Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   HDForums Mascot (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/hdforums-mascot-53/)
-   -   Wanted: Members to carry the Mascot further South and from there to the West.... (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/hdforums-mascot/784969-wanted-members-to-carry-the-mascot-further-south-and-from-there-to-the-west.html)

FXD2003Rider 07-05-2012 10:19 AM

Wanted: Members to carry the Mascot further South and from there to the West....

After it's journey to NH, the Mascot is in NYS, waiting for a ride to Chatterbox Drive-In, 1 New Jersey 15, Augusta, NJ and further South.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...b117e2211b.png
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...30399be5b1.png

QOTR lockednloaded is willing to bring it down to NJ this weekend:

Originally Posted by lockednloaded (Post 10029546)
...since EveHD's bike is down, I will happily move the mascot this weekend to nj if anyone there can meet this weekend. My bf ride with us on each leg of our trip and just became forum member and wants to sign the flag anyway. Let me know asap and I'll head out!
Dawn

Please chime in over here if you want to be a part of the Mascot's travels and to co-ordinate the hand-over(s)...

TIA & ride safe!

EveHD 07-05-2012 11:44 AM

SC - I left you a message on your cell. Please disregard since we have a new member waiting to sign and it's only fitting that LnL take it the rest of the journey.

LnL - What is his username?

FXD - Good Job!

FLYSBY 07-05-2012 12:42 PM

Hotharry....no takers in nj? Come on guys. We got some momentum going now. I could always take it back to Chappy. He had someone to take in nh.

FLYSBY 07-05-2012 04:14 PM

I sent a pm to SC longhair and tipn8r regarding moving this on. Hopefully one of them wants to meet up. We will see!!

8541hog 07-05-2012 04:24 PM

If it makes it way south towards DC count me in.

FLYSBY 07-05-2012 07:33 PM

Unless someone else chimes in, I'm taking the mascot to Tipn8r on Saturday. See, Chappy wanted to keep the mascot and ride it to another person who wanted to move it along. We couldn't let him have it because it was promised to you guys in NJ. I feel horrible that this wonderful, deserving man couldn't have this mascot. He would have moved it even though it would have hurt him more than any of us could possibly understand.
So, I will move it. Because that is just what needs to be done.
So there!:icon_badrazz: (lol)

EveHD 07-05-2012 08:40 PM

I agree LnL - I couldn't have predicted my bike would die. But now that it has, I feel horrible that I didn't leave it for Chappy to hand it off. As ill as he is, he was willing to move it. Ride safe to TIP'S, and don't forget to take pics and tell him I said hi :)

EveHD 07-06-2012 07:10 PM

Got my scoot running! woo hoo
It was a loose ground.
I'll be riding with LnL tomorrow!

FXD2003Rider 07-07-2012 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by EveHD (Post 10036429)
Got my scoot running! woo hoo
It was a loose ground.
I'll be riding with LnL tomorrow!

Great job, Eve! Perhaps you could have a look at Ken's bike as well and get it fixed....

Enjoy & ride safe.

EveHD 07-07-2012 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by FXD2003Rider (Post 10037742)
Great job, Eve! Perhaps you could have a look at Ken's bike as well and get it fixed....

Enjoy & ride safe.

You're too funny!

Thanks, we will.

NJDDH 07-08-2012 07:39 PM

Where in NJ is it?

FXD2003Rider 07-15-2012 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by NJDDH (Post 10044254)
Where in NJ is it?

Howthorne....

glideridemike 07-23-2012 06:43 AM

Over a week since the last post here.......whats up with the mascot moving?

EveHD 07-23-2012 06:46 AM

I was thinking the same thing GrM. Is it moving?

fattyboyy 07-24-2012 06:31 AM

i would like to get it if it ever gets to columbia sc.

FatBob11FXDF 07-24-2012 07:03 PM

If it gets to Virginia let me know....

glideridemike 07-24-2012 07:56 PM

If you all want to be involved you should not sit back and wait for someone to contact you. Find out who has it and talk to them or it might be past you before you even know it.

Deucedog 07-24-2012 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by glideridemike (Post 10116433)
If you all want to be involved you should not sit back and wait for someone to contact you. Find out who has it and talk to them or it might be past you before you even know it.

Back when it was either in Ohio, or getting ready to enter Ohio, I offered to help get it to Chappy. Never got a reply/PM on my offer. Not even a 'thanks, we've got it handled'.

I'm in NJ, but unfortunately, this weekend (7/27) I can't do it. I'm headed to Virginia, but sadly it's in the cage not on the bike. :(

glideridemike 07-25-2012 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by duecedog (Post 10116483)
Back when it was either in Ohio, or getting ready to enter Ohio, I offered to help get it to Chappy. Never got a reply/PM on my offer. Not even a 'thanks, we've got it handled'.

I'm in NJ, but unfortunately, this weekend (7/27) I can't do it. I'm headed to Virginia, but sadly it's in the cage not on the bike. :(

Sorry if you got missed

EveHD 07-25-2012 07:48 AM

+1 on what GrM said :)
Please accept our apologies Deuce, we were all a tad stressed at the time...

