get it. I'm out bro.

Good luck!

Last edited by glideridemike; 09-19-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:30 AM
EveHD
Moderatress

MIKE, don't step out that was a funny (and nice) way of saying don't stress it.
Rene doesn't have the easiest job trying to move it. C'mon this is silly...

Old 09-19-2012, 05:44 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

Hey its all good Eve. No problemo here, never was from my end. But you can't say much on the internet without someone taking it wrong.

Quick Reply: <2014 Travels of HDForums.com Mascot