HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here.

Wanted: Members to carry the Mascot further South and from there to the West....

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 12:17 PM
EveHD
Moderatress
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Default BABC of the QOTR

Way to go QOTR!

Don't forget to post those photos

You BABCs Rock!

Old 08-10-2012, 05:47 PM
MYCRISIS
Elite HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 45 Posts

It no movy no more???

Old 08-10-2012, 10:38 PM
voudoujoe
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry I haven't updated recently. Work gets in the way sometimes!

Talked to nopetrol today. jaymiller5 and I are going to Muncy, PA to p/u tomorrow afternoon. inthechateau couldn't ride as he's on duty, so we're taking it to White Marsh Mall around 830pm to meet up with him so he can sign it.

jaymiller5, Airborne350G and I are planning to meet 92FLHS in Front Royal on Sunday. Texted w/ 92 tonight

jaymiller and 92 have given final confirm. Looking to get final confirm from 20FXST06 and Airborne350G. 92 is waiting to hear from sandman to see if he'll ride to Frint Royal on Sunday.

Getting my scoot back from 10,000 mile service in the AM (yes, it's done, just need to pick up) and weather says 88 degrees with 20% chance of rain. So all things are looking good.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:09 PM
MYCRISIS
Elite HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by voudoujoe

Talked to nopetrol today. jaymiller5 and I are going to Muncy, PA to p/u tomorrow afternoon. inthechateau couldn't ride as he's on duty, so we're taking it to White Marsh Mall around 830pm to meet up with him so he can sign it.

jaymiller5, Airborne350G and I are planning to meet 92FLHS in Front Royal on Sunday. Texted w/ 92 tonight

jaymiller and 92 have given final confirm. Looking to get final confirm from 20FXST06 and Airborne350G. 92 is waiting to hear from sandman to see if he'll ride to Frint Royal on Sunday.

Getting my scoot back from 10,000 mile service in the AM (yes, it's done, just need to pick up) and weather says 88 degrees with 20% chance of rain. So all things are looking good.
Thanks for the update Joe, Have a good ride. Sounds very organized. BTW, I have to work Sat and Sun. I haven't done that in years. Y'all be safe.

Old 08-11-2012, 04:17 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 867 Likes on 576 Posts

Thanks for the update, vou!

I really appreciate your efforts to make this happen; anxious to read your report and see the images.

Enjoy & ride safe.

Old 08-11-2012, 05:21 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 867 Likes on 576 Posts
Default *fyi*

FYI: updated planning per 08/11/2012
Originally Posted by FXD2003Rider
Planning details for 08/11/2012 and 08/12/2012 have been processed onto the MTPM and added to the 2012 Mascot's travel plan

Old 08-12-2012, 12:11 AM
voudoujoe
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Update from today ...

I met jaymiller5 in Shrewsbury, PA around 1pm and we headed toward Muncy. We had a lot of ground to cover, so we took the highways. I was a beautiful day for a ride. A couple of pics of jaymiller5 on his new Electra Glide are attached. Very nice bike ... made me think about going to a bagger for a shile ... especially want that cruise control,.

We met nopetrol in Muncy, PA at the VFW hall. He had just finished a benefit ride. nopetrol was good to us and made sure we had something to eat. Then ewe took possession of the mascot and checked out his really nice Fat Boy.

jaymiller5 and I headed out around 5 to meet inthechateau. About a 3 hour ride to Hunt Valley, MD. Met nopetrol at Ouback Steakhouse. We had some dinner, signed the mascot (inthechateau took some photos) Had a good conversation and then broke up to head home.

Right after getting gas the rain came! I took refuge in a bank drive-through window lane and waited out the worst of it (I have a FXDF with no storage for a rain suit) Headed home 20 minutes later ... go wet, but not as bad as a few weeks ago.

jaymiller took the mascot in his hardbag to make sure it stayed dry. No sure about jaymiller, but I logged 398.8 miles today.

Tomorrow, jaymiller and I are meeting at Starbucks in Mt Airy, MD to ride the mascot down to Front Royal, VA and turn it over to 92FLHS.

Had a great time today. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Attached Thumbnails Wanted: Members to carry the Mascot further South and from there to the West....-jaymiller5_1.jpg   Wanted: Members to carry the Mascot further South and from there to the West....-jaymiller5_2.jpg  

Last edited by voudoujoe; 08-12-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:17 PM
nopetrol
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was really nice to meet Mark & Jay. I give Voudoujoe(Mark) credit... his Dyna has a cool looking satin finish OD green. Nice looking scoot. Jaymiller was on a sharp 'Glide. Silver always looks good. Appreciate the compliment on my bike. There were 266 bike on that ride, you guys got there with only a few left. My Fatboy was rather plain compared to some that were there earlier in the day! Happy to hear you fellas made out well. Ride easy, fellas.

Update from today ...

I met jaymiller5 in Shrewsbury, PA around 1pm and we headed toward Muncy. We had a lot of ground to cover, so we took the highways. I was a beautiful day for a ride. A couple of pics of jaymiller5 on his new Electra Glide are attached. Very nice bike ... made me think about going to a bagger for a shile ... especially want that cruise control,.

We met nopetrol in Muncy, PA at the VFW hall. He had just finished a benefit ride. nopetrol was good to us and made sure we had something to eat. Then ewe took possession of the mascot and checked out his really nice Fat Boy.

jaymiller5 and I headed out around 5 to meet inthechateau. About a 3 hour ride to Hunt Valley, MD. Met nopetrol at Ouback Steakhouse. We had some dinner, signed the mascot (inthechateau took some photos) Had a good conversation and then broke up to head home.

Right after getting gas the rain came! I took refuge in a bank drive-through window lane and waited out the worst of it (I have a FXDF with no storage for a rain suit) Headed home 20 minutes later ... go wet, but not as bad as a few weeks ago.

jaymiller took the mascot in his hardbag to make sure it stayed dry. No sure about jaymiller, but I logged 398.8 miles today.

Tomorrow, jaymiller and I are meeting at Starbucks in Mt Airy, MD to ride the mascot down to Front Royal, VA and turn it over to 92FLHS.

Had a great time today. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Renold
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FXD2003Rider
After it's journey to NH, the Mascot is in NYS, waiting for a ride to Chatterbox Drive-In, 1 New Jersey 15, Augusta, NJ and further South.

QOTR lockednloaded is willing to bring it down to NJ this weekend:

Please chime in over here if you want to be a part of the Mascot's travels and to co-ordinate the hand-over(s)...

TIA & ride safe!
I plan to be in NC and Tenn Sept. 3-?. I will carry it to SC from there if this is possible. Sounds like fun

Old 08-12-2012, 09:43 PM
jaymiller5
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nopetrol
Was really nice to meet Mark & Jay. I give Voudoujoe(Mark) credit... his Dyna has a cool looking satin finish OD green. Nice looking scoot. Jaymiller was on a sharp 'Glide. Silver always looks good. Appreciate the compliment on my bike. There were 266 bike on that ride, you guys got there with only a few left. My Fatboy was rather plain compared to some that were there earlier in the day! Happy to hear you fellas made out well. Ride easy, fellas.
Thanks Nopetrol, it was great meeting you and it was awesome that you made us feel welcomed with no hesitation what so ever. You do have a nice fatboy that is for sure. And yes mark's scoot is killer looking and gets attention everywhere he goes as I found out first hand over the last two days.

Quick Reply: Wanted: Members to carry the Mascot further South and from there to the West....