OldIron61 07-28-2012 01:43 AM

How is it headed South? Being in NorthCentral Pa, I could meet someone near the NJ/Pa Border and take it wherever South in Pa/Md, to the next rider. Just need to have some more Intel first. PM me, if I am needed.

nopetrol 07-28-2012 07:15 AM

If I am following the multiple threads correctly, SCLonghair has it in North Jersey(?). I will PM him to check, then possibly make a plan to move it in a southernly direction. I could meet him next weekend, bring it into South Jersey...? I'm in Cumberland County. That would bring it closer to S.E. Pa, or Delaware. I'd able to meet someone a couple-few hours into De, Pa, or Md. Further if you meet me at a place with good groceries lol. Weather dependant, I can ride fri, sat, or sun. 8541Hog mentioned wanting to see it in or near DC.... not an impossibility for me.

Originally Posted by OldIron61 (Post 10131992)
How is it headed South? Being in NorthCentral Pa, I could meet someone near the NJ/Pa Border and take it wherever South in Pa/Md, to the next rider. Just need to have some more Intel first. PM me, if I am needed.

FXD2003Rider 07-28-2012 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by nopetrol (Post 10132310)
If I am following the multiple threads correctly, SCLonghair has it in North Jersey(?). I will PM him to check, then possibly make a plan to move it in a southernly direction. I could meet him next weekend, bring it into South Jersey...? I'm in Cumberland County. That would bring it closer to S.E. Pa, or Delaware. I'd able to meet someone a couple-few hours into De, Pa, or Md. Further if you meet me at a place with good groceries lol. Weather dependant, I can ride fri, sat, or sun. 8541Hog mentioned wanting to see it in or near DC.... not an impossibility for me.

I've added your location to the HDForums Mascot Travels Planning Map

Would be great if you manage to coordinate the handovers with SC-Longhair in NJ and 8541HOG in MD.

Perhaps voudoujoe and inthechateau would like to be involved as well?

If you want me to, I could send them a heads up?

nopetrol 07-28-2012 09:34 AM

I have PM dialogue with Sc longhair, so lets see what we can do! He's about 2 1/2 hours north of me, so I'd like to propose a Central Jersey GTG on a Saturday or Sunday morning. A central Jersey diner for breakfast or lunch......??.... SCLonghair and some members talked barbecue in another thread.... a good 'meat & 3' joint in the mid state would be cool.....a GTG would allow some others to meet up...? I could easily get it south or west from me. I live a few minutes from the Del Mem bridge, and only 30 mins south of Philadelphia. Member 8541Hog had expressed interest in having it near DC. I'd be up for meeting him in Baltimore or there abouts. I ride to eat, eat to ride, so any place with food is aight with me! Using these geographical suggestions, I'm open. My only restriction is: I can only ride fri, sat, sun.

Originally Posted by FXD2003Rider (Post 10132349)

Would be great if you manage to coordinate the handovers with SC-Longhair in NJ and 8541HOG in MD.

PnDegc 07-28-2012 09:47 AM

How far south do ya want to get it?
We cannot work on short notice but if you want to work it down to NC let us know.
We can get to VA state line on I77 and take it south from there,
Or Raleigh on I40/I85 and south from there to Charlotte, NC or parts hereabout.

nopetrol 07-28-2012 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by PnDegc (Post 10132857)
We cannot work on short notice but if you want to work it down to NC let us know.

Well, they next 2 that have spoke up are both in the DC/NOVA area. I'd go as far south as Baltimore easy, more for the promise of good food. Anybody a Diners, Drive Inns, & Dives fan? There's quite a few spots Guy has visited in that area. After that area, one of those fellas might could get with you in NC, but I'm bordering on speaking for another man.

It might take a couple few weeks, but we'll make this happen.

FXD2003Rider 07-28-2012 10:23 AM

Locations added....

I added your location to the MTPM (Mascot Travels Planning Map)map, as well as the MMPs (Mascot Meeting Points) you mentioned.....

FXD2003Rider 07-28-2012 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by nopetrol (Post 10132810)
...Member 8541Hog had expressed interest in having it near DC. I'd be up for meeting him in Baltimore or there abouts...

I added the possible MMP (Baltimore) to the MTPM

glideridemike 07-28-2012 11:12 AM

It would be great to see what states the mascot has been to , and when it was in that state. NO reason it can't make it a long ways this summer, but only if people do not let it sit for too long in one place

OldIron61 07-28-2012 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by FXD2003Rider (Post 10132349)

FXD2003Rider 07-28-2012 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by OldIron61 (Post 10133348)

Please be informed it is not my aim to keep you away from carrying the mascot. I regret if I have given you the impression.

My aim is to prevent the Mascot being stuck in a garage during Winter and have it travel along the East coast to the South (Alabama Florida) and along the Gulf states to the West towards HDForums HQ in El Segundo CA.

