HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here.

The Mascot is here

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 08:40 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts
Default The Mascot is here

The Mascot arrived in the mail this weekend safe and sound. This is the first time that I have seen it so it is interesting to see all the names on it. I will entertain ideas of how the members in my area want to pass it off. I live in NE Oregon and we could possibly meet somewhere in the Columbia Gorge on the way to Portland or we could also meet at the Harley dealership in the Tri-Cities area. I have never done this before so I am open to ideas. Would we want to orgainize a meet someplace and have something to eat and maybe take a ride and then hand if off to the next person? I am interested in hearing what you have to say, thanks.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:36 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 52 Posts

Gary, you are on the right track. I've had the mascot a couple of times and usually met up at the local dealership and then road for a bite to eat. I've met many great members this way. Have fun and thanks for handling the European hand off.

Terry

Old 02-14-2011, 10:51 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 867 Likes on 576 Posts

Glad to hear the Mascot arrived in Oregon safe and sound.

It was a real pleasure to carry the Mascot around some parts of the European Continent.

I hope the Mascot and those who are going to carry it in future, will make many safe miles!

Old 02-18-2011, 09:58 AM
BiggestDawg
Advanced HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 7 Posts

I would love to see the Mascot again. I have fond memories of dragging it out of California a few years ago. Let me know what you come up with I'm up for a ride and will be happy to carry it again.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:21 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm up for transporting it, maybe next weekend if the weather co-operates and I can shake this nasty cold I have.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:48 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,220 Likes on 4,770 Posts

I could take it with me on the Hoka Hey if it gets down here around that time. My handing it off to another member would have to be quick though as I don't plan on stopping for more then a couple minutes unless sleeping until I get to the Mandatory 24 rest period at the Broken Spoke.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:11 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 867 Likes on 576 Posts

Originally Posted by IronAss
I could take it with me on the Hoka Hey if it gets down here around that time. My handing it off to another member would have to be quick though as I don't plan on stopping for more then a couple minutes unless sleeping until I get to the Mandatory 24 rest period at the Broken Spoke.

For those who are interested: here's a link to Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge™ website.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:13 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks like that ride takes you through the Columbia River Gorge, not far from where the Mascot currently resides. Hard to say for sure, looks like the map is petty random and not really following the roads.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:15 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,220 Likes on 4,770 Posts

Originally Posted by ackman1968
Looks like that ride takes you through the Columbia River Gorge, not far from where the Mascot currently resides. Hard to say for sure, looks like the map is petty random and not really following the roads.
That map is just a general overview of where the route will go. The riders will not receive their directions until they reach each checkpoint and the route is run on all secondary roads. The actual route will probably in actuality not be very close to the one depicted at all. It will go in the general directions of overview map but that's about it.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:13 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

Originally Posted by BiggestDawg
I would love to see the Mascot again. I have fond memories of dragging it out of California a few years ago. Let me know what you come up with I'm up for a ride and will be happy to carry it again.
Howdy, I have a couple of loose ends to take care of and a prior commitment to take care of in March. I am trying to get my bike in for service, it is overdue and as soon as that is taken care we should be able to narrow it down more. If you know of anybody in the western part of the state that would like to get involved in this, maybe we could arrange a meet someplace in the Columbia Gorge and maybe it could travel a little while over there before it makes its way back across the country. As always, I welcome any and all ideas, thanks.

Quick Reply: The Mascot is here