HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here.

HDF Mascot could be coming to FL 09-01-2012

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FXD2003Rider
Recent travel updates to be found over here:

Mascot Travels Aug 11-12 2012

Mascot travels 18 August
René reports the latest Travel updates for the flag. Moving forward and so far on schedule.

Old 08-20-2012, 04:51 PM
Lyttuch
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Gator
René reports the latest Travel updates for the flag. Moving forward and so far on schedule.
Speaking of which...as it's only two weeks out, when do you want to start firming up our leg of the journey, Gator? I'm open to breakfast somewhere before heading to Destination, or lunch somewhere.

Do you think US 1 or 95? I'm open to anything...where pictures won't be taken <whistling and looking around>

Old 08-20-2012, 05:02 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Gator can you post an approximate calendar for Florida?

Old 08-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by uklauren
Gator can you post an approximate calendar for Florida?
This is what we have so far. I was thinking we could get it to Kimbo at Treasure Coast HD on Sunday Sept 2

sofadog has suggested a Meet and Greet on the central west coast on the 15th but got no public response.

Anyone want to fill in some blanks.

Stage 10: 09/01/2012
Planned stage:
Tyrone GA ==> Tifton GA by Sammy1200N
Mascot meet with:
HDRick (confirmed taker)
Sefferdog (tentative)
sofadog (tentative)
49 Casseta Road
Tifton GA
Timing: around lunch time

Planned sub stage:
Tifton GA/FL ==> Ocala FL by HDRick

Stages in and out of FL are being coordinated by Big Gator.

Stage 11: 09/02/2012 Ocala FL area ==> Palm Bay FL area
Planned sub stage:
Ocala FL ==> Ormond Beach FL by HDRick
Mascot meet with:
Big Gator (possible taker)
kimbo (possible taker)
HDRick
1637 North US Highway 1
Ormond Beach, FL
Timing: to be confirmed

Planned sub stage:
Ormond Beach FL ==> further South
Big Gator or kimbo take the Mascot further South and arrange a meet in the Palm Bay FL area to hand off the Mascot to ukLauren or Gotmysg11 for the ride to Key West

Stage 12: Palm Bay FL area ==> Key West ==> Palm Bay area

Stage 13: Palm Bay FL Area ==> Tampa FL area

Stage 14: Tampa FL area ==> Ocala FL area

delivery by HarleyTrish or flslowryder; taker is Sefferdog

Stage 15: 09/22/2012 Ocala area ==>Tallahassee area

delivery by Sefferdog, taker is bcane98

Stage 16: Tallahasse FL area ==> Mobile FL area

Possible meeting with bcane 98 and Hawkdriver75, PktChg and j o r d a nball33 from AL

delivery by bcane98, taker is CurtisO
Originally Posted by Big Gator
I have confirmed with bcane98 and notified René a plan to meet at Boss Oysters located at 123 Water Street, Apalachicola, FL 32320 around 12:30 on Satuday Sept 22nd to get the mascot headed to Mobile AL

This should be a great adventure for the mascot. Everyone bring camera and we will show them how it is done Crew style.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:42 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I can grab it from someone out of Palm bay somewhere and get it back up here to Trish Gator. Maybe Dennis or someone can bring it to Lake Whales for me. Has to be after the 12th though.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:53 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

could somebody bring it further south than Palm Bay? - Palm Bay to Key West is a little teeny weeny bit of a long trip, bearing in mind Steevo and I were thinking of Saturday Sept 8th with a very early start to get to the Keys which is already probably 5 hours each way. We plan to do our best to get as far into the Keys as possible weather and traffic dependant.
What we need really is somebody to get it to West Palm Beach area on Wednesday Sept 5th which is my day off work so I could get to meet up and collect it.

Anybody else interested in a ride to Mile Marker 1?

Old 08-20-2012, 08:13 PM
sofadog
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was going to try and do a passoff from the South on 9/8 around Sebring area, but it looks like it might still be in the Keys and than bring it to Homosassa/ Crystal River on 9/15, passoff to Sefferdog or Trish. Than off the Apalachacola on the 22nd. My Saturday dates are open for Sept. Will be riding to the GA. line with HD Rick on the 1st.

Originally Posted by Just Dave
I can grab it from someone out of Palm bay somewhere and get it back up here to Trish Gator. Maybe Dennis or someone can bring it to Lake Whales for me. Has to be after the 12th though.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:42 PM
kimbo
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by uklauren
could somebody bring it further south than Palm Bay? - Palm Bay to Key West is a little teeny weeny bit of a long trip, bearing in mind Steevo and I were thinking of Saturday Sept 8th with a very early start to get to the Keys which is already probably 5 hours each way. We plan to do our best to get as far into the Keys as possible weather and traffic dependant.
What we need really is somebody to get it to West Palm Beach area on Wednesday Sept 5th which is my day off work so I could get to meet up and collect it.

Anybody else interested in a ride to Mile Marker 1?
Lauren, I think the tentative plan is for me to pick it up and bring it to you guys.. Let's see how it sorts out.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:46 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sofadog
I was going to try and do a passoff from the South on 9/8 around Sebring area, but it looks like it might still be in the Keys and than bring it to Homosassa/ Crystal River on 9/15, passoff to Sefferdog or Trish. Than off the Apalachacola on the 22nd. My Saturday dates are open for Sept. Will be riding to the GA. line with HD Rick on the 1st.
No since in you holding it for a week since you are going to get it in the first place in Ga. and also joining it going out Lee. A lot of us can move it during the week and get a little more coverage done during that week it would be sitting idle with you. I can grab it anyday after the 12th and get it back up here to Thrish. This needs to be our #1 Priority, getting it in Trish's hands since she brought this up in the first place. Everybody is just going to have to work around her trip. I don't understand the big rush to get it out of Florida in the first place myself. The guy just said he wants it back to California by New Years? I think. I can't find where and when he said he wanted it out there. Seems like plenty of time to me.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:08 PM
dedjr67
Road Master

I can pick it up and bring it pretty much anywhere at anytime during the week with a little notice. Just let me know where and when and who I am meeting and who is riding with me.

Quick Reply: HDF Mascot could be coming to FL 09-01-2012