Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Best Tuner of 2015 Street glide?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 07:37 AM
coffman2c
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best Tuner of 2015 Street glide?

Does anyone have a good suggestion for a tuner for a 2015 Street Glide. I'm looking to get one but not sure which one I should get.
Thanks in advance!

Old 05-13-2015, 07:59 AM
xtremer-pxl
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am very happy with my dynojet power vision. its a very powerful tool

Old 05-13-2015, 11:18 AM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

Devin and Kevin(DK) both use the Power Vision, Devin has a 2014 SG. They are 100% satisfied with the results they receive from the PV. One of the many good things about the Power Vision is that it is delivered to you with a Custom Map, for Your Bike, already installed in it. You can plug it in, load the new tune into your bike, unplug it, and be riding with the New Tune in 5 minutes. The PV also comes with the Auto Tune feature, this will come in handy.

Hope this helps you out
Kelsey

Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/DKCustom/Links/Sig1-8-14_zps9d8aff35.jpg

Old 05-13-2015, 12:14 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

If it comes with a calibration already loaded for your bike. Why will auto tune come in handy? How is it calibrated to your non matched injectors, or MAP sensor? Are you stuck with the factory setting for fans or is this adjusted?

Bottom line is it's a air pump and no two pump the same. No two injectors in the Harley world flow the same. I would look for advice from guys that don't make their money on internet sales. If you walk into a ford dealer and ask about the best mid size. I bet they a ford.

Old 05-13-2015, 05:12 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,930 Likes on 2,288 Posts

Originally Posted by hrdtail78
If it comes with a calibration already loaded for your bike. Why will auto tune come in handy? How is it calibrated to your non matched injectors, or MAP sensor? Are you stuck with the factory setting for fans or is this adjusted?

Bottom line is it's a air pump and no two pump the same. No two injectors in the Harley world flow the same. I would look for advice from guys that don't make their money on internet sales. If you walk into a ford dealer and ask about the best mid size. I bet they a ford.
When you get a Power Vision Package from us there are a few questions to answer, what type A/C, what exhaust, and any other mods. We then send your Power Vision with a Tune that is Customized for your bikes set-up.

As you stated, no two bikes (even with identical set-ups) are the same. PLUS, everyone has their own riding style. That is the reason for auto tune. It is delivered to you with the base tune (for your set-up), and then it gets dialed in with the auto tune. You are not stuck with the factory settings, everything is available with the included software to make whatever changes you want.

Here's a good overview of most of the popular tuners on the market...most that we don't sell...but we always give honest information, even though we sell on the internet (and at our physical location).

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/ignit...uning-etc.html

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 05-14-2015, 02:07 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DK Custom
You are not stuck with the factory settings, everything is available with the included software to make whatever changes you want.

How do you change the factory EPA closed loop setting of the 48 kpa break point? How do you change the setting of no learning above 3750 rpm while running a non auto tune calibration? How do you change when the MAP sensor is polled?

Just run autotune and things will be great.?? What if the aftermarket pipes have bad O2 placement? What if the slip-on are too free flowing for the build? What if the stock O2's are so bad that readings in any area below 2250 are going to be garbage? Garbage in, garbage out.

I understand how it is suppose to all work. I have read through the instructions of the PV. I have watched all the videos. I have heard all the sale pitch's. I also tune at least 2-3 Harley's a week, and have a good understanding that not everything works out like it is suppose to.

Look at the forums and all the problems the DIYer have tuning. Basicly there are two categories. The first is learning how to use the device or program. The second is collecting garbage data and trying to map VE's with it.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:06 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

There are thousands more "what if's".

Since you tune 2-3 HD's a week, I'm sure you've run into a bunch of them. What do you use to tune them?

Old 05-15-2015, 10:22 AM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DK Custom
There are thousands more "what if's".

Since you tune 2-3 HD's a week, I'm sure you've run into a bunch of them. What do you use to tune them?

SE, vision, Techno Research, TTS, PC5, PCIII....... What ever the customer already has. If he needs a tuner and asked what I prefer. I will tune it with a TTS using my green with analog inputs. I find it is the easiest product to verify what my stock O2's are seeing. Then the decision of running closed or open or fix the stock sensor location for better sampling.

Since I do get to tune with everything. I also have tuned big internet names in the industry with their supplied canned calibrations. Also have tuned the manufactures canned calibrations. I break mapping of VE's, main spark table, and setting up AFR table into 7 different area's. Idle, off idle (parking lot) light cruise, aggressive cruise, throttle jockey, WOT, and deceleration. All this can be taken care of with one calibration. Canned calibration usually get 3 or 4 of them close, and some of them it is easier to make my own starter cal.

There are a thousand more what if's. That's why I have $30,000 worth of equipment for tuning. Buying a $500 flash tuner w/ a starter cal isn't going to do the same and shouldn't be advertise as such.

Here is what I am finishing today. 2012 FLHX Stage 1 only. First I had to take of the Wiseco Fuel Management Controller. It was advertised as a plug in and forget it, do everything for you tuner. The Akrapovic 2-1 does not come with 12mm bungs. You use adapters that move the O2's completely out of the pipe. Making any type of VE mapping with stock O2's impossible. Makes any type of LTFT, STFT impossible.

Old 05-16-2015, 12:53 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

SE, vision, Techno Research, TTS, PC5, PCIII....... What ever the customer already has. If he needs a tuner and asked what I prefer. I will tune it with a TTS using my green with analog inputs. I find it is the easiest product to verify what my stock O2's are seeing. Then the decision of running closed or open or fix the stock sensor location for better sampling.

Since I do get to tune with everything. I also have tuned big internet names in the industry with their supplied canned calibrations. Also have tuned the manufactures canned calibrations. I break mapping of VE's, main spark table, and setting up AFR table into 7 different area's. Idle, off idle (parking lot) light cruise, aggressive cruise, throttle jockey, WOT, and deceleration. All this can be taken care of with one calibration. Canned calibration usually get 3 or 4 of them close, and some of them it is easier to make my own starter cal.

There are a thousand more what if's. That's why I have $30,000 worth of equipment for tuning. Buying a $500 flash tuner w/ a starter cal isn't going to do the same and shouldn't be advertise as such.

Sounds like you are a guy to get a tune from!

99 times out a 100 guys will get their bike tuned on the dyno by a "tuner" and it will Not be perform as well as if they had run a basic auto tune with a Power Vision.

I can't count the number of bikes I've seen where a guy had just spent 300-500 for a tuner and another 300-600 for a dyno tune and the bike did not run well. After doing a few auto tune runs, it ran much better.

That does not mean you can't tune it better than an auto tune, it certainly sounds like you can, and do!

It just means that most guys doing dyno tuning are not going to do as good as a job as the auto tune.

Old 05-16-2015, 06:17 AM
airfuel
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How do you change the factory EPA closed loop setting of the 48 kpa break point? How do you change the setting of no learning above 3750 rpm while running a non auto tune calibration?

Look at the forums and all the problems the DIYer have tuning. Basicly there are two categories. The first is learning how to use the device or program. The second is collecting garbage data and trying to map VE's with it.
A few general questions.

How long does it generally take you to tune and about how much? (Ballpark figures)

Just because we have the ability to adjust many of the parameters does it mean we should?
Do you think people are obsessing over tuning and re-tuning a pretty basic "air pump"?

In other words, when does the joy of riding a motorcycle become an overwhelming obsession with trying to make it run just a little better?
(We are talking about HD here, not some advanced engine designed for racing or high performance)

Last edited by airfuel; 05-16-2015 at 06:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Best Tuner of 2015 Street glide?