If you want to be involved, IMO the best you could do is to arrange a handover with SC-Longhair at the PA/NJ border in the Stroudsburg or Easton area and arrange a meet with nopetrol in the Philadelphia area.

Interested to hear your, Vic's & nopetrol's opinion on this plan.

nopetrol 07-28-2012 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by FXD2003Rider (Post 10133474)
Please be informed it is not my aim to keep you away from carrying the mascot. I regret if I have given you the impression.

My aim is to prevent the Mascot being stuck in a garage during Winter and have it travel along the East coast to the South (Alabama Florida) and along the Gulf states to the West towards HDForums HQ in El Segundo CA.

If you want to be involved, IMO the best you could do is to arrange a handover with SC-Longhair at the PA/NJ border in the Stroudsburg or Easton area and arrange a meet with nopetrol in the Philadelphia area.

Interested to hear your, Vic's & nopetrol's opinion on this plan.

I haven't got an issue with any of it. If you ask me, the first step for me is to meet with SC longhair. Then, I can coordinate a delivery it a couple few hours to whomever would like to take it next. A few hours into Pa, Md, or De is all just fine with me.

OldIron.... where are you in Pa? IF, IF I were to meet with Longhair before the 8th, I'm going to be in Muncy that weekend for a ride(Google 'Penitent Souls ride for Ellie Lou')..... that's welcome to anyone too!

Like I said, I'll go a few hours in any direction that sells meals! Lmao.

FXD2003Rider 07-28-2012 02:11 PM

My aim is to prevent the Mascot being stuck in a garage during Winter and have it travel along the East coast to the South (Alabama Florida) and along the Gulf states to the West towards HDForums HQ in El Segundo CA....

FXD2003Rider 07-28-2012 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by nopetrol (Post 10133709)
I haven't got an issue with any of it. If you ask me, the first step for me is to meet with SC longhair. Then, I can coordinate a delivery it a couple few hours to whomever would like to take it next. A few hours into Pa, Md, or De is all just fine with me.

OldIron.... where are you in Pa? IF, IF I were to meet with Longhair before the 8th, I'm going to be in Muncy that weekend for a ride(Google 'Penitent Souls ride for Ellie Lou')..... that's welcome to anyone too!

Like I said, I'll go a few hours in any direction that sells meals! Lmao.

Any idea yet where to meet SC-Longhair? If it's halfway (Allentown or Trenton area), OldIron could go there and meet you guys....

nopetrol 07-28-2012 02:31 PM

Not yet, haven't heard back on PM. When OldIron tells me where he is, it may help pick a location. Playing it one step at a time just yet ;)

glideridemike 07-28-2012 02:32 PM

I am not trying to tell anyone how to do it. But this is how I got it going this season-
Contact the person holding the mascot. Have a plan where you might be taking it and then contact riders who live in that area to see if you can find someone interested enough to meet you and take the mascot from there. Rene helped me by giving me a link for the members in a particular state so I could start contacting people. I sent out a lot of pm's to members who were currently still coming on the forum and who were in the general area I was looking at. Someone a few years back told me I had to have a plan for moving the mascot to make it work. I found that advice to be true. But whoever wants to be involved is going to have to reach out to other riders for help in getting it moving or it will just sit in someone's garage.....again.

FXD2003Rider 07-28-2012 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by glideridemike (Post 10133778)
I am not trying to tell anyone how to do it. But this is how I got it going this season-
Contact the person holding the mascot. Have a plan where you might be taking it and then contact riders who live in that area to see if you can find someone interested enough to meet you and take the mascot from there. Rene helped me by giving me a link for the members in a particular state so I could start contacting people. I sent out a lot of pm's to members who were currently still coming on the forum and who were in the general area I was looking at. Someone a few years back told me I had to have a plan for moving the mascot to make it work. I found that advice to be true. But whoever wants to be involved is going to have to reach out to other riders for help in getting it moving or it will just sit in someone's garage.....again.

Thanks for chiming in, Mike. As posted earlier, my aim is to prevent the Mascot being stuck in a garage during Winter and have it travel along the East coast to the South (Alabama Florida) and along the Gulf states to the West towards HDForums HQ in El Segundo CA....General direction so to say is NJ, MD, WV, NC, SC, GA, AL, FL, LA, TX, NM, AZ, CA

patrickd 07-28-2012 04:29 PM

When it gets to the midwest I'm right outside of Omaha and would love to get in on this. Thanks.

FXD2003Rider 07-28-2012 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by patrickd (Post 10134163)
When it gets to the midwest I'm right outside of Omaha and would love to get in on this. Thanks.

Thanks for chiming in, Patrick.

I added your location to the MTPM and will keep your offer in mind...

MYCRISIS 07-28-2012 06:24 PM

Count me in for the East Texas Area. Shreveport La to Dallas/Fort Worth or a few hundred mile radious from Tyler Tx.I posted more info on one of the other "mascot south" threads. New SG,flexible schdl., have gear will travel. I would like to have my sons name and dates on that mascot.