HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here.

Wanted: Members to carry the Mascot further South and from there to the West....

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 07:52 AM
EveHD
Moderatress
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Maybe I can help a bit to clarify the confusion by posting the steps I took (minus the pulling out my hair part) to actually get my hands on and then hand off the Mascot (@ GRM ).

When I first read that the Mascot was in Illinois and it needed a ride to NH I immediately sent a PM to both FXD2003Rider and the person who actually I would eventually pick up the Mascot from. Yes, I posted various questions, as you all are doing, but the bottom line point of communication was the PMs, Emails and phone calls. The person I was picking it up from had to pick it up from someone else who had to pick it up from someone else who had to pick it up from someone else (whew!). First lesson: be very flexible.

While I was organizing the pick up from PA through emails and PM's with Mike, I was also organizing a signing session in NH with Chappy and his wife Sue via telephone and organizing a hand off in NJ with TIPN8R via another thread in the NE Tri-State section of this forum. All were happening within 3 days of each other and I was in constant contact with all parties involved.

Anyway, Each person that was involved in the process posted their intentions, final plans and successful hand offs with pics here:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/hdfor...ascot-now.html

And they also posted in the current (PUSH) thread which is the thread that states where it needs to go or where it needs a ride from. Yes, it does get confusing and maybe there should just be one "where is the Mascot now?" thread. But the system worked when I was involved. So why fix what's not broken.

I really hope this helps...

Old 07-31-2012, 08:49 AM
WireDawg77
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can probably go as far east as Phoenix and as far north as the HQ. Just need to find somebody in AZ to meet me from that way. I prefer I-8 by then, it will be warmer, but either way.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:43 AM
Skeet7373
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys, I'm here in Nashville, Tn. I can go to Knoxville, Chattanooga, even to Atlanta or alabama to pick up the mascot and take it west to Memphis. Oh, I'm going to Fayetteville, AR in Sept to the Biker Blues and BBQ if you want it there for a day. Maybe some one can carry it farther west on their trip home.

Karen

Old 07-31-2012, 09:47 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 867 Likes on 576 Posts

Originally Posted by WireDawg77
I can probably go as far east as Phoenix and as far north as the HQ. Just need to find somebody in AZ to meet me from that way. I prefer I-8 by then, it will be warmer, but either way.
Details added to the MTPM!

Old 07-31-2012, 09:53 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Originally Posted by Skeet7373
Hey Guys, I'm here in Nashville, Tn. I can go to Knoxville, Chattanooga, even to Atlanta or alabama to pick up the mascot and take it west to Memphis. Oh, I'm going to Fayetteville, AR in Sept to the Biker Blues and BBQ if you want it there for a day. Maybe some one can carry it farther west on their trip home.

Karen
Thank you for offering your help, Karen. I have added your pin for future reference.

If you don't mind, I prefer the Mascot traveling through the Gulf States; Mid-West Route has the risk the Mascot gets stuck later this year....

Ride safe!

Old 07-31-2012, 09:57 AM
92FLHS
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Mascot Heading South?

Hi All,

I live on Interstate 81 mile marker 150 (Troutville) near Roanoke. I can ride either to Washington DC or West Virginia ( say around Martinsburg ) or on up to Hagerstown Maryland if needed. I can carry either south to North Carolina or west into Tennessee as requested. Time frame is very flexible.

Feel free to PM and I will keep a close eye on this thread to help keep the Mascot moving. It is riding season so the Mascot should be riding as well

Old 07-31-2012, 10:14 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Originally Posted by 92FLHS
Hi All,

I live on Interstate 81 mile marker 150 (Troutville) near Roanoke. I can ride either to Washington DC or West Virginia ( say around Martinsburg ) or on up to Hagerstown Maryland if needed. I can carry either south to North Carolina or west into Tennessee as requested. Time frame is very flexible.

Feel free to PM and I will keep a close eye on this thread to help keep the Mascot moving. It is riding season so the Mascot should be riding as well
I added a pin for you to the https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...183b17672f895f.

Looking at the map my advice would be: hook up in the Richmond VA or Raleigh NC area when the Mascot comes down from MD.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:29 AM
92FLHS
Advanced

OK FXD,

I will contact Nopetrol and see if he wants to meet up in Baltimore. Then I can take either to Charlotte or Raleigh. I could meet dynawideglider somewhere in his area if he is interested.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:34 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Originally Posted by 92FLHS
OK FXD,

I will contact Nopetrol and see if he wants to meet up in Baltimore. Then I can take either to Charlotte or Raleigh. I could meet dynawideglider somewhere in his area if he is interested.
Let's do it step by step, 92FLHS...voudoujoe is already working on a hand-over in the Baltimore area with nopetrol.

Once that's been done, it's up to voudoujoe where to take it further South.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:41 AM
92FLHS
Advanced

ok I apologize,
I didnt realize nopetrol already had a plan to get it moving again.

<slowly backs out of the thread area>

take it easy and keep the shiny side up

Quick Reply: Wanted: Members to carry the Mascot further South and from there to the West....