HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here.

On the road again

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 08:42 AM
LeadSSled
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Deucedog
I would think that we should be in Abingdon by about 3:00. It's a little under 300 miles and we usually get an early start. If it works out that our time schedules match up, you are certainly welcome to join us for dinner and a cold beverage. You will join us, right?
I think that timing should work. As much as I would like to, I probably will not stick around for dinner as that will put me back home later than I would like. But if I could be on the road again by 4:30-ish that afternoon, that should work for me and likely leave enough time for a cold beverage.

I am still working on details with boot1 to get the mascot from Memphis to Knoxville. Once a definite plan comes together, I will post the details. I should know something by tonight.

Old 06-16-2014, 04:24 PM
LeadSSled
Road Captain

Update: I just got off the phone with boot1. We are going to meet up tomorrow west of Nashville for the mascot handoff. I will have it back in Knoxville by dinner tomorrow evening. Then I will coordinate with Duecedog to get it to him in Abingdon VA on the 27th.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:28 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 260 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by LeadSSled
Update: I just got off the phone with boot1. We are going to meet up tomorrow west of Nashville for the mascot hand-off. I will have it back in Knoxville by dinner tomorrow evening. Then I will coordinate with Duecedog to get it to him in Abingdon VA on the 27th.
Sounds like we're getting the mascot on the move again. There's a good chance that we'll be in Abingdon a bit earlier. I'm being cautious with the time so that we don't end up having you wait around for us in case we have an unforeseen delay. I can give you status updates that day at gas stops so you know how far along we are. I'm guessing we'll be on the road no later than 9 a.m. That should give us plenty of time to cover 300 miles at warp speed.

Old 06-16-2014, 07:58 PM
bogieb
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good - it sounds like it is starting to come together. Hopefully some of the Queens and I will get to ride together again and do the final leg of the journey to NH

Old 06-16-2014, 09:08 PM
LeadSSled
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Deucedog
Sounds like we're getting the mascot on the move again. There's a good chance that we'll be in Abingdon a bit earlier. I'm being cautious with the time so that we don't end up having you wait around for us in case we have an unforeseen delay. I can give you status updates that day at gas stops so you know how far along we are. I'm guessing we'll be on the road no later than 9 a.m. That should give us plenty of time to cover 300 miles at warp speed.
That sounds like a plan. I have half the distance to cover that day that you do, so I was planing to leave Noon-ish that day to be there between 3:00 and 3:30. I will PM you to firm up details after I have the mascot back in K-town. Let's hope for a dry day.

Old 06-17-2014, 04:32 PM
LeadSSled
Road Captain

Exchange made. As of 5:00 PM Eastern today, after 499.7 miles (I'm calling it 500 )the mascot is in Knoxville, TN. Next stop, Abingdon VA.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:07 PM
EveHD
Moderatress
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by LeadSSled
Exchange made. As of 5:00 PM Eastern today, after 499.7 miles (I'm calling it 500 )the mascot is in Knoxville, TN. Next stop, Abingdon VA.
You ROCK!!!

Old 06-17-2014, 06:16 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EveHD
You ROCK!!!
Ok Eve. When are we pulling an all nighter and going to w v? I'm game if u r!!

Old 06-17-2014, 06:17 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYSBY
Ok Eve. When are we pulling an all nighter and going to w v? I'm game if u r!!
Oops! I guess I meant Virginia.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:19 PM
LeadSSled
Road Captain

Originally Posted by EveHD
You ROCK!!!
The next time you and the QOTR are in Tail of the Dragon/Cherohola country, look me up. My wife (a Heritage Softail rider) and I would love to meet up with y'all.

Quick Reply: On the road again