Go Back  Harley Davidson Forums > General Harley Davidson Forums > HDForums Mascot
Reload this Page >

Wanted: Members to carry the Mascot further South and from there to the West....

Notices
HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here.

Wanted: Members to carry the Mascot further South and from there to the West....

Old 07-28-2012, 12:55 PM
FXD2003Rider
European Moderator
Liked 154 Times in 106 Posts

Originally Posted by OldIron61 View Post
Please be informed it is not my aim to keep you away from carrying the mascot. I regret if I have given you the impression.

My aim is to prevent the Mascot being stuck in a garage during Winter and have it travel along the East coast to the South (Alabama Florida) and along the Gulf states to the West towards HDForums HQ in El Segundo CA.

If you want to be involved, IMO the best you could do is to arrange a handover with SC-Longhair at the PA/NJ border in the Stroudsburg or Easton area and arrange a meet with nopetrol in the Philadelphia area.

Interested to hear your, Vic's & nopetrol's opinion on this plan.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:09 PM
nopetrol
Senior Rider
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally Posted by FXD2003Rider View Post
Please be informed it is not my aim to keep you away from carrying the mascot. I regret if I have given you the impression.

My aim is to prevent the Mascot being stuck in a garage during Winter and have it travel along the East coast to the South (Alabama Florida) and along the Gulf states to the West towards HDForums HQ in El Segundo CA.

If you want to be involved, IMO the best you could do is to arrange a handover with SC-Longhair at the PA/NJ border in the Stroudsburg or Easton area and arrange a meet with nopetrol in the Philadelphia area.

Interested to hear your, Vic's & nopetrol's opinion on this plan.

I haven't got an issue with any of it. If you ask me, the first step for me is to meet with SC longhair. Then, I can coordinate a delivery it a couple few hours to whomever would like to take it next. A few hours into Pa, Md, or De is all just fine with me.

OldIron.... where are you in Pa? IF, IF I were to meet with Longhair before the 8th, I'm going to be in Muncy that weekend for a ride(Google 'Penitent Souls ride for Ellie Lou')..... that's welcome to anyone too!

Like I said, I'll go a few hours in any direction that sells meals! Lmao.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:11 PM
FXD2003Rider
European Moderator

Originally Posted by PnDegc View Post
How far south do ya want to get it?
We cannot work on short notice but if you want to work it down to NC let us know.
We can get to VA state line on I77 and take it south from there,
Or Raleigh on I40/I85 and south from there to Charlotte, NC or parts hereabout.
My aim is to prevent the Mascot being stuck in a garage during Winter and have it travel along the East coast to the South (Alabama Florida) and along the Gulf states to the West towards HDForums HQ in El Segundo CA....

Old 07-28-2012, 02:16 PM
FXD2003Rider
European Moderator

Originally Posted by nopetrol View Post
I haven't got an issue with any of it. If you ask me, the first step for me is to meet with SC longhair. Then, I can coordinate a delivery it a couple few hours to whomever would like to take it next. A few hours into Pa, Md, or De is all just fine with me.

OldIron.... where are you in Pa? IF, IF I were to meet with Longhair before the 8th, I'm going to be in Muncy that weekend for a ride(Google 'Penitent Souls ride for Ellie Lou')..... that's welcome to anyone too!

Like I said, I'll go a few hours in any direction that sells meals! Lmao.
Any idea yet where to meet SC-Longhair? If it's halfway (Allentown or Trenton area), OldIron could go there and meet you guys....

Old 07-28-2012, 02:31 PM
nopetrol
Senior Rider
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Not yet, haven't heard back on PM. When OldIron tells me where he is, it may help pick a location. Playing it one step at a time just yet

Old 07-28-2012, 02:32 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

I am not trying to tell anyone how to do it. But this is how I got it going this season-
Contact the person holding the mascot. Have a plan where you might be taking it and then contact riders who live in that area to see if you can find someone interested enough to meet you and take the mascot from there. Rene helped me by giving me a link for the members in a particular state so I could start contacting people. I sent out a lot of pm's to members who were currently still coming on the forum and who were in the general area I was looking at. Someone a few years back told me I had to have a plan for moving the mascot to make it work. I found that advice to be true. But whoever wants to be involved is going to have to reach out to other riders for help in getting it moving or it will just sit in someone's garage.....again.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:46 PM
FXD2003Rider
European Moderator

Originally Posted by glideridemike View Post
I am not trying to tell anyone how to do it. But this is how I got it going this season-
Contact the person holding the mascot. Have a plan where you might be taking it and then contact riders who live in that area to see if you can find someone interested enough to meet you and take the mascot from there. Rene helped me by giving me a link for the members in a particular state so I could start contacting people. I sent out a lot of pm's to members who were currently still coming on the forum and who were in the general area I was looking at. Someone a few years back told me I had to have a plan for moving the mascot to make it work. I found that advice to be true. But whoever wants to be involved is going to have to reach out to other riders for help in getting it moving or it will just sit in someone's garage.....again.
Thanks for chiming in, Mike. As posted earlier, my aim is to prevent the Mascot being stuck in a garage during Winter and have it travel along the East coast to the South (Alabama Florida) and along the Gulf states to the West towards HDForums HQ in El Segundo CA....General direction so to say is NJ, MD, WV, NC, SC, GA, AL, FL, LA, TX, NM, AZ, CA

Old 07-28-2012, 04:29 PM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

When it gets to the midwest I'm right outside of Omaha and would love to get in on this. Thanks.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:45 PM
FXD2003Rider
European Moderator

Originally Posted by patrickd View Post
When it gets to the midwest I'm right outside of Omaha and would love to get in on this. Thanks.
Thanks for chiming in, Patrick.

I added your location to the MTPM and will keep your offer in mind...

Old 07-28-2012, 06:24 PM
MYCRISIS
Elite HDF Member
Liked 65 Times in 43 Posts

Count me in for the East Texas Area. Shreveport La to Dallas/Fort Worth or a few hundred mile radious from Tyler Tx.I posted more info on one of the other "mascot south" threads. New SG,flexible schdl., have gear will travel. I would like to have my sons name and dates on that mascot.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wanted: Members to carry the Mascot further South and from there to the West....

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: