HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here.

The Mascot needs a ride to Sunapee, NH!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 06:31 AM
EveHD
Moderatress
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Where do I begin?

I started this adventure when I read the Mascot thread stating it had to get to Chappy and why. Well heck it was a journey on the forum and off, before I picked up the Mascot and after. As LnL stated, I could have sat there and listened to his stories all day. It was well worth it.

Chappy, you are amazing. I’m glad I had the pleasure of meeting you, your wife and Delta and his wife. I enjoyed the stories and yes, I do know you’re still kicking!

Please enjoy the pics…

Chappy

Chappy and the Mascot

Chappy (Sam) signing the Mascot

Delta (Don) signing the Mascot

Chappy signing the paper trail notebook

Delta signing the paper trail notebook

Group photo

Me, Chappy and LnL

Mascot on Chappy's Trike

Mascot on Chappy's old bike (the springer)

Mascot on my DEAD bike (read the end of this post)

My Signature on the Mascot

My bike broke down on the way back from NH. Lost all power. But, I think things happen for a reason. This young man, half my age stopped and offered to put my bike on the back of his pick up and drive me 2 and a half hours home. Well, this is why I think things happen for a reason. I really had no cash to offer this kid. But he took me anyway. He has been struggling in this current economy as we all are. He helps run a farm with his family. He started a lobster business and sells "American" lobsters. He sells them locally but would love to sell nationally. $6 a lobster. The company is called American Lobsters. Look it up. He can ship anywhere. I'm hoping that some of you reading this will buy some lobster from this young kid (even if its just 2-3) and pay it forward for me...

Thank you all for letting me be involved in this adventure.

Lockednloaded - You are the best riding buddy and friend a woman can ask for, Thank you!

Old 07-05-2012, 07:25 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Fantastic pictures and story Eve. Thanks so much for sharing. It's wonderful to see Chappy again. Sam, you look great! Sorry to hear about the misadventure with your bike but I'm glad a good samaritan was there to help you out when you needed it. Kudos to all who got the mascot moving and up to the Chappy. Well done!

Old 07-05-2012, 07:43 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

Great pics and great job everyone......

I'm looking forward to seeing Sam and Sue on Saturday...

Old 07-05-2012, 07:58 AM
dv102
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like Chappy was pretty happy and had a great time, kinda feels good to help brighten up someones day. Nice to see everyone made it home safe, although sorry to hear of the bike problems for both Eve and Mike. Hopefully they are just minor and you can get back on the road quickly. Eve I posted your Lobster guys info up here at work so we'll try to pay it forward and buy some lobsters here (I know my wife will kick my *** if I pass up buying some).

Old 07-05-2012, 08:26 AM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is that the story? Lobster? Lord knows I am in. made sure I took pics of his truck and license plate in case Eve came up missing. Never trust stranger danger. Eve, I love you too girl! At work but I will post pics later on and if any of you guys feel like taking that ride with me to killington, vt to rider this greene serpent, let me know. The weekend is coming.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:39 AM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member

Just sent Eve a message. since her bike is down, I will happily move the mascot this weekend to nj I'd anyone there can meet this weekend. My bf ride with us on each leg of our trip and just became forum member and wants to sign the flag anyway. Let me know asap and I'll head out!
Dawn

Old 07-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey LnL,

Here's a link to some of the best riding New England has to offer. You will notice that there are numerous rides in Vermont http://www.newenglandriders.org/Grea...ycle_Rides.htm

I am still researching this green serpent thing. I remember the first year of the Killington Classic and the ride did not exist. It is my opinion that someone invented it to charge for guided tours.

Lots of great info on the New England Riders web site as well.

Nice meeting you all and look forward to it again. Let us know when you will be this way again and we'll make it a point to ride the Mt Washington Auto Road.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:04 AM
EveHD
Moderatress

Delta (Don)

First let me say this "Thank you for your service"

Thanks for the info. It was a pleasure meeting you, your wife and Chappy and his wife and the others. I will definately save your number. You have mine. If you're ever in this area, you call me!

Old 07-05-2012, 09:53 AM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member

Delta, Debbie gave me a link while we were with you guys where I might find this serpent. Going tip check it out. I'll let you know what I find. Hoping to hear from nj riders that can meet me this weekend to move the mascot on since Eves breakdown. Guess I'll ride back to vermont next weekend instead. Can't stop til the snow flies now.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:57 AM
EveHD
Moderatress

Come on peeps. I'm sure someone in the NE Tri-State can meet up with LnL in NJ over the weekend to pick up the Mascot and deliver it to the Chatterbox ????

Moderator edit (FXD2003Rider):
Please co-ordinate the next hand-over(s) in this thread:
Wanted: Members to carry the Mascot further South....

Last edited by FXD2003Rider; 07-05-2012 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Added link

Quick Reply: The Mascot needs a ride to Sunapee, NH!