Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   HDForums Mascot (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/hdforums-mascot-53/)
-   -   Wanted: Members to carry the Mascot further South and from there to the West.... (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/hdforums-mascot/784969-wanted-members-to-carry-the-mascot-further-south-and-from-there-to-the-west.html)

nopetrol 07-31-2012 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by voudoujoe (Post 10145502)
Update from me ...

1. haven't heard from nopetrol yet, but as far as I'm concerned, this weekend is fine to p/u from PA area. I will get consensus of MD riders, but really need to connect w/ nopetrol

2. I have heard from Md riders: jaymiller5. That's it so far. Hoping to hear from inthechateau, 20FXT06 (and any other interested MD riders, just PM me)

3. I have heard form VA riders: fwb35, EasternSP and 92FLHS. There's also Barry Ranney in that area? Have requested that one VA rider take charge of organizing that group for pick-up and delivery Shouth. Looks like René has ideas for a drop in Richmond.

4. Airborne350G ... you are in VA, but I'm not sure where. Let me know if you would prefer to be part of the PA-VA routte or the VA-South route. If it's VA-South, you might want to connect with the lead from #3, above. ***** Look like Airborne might be riding with the guys from MD *****

I apologize, fellas. Work got in the way. Ok... just PM'd Longhair. I suggested we meet Sunday the 4th at a barbeque joint in Point Pleasant for lunch. If he's good with that, soon as we set a time, I'll let everyone know.

Regarding passing it on, I stand by all my original offers with this caveat: unless I manage to pass it on Sunday afternoon.... it will have to stay with me until the weekend of the 18th.....unless.... someone takes it from my in Muncy, Pa on the 10-11-12. I've had plans to do a ride/hangout weeekend with some guys I work with. So.... hand off in/near Muncy next weekend OR handoff south of Jersey on the 18-19th.

I'm going to go over to the rides & regional forum to details about the ride. For a good cause. C'mon out.

NC D'LUXE 07-31-2012 07:44 PM

I'm in Fayetteville, NC right off I-95, about 40 miles from the SC line, if needed I can run north to pick up or if someone brings it this far south I can take it into SC or points south. Whatever may be needed.

flagirl 07-31-2012 08:25 PM

Keeping an eye on this when it gets to Florida. I can meet in Orlando area or Palm Bay and move it to Ft. Myers area or points north of Ft. Myers.

Lyttuch 08-01-2012 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by flagirl (Post 10147284)
Keeping an eye on this when it gets to Florida. I can meet in Orlando area or Palm Bay and move it to Ft. Myers area or points north of Ft. Myers.

Hey, flgirl. Since I'm in Melbourne, if they bring it south, I can pick it up and meet you in Fort Pierce.

EveHD 08-01-2012 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by glideridemike (Post 10145989)
Great summary Rene, way to go!

Yes, Eve and I had to do some pushing to get it rolling this summer. Keep it rolling riders!

Mike - What your're leaving out is the amount of hair pulling we did to do it! LOL

glideridemike 08-01-2012 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by EveHD (Post 10149491)
Mike - What your're leaving out is the amount of hair pulling we did to do it! LOL

ehh, nobody gives a shit about that.....lol

nopetrol 08-03-2012 06:37 AM

SC-Longhair & I will be meeting at the Hickory Hog, Point Pleasant, Nj. Sunday, Aug 5 @ 1130am to pass off the mascot banner. The plan is to meet, have some lunch, then ride out for a bit. Anybody wanting to make it a GTG is more than welcome...c'mon out!

FXD2003Rider 08-03-2012 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by nopetrol (Post 10157232)
SC-Longhair & I will be meeting at the Hickory Hog, Point Pleasant, Nj. Sunday, Aug 5 @ 1130am to pass off the mascot banner. The plan is to meet, have some lunch, then ride out for a bit. Anybody wanting to make it a GTG is more than welcome...c'mon out!

Great news!

Looking forward to read your story and see the images over here.

I would like to be informed on the route info to be able to add it to the Mascot Map.

Enjoy the GtG and ride safe!

FXD2003Rider 08-04-2012 04:06 PM

Q and A

Today I received this question which I would like to share with you:

Originally Posted by RIPSAW
]Were is the offical thread on the Mascot for posting a few pictures of the roadtrip to Richmond,VA and Raleigh, NC
Seems to be about 3 or 4
Thanks,
RIPSAW

Here's what I would like you to do:

For the Mascot's history record post your story and image(s) over here:

Travels of HDForums.com Mascot

and to inform participants to this specific project post over here:

Wanted: Members to carry the Mascot further South and from there to the West....

I will update here when applicable:

where is the mascot now?

HDForums Mascot Travels Planning Map (MTPM)

Mascot Map

B-Sweet 08-04-2012 05:17 PM

South of Ft Worth Texas

I am about a hour south of Ft Worth Texas.
I can pick it up with in 200 miles or so and take it up to 200 miles in any direction you want. Just let me know where and when.
Sounds like fun