HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here.

WANTED-Members to help keep our Mascot moving

Old 03-29-2018, 12:11 PM
Redoilokie
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,709 Likes on 5,857 Posts

Still planning on being in or around New Braunfels tomorrow afternoon. I'll give you a call when get into town.

Old 03-31-2018, 05:29 PM
Redoilokie
Seasoned HDF Member

The Mascot is back in Tulsa. I met up with Dukkie last night and did a quick swap. I was smoked from the journey. The sheer volume of traffic on 35 south due to the game in San Antonio, and road construction from Ft. Worth through San Marcos put me at about 6 hours from Ft. Worth to New Braunfels. I made it back today with normal traffic in about half that time.

Anyway, I can hold on to it here and maybe do some localish meet ups if anyone near wants to sign it, or pass it around until June.

Old 04-01-2018, 05:08 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 867 Likes on 576 Posts

Originally Posted by Redoilokie
The Mascot is back in Tulsa. I met up with Dukkie last night and did a quick swap. I was smoked from the journey. The sheer volume of traffic on 35 south due to the game in San Antonio, and road construction from Ft. Worth through San Marcos put me at about 6 hours from Ft. Worth to New Braunfels. I made it back today with normal traffic in about half that time.

Anyway, I can hold on to it here and maybe do some localish meet ups if anyone near wants to sign it, or pass it around until June.
Eric,
Good job and thank you for getting the Mascot on the move again!

Once you have your planning fixed please let me know so we can try to find some members on your way who are interested to sign the Mascot. I have some friends living in New York State who are intersted for sure...

Old 04-01-2018, 12:28 PM
Redoilokie
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by FXD2003Rider
Eric,
Good job and thank you for getting the Mascot on the move again!

Once you have your planning fixed please let me know so we can try to find some members on your way who are interested to sign the Mascot. I have some friends living in New York State who are intersted for sure...
I'll be leaving here 9 June. Plans include being passed out in a friend's cabin in the vicinity of Laconia the night of the 11th. Everything beyond that is fluid up to being back home and at work on the 25th. I'm not a real details guy about this sort of thing.

Having said that, if anyone from this part of the country wants to move the mascot along in your direction sooner, I'm open to meeting up and handing it over.

Old 04-04-2018, 10:54 AM
Redoilokie
Seasoned HDF Member

A question about Texas HOV lanes. I read somewhere that federal law allows motorcycles access to HOV lanes? Are motorcycles exempt from the fees on the HOV lanes in TX? More specifically on I35.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:24 AM
ChromeSpark
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No they charge the same as a car, I think. Texas will take money from all, just give them a chance haha! They tried to charge me for being on the bike in south Texas, when I hadn't been to that road ever (newer toll road near Austin), they finally gave in after about 1/2 hour on the phone

Last edited by ChromeSpark; 04-05-2018 at 10:26 AM.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:27 AM
Redoilokie
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by ChromeSpark
No they charge the same as a car, I think. Texas will take money from all, just give them a chance haha! They tried to charge me for being on the bike in south Texas, when I hadn't been to that road ever (newer toll road near Austin), they finally gave in after about 1/2 hour on the phone
Yeah, I got on their website a little bit yesterday. It looks like bikes do get a discount, but you have to buy a tag. I guarantee you, I won't travel down that mess they call I35 again without using the HOV lanes.

Old 04-05-2018, 12:22 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

I'll be leaving here 9 June. Plans include being passed out in a friend's cabin in the vicinity of Laconia the night of the 11th. Everything beyond that is fluid up to being back home and at work on the 25th. I'm not a real details guy about this sort of thing.

Having said that, if anyone from this part of the country wants to move the mascot along in your direction sooner, I'm open to meeting up and handing it over.
Eric,
I have two friends living South of Laconia (see red circle in image).
Do you consider meeting up with both or one of them in that area as an option after you've left Laconia ?

Old 04-05-2018, 12:28 PM
Redoilokie
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by FXD2003Rider
Eric,
I have two friends living South of Laconia (see red circle in image).
Do you consider meeting up with both or one of them in that area as an option after you've left Laconia ?
Like I said, once I make NH, I'll be pretty flexible for a while. The screen below is my "proposed" route, but I intend to leave myself enough time to get off the beaten path.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Tuls...36.1539816!3e0

Old 04-05-2018, 12:58 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Like I said, once I make NH, I'll be pretty flexible for a while. The screen below is my "proposed" route, but I intend to leave myself enough time to get off the beaten path.
This route info opens many options, Eric! Thanks for sharing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WANTED-Members to help keep our Mascot moving