HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here.

***The HDForums Mascot's European Tour***

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 01:55 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 867 Likes on 576 Posts
Default ***The HDForums Mascot's European Tour***

Greetings to all of you!

I opened this thread to inform you that Terry1955 is going to send me the HDForums.com mascot in order to let it travel over the European continent.

The HDForums Mascot is a tradition started in 2005 where forum members pass a special Harley Davidson flag from member to member across the country on our Harleys. Upon each passing, the person passing off the Mascot would sign it signifying their contribution to the Mascot's journey and a picture taken of the pass-off. Afterwards the individual who carried it would then write their story of the ride and post it on the forum.

More info on the mascot can be found over here:

"HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here"

Here is an image of the mascot:

HDF mascot image

What are my plans for the mascot’s European Tour:

First of all I want to do an inventory of HDF members in Europe and plot their locations on a Google map (link) . This map will be published in this thread in order to create a European members overview.

Based on this map and the participating members we will be able to figure out how the mascot will go across the European continent. It would be nice to do the hand over at H-D meetings/events, don't you think?

My personal goal is to carry the mascot across the French Alps next summer (end July/beginning August). I'm planning a trip from the Netherlands via Belgium and Luxembourg into France towards Lake Geneva. From here I will take the Route des Grandes Alpes to The Mediteranian and head back North via The Route Napoleon, Vosgues and Schwarzwald (Germany) to the Netherlands.

As soon as I have received the mascot, I will let you know in this thread.

Update 11-10-2009: The Mascot has arrived! Click here for The HDF Mascot's European Tour Map and find out where it was, is and heading for! You'll find the planning in the HDForums.com Mascot European Tour Schedule.

In the mean time I'm going to check for more European members and contact them with my plans and ask them to monitor the HDForums mascot room; I hope you will do the same!

If you're interested in helping to set up a European HDForum members network to pass the flag, please let me know by sending a post in this thread!

Kind regards & thanks in advance,

FXD2003Rider

Last edited by FXD2003Rider; 11-10-2009 at 03:52 PM. Reason: update info added
Old 11-07-2009, 07:22 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh what a lucky mascot we have! Outstanding!

Old 11-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by FXD2003Rider
Greetings to all of you!

I opened this thread to inform you that Terry1955 is going to send me the HDForums.com mascot in order to let it travel over the European continent.

The HDForums Mascot is a tradition started in 2005 where forum members pass a special Harley Davidson flag from member to member across the country on our Harleys. Upon each passing, the person passing off the Mascot would sign it signifying their contribution to the Mascot's journey and a picture taken of the pass-off. Afterwards the individual who carried it would then write their story of the ride and post it on the forum.

More info on the mascot can be found over here:

"HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here"

Here is an image of the mascot:

HDF mascot image

What are my plans for the mascot’s European Tour:

First of all I want to do an inventory of HDF members in Europe and plot their locations on a Google map (link) . This map will be published in this thread in order to create a European members overview.

Based on this map and the participating members we will be able to figure out how the mascot will go across the European continent. It would be nice to do the hand over at H-D meetings/events, don't you think?

My personal goal is to carry the mascot across the French Alps next summer (end July/beginning August). I'm planning a trip from the Netherlands via Belgium and Luxembourg into France towards Lake Geneva. From here I will take the Route des Grandes Alpes to The Mediteranian and head back North via The Route Napoleon, Vosgues and Schwarzwald (Germany) to the Netherlands.

As soon as I have received the mascot, I will let you know in this thread. In the mean time I'm going to check for more European members and contact them with my plans and ask them to monitor the HDForums mascot room; I hope you will do the same!

If you're interested in helping to set up a European HDForum members network to pass the flag, please let me know by sending a post in this thread!

Kind regards & thanks in advance,

FXD2003Rider
Count me in...

Old 11-09-2009, 11:20 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Originally Posted by Airborne350G
Count me in...
Hey Greg!

Thanks for your positive feedback.......... you're on my list, bud!

FXD2003Rider

Old 11-09-2009, 01:37 PM
88b
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm about 35 miles from London England, i'll take it for a ride but it's a case of picking your days now. If you want to wait until next Sept, I'll take it to Faakar See and back

Old 11-09-2009, 02:42 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Thanks for your positive feedback, 88b!

I've added you to the list; good idea to have the mascot visit one of, if not the biggest European Harley Event(s)!

FXD2003Rider

Old 11-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Simon UK
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the mascot finds its way to the UK I would be more than happy to take it for a ride and pass it on to somebody else. You'll have to help me out with the map thing though; I don't have a clue how to add a flag thingy and can't find how to do it in the on-line help.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:29 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Originally Posted by Simon UK
If the mascot finds its way to the UK I would be more than happy to take it for a ride and pass it on to somebody else.
Thank you for your positive feedback, Simon UK, your offer is much appreciated; I have added you to the list.

Originally Posted by Simon UK
You'll have to help me out with the map thing though; I don't have a clue how to add a flag thingy and can't find how to do it in the on-line help.
I have disabled the all users edditing option for the original map; just let me know what location you are and I'll add your avatar to it.

FXD2003Rider

Last edited by FXD2003Rider; 11-09-2009 at 03:32 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-10-2009, 12:48 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Default The Mascot has arrived!

Today the HDFMascot came in by mail in good condition!

In order to be able to monitor the former, current and planned locations, I have opened an additional map in Google called: The HDF Mascot's European Tour Map

FXD2003Rider

Old 11-10-2009, 12:56 PM
german ladyrider
Received 142 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by FXD2003Rider
Today the HDFMascot came in by mail in good condition!

In order to be able to monitor the former, current and planned locations, I have opened an additional map in Google called: The HDF Mascot's European Tour Map

FXD2003Rider

Great that the mascot finally made it to Europe! You'll get my support too....

Regine

Quick Reply: ***The HDForums Mascot's European Tour***