HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here.

My thoughts on the Mascot

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 03:01 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts
Default My thoughts on the Mascot

I am going to be blunt because I have been told that I am good at it. First off, I understand about time and distance that might have an effect on the travels of the Mascot but I just have this to say. I have heard how some are unhappy with how slow the Mascot is traveling and I have this to say. Last March, I went over 12,500 miles round trip to do a proper handoff of the Mascot from my European friends to bring it back to the States. We had a great time there and I would gladly do it again. There are people in this country that seem to want to get things going but all I have heard is talk. If the travels of the Mascot are so important than maybe more should get off their lazy butts instead of being computer commandos and do something about it to make it work. I have also heard of some that don't seem to be interested in it but they still have something to say when it bogs down someplace. If you don't want to have anything to do with it then just leave it alone. This place doesn't run on the buddy system as to who gets the Mascot so that needs to stop. It sometimes takes time to move the Mascot because we can't control the weather and I remember some comments that were being made when I had to wait for the weather to change so I could move it. Anybody that is a member of HDF has the right to see and sign the Mascot, unfortunatly, it just takes time depending on where it is or what the weather is like, so get used to